Felony 8s Felony rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive not blown a grp upto now.
But i do prep them.

My latest set of s4 have about 10/12 runs between 140mph - 146 mph.
Is it higher the number, the harder it is?
For what it is worth if you go with the GRP tires, I always ran the super soft compound during all seasons.
As long as it was about 50 F. and sunny the S1 tires did ok.
how fast did you go with the S1 tire?
Also, what is the difference between Treaded and normal?

Last edited:
I think I am going to get a set of S1 and a set of S5. does that sound like a good choice? What is the difference between GTX and GTH?
I believe just colors.
The GTJ (J = hard rim) is the one to get. I think they are limited to just white wheels, but the wheel is much stiffer plastic than the others.

Yes make sure to get the white J rims as @LibertyMKiii mentioned they are the hardest plastic rims and won't flex like the others that are softer. I'd suggest S1 and S3 compounds in the GTJ and yes an extra $2 is far worth it. The J rims won't flex and cause tires to come unglued or blow as easy and cause a crash. I believe the 'GT' is the tread style and 'J' is the rim material/hardness. Also make sure to balance them well as GRP's are usually way out of balance from factory. Think the couple new sets I've bought had one wheel close to balanced and rest way off.

Higher the # the harder the compound or Shore #. But generally, you run softer compounds with colder air temps. Harder compounds with high temps.
Temps affect traction. Finding that comfortable medium is trial and error. And can be purely subjective for each rig and driver. I would say start somewhere in the middle and evaluate from there.

Last edited:
Yes make sure to get the white J rims as @LibertyMKiii mentioned they are the hardest plastic rims and won't flex like the others that are softer. I'd suggest S1 and S3 compounds in the GTJ and yes an extra $2 is far worth it. The J rims won't flex and cause tires to come unglued or blow as easy and cause a crash. I believe the 'GT' is the tread style and 'J' is the rim material/hardness. Also make sure to balance them well as GRP's are usually way out of balance from factory. Think the couple new sets I've bought had one wheel close to balanced and rest way off.
GTJ's only come in white. o well I found some for $20! so they are the same price.

As soon as I get the money.

GRP.PNG

GTJ's only come in white. o well I found some for $20! so they are the same price.

As soon as I get the money.

View attachment 192562
They are blowing out all the old versions as the new 2022 versions will be here soon.

I've never gone that fast, so it's not fair for me to comment. Maybe @K-BASH @jondilly1974 @LibertyMKiii @Edough13 @Taztaz @rotauq @Harriot10 @j$24 or some of the other speed runners can chime in.
Personally, I'm a fan of the GRP's...especially if you're running them under 150MPH. I just bought a few more sets from hobby hero's since they're on sale. I've consistently taken them over 140mph+ (max 153mph thus far). Not only a good speed run tire, but also good for any road cars you want to just mess around with or practice on as you're moving up in speed. Especially since they're on the cheaper side. I run S5's only now with the harder J rim. Usually when I speed run, it's early in the am when traffic is slow....so outside temp has been around 50F. I haven't gotten the same kind of grip on foams (BSR purples & GB are the foams I've tried - probably of when I run in the am) and have had experiences with them getting damaged easier - which is the biggest issue for me. If you have a good smooth road though, I can definitely see the benefit of foams....especially if you're shooting for the higher end speeds. But if your end goal is in the 100-120MPH, I see no reason for messing with foams at all. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm a fan of the GRP's...especially if you're running them under 150MPH. I just bought a few more sets from hobby hero's since they're on sale. I've consistently taken them over 140mph+ (max 153mph thus far). Not only a good speed run tire, but also good for any road cars you want to just mess around with or practice on as you're moving up in speed. Especially since they're on the cheaper side. I run S5's only now with the harder J rim. Usually when I speed run, it's early in the am when traffic is slow....so outside temp has been around 50F. I haven't gotten the same kind of grip on foams (BSR purples & GB are the foams I've tried - probably of when I run in the am) and have had experiences with them getting damaged easier - which is the biggest issue for me. If you have a good smooth road though, I can definitely see the benefit of foams....especially if you're shooting for the higher end speeds. But if your end goal is in the 100-120MPH, I see no reason for messing with foams at all. Just my 2 cents.
Big help, and backing up SrC, Liberty, and Edough13. you all are in the same boat and think the same thing.

Would the old ones be fine? I could get a set and 1/2 (6 tires) with free shipping for $60
Might

Yes, ive had great results with s7 in the summer months and s3 when its colder.
S1 softest
S7 hardest

Might

Yes, ive had great results with s7 in the summer months and s3 when its colder.
S1 softest
S7 hardest
I am going to get a set of S1's and a set of S3's hard wall.
what should I use for weights for balancing?

Last edited:
I've ran GRP's 130's consistently, best pass on GRP's was 140mph. Like many others stated, foams are totally different and take some getting use to. I tried them on my Infraction before the weather got cold, but couldn't get a clean pass in. When it warms up, I'll be back at it. Hopefully with some new PB's! ;) 🤞

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back