Felony 8s Felony rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got 67mph with 3S that is a new PB, on the set up I don't think I will be going any faster I might be able to pull off 1 or 2 more teeth on the pinon, I am happy with that run, but all my other runs (3S and 4S) the car would fly, 4 different times mid 60's and the car would float 0in-6in off the ground and gracefully land. My rake seems good it is about a centimeter different from front to rear, also I just seem to have not enough traction I wonder if the old C7 body does not give enough down force or if I should add weight. Some of the runs were on Hoons and some were on S3's. Would anyone be able to give me some help I just can't get this car to go fast and not crash.
Best bet is you are getting too much air under the nose. Get the nose down as far as possible. It can scrape a little bit, that is OK. It will wear down to a point where it won't scape anymore.

Another thing is if you have springs and oil in the rear shocks, scrap that idea. You want a solid rear end, so suspension travel. Here is the key though, you want the shocks the exact same length, so be careful with these mods. If one is longer, it will drive the car the other direction. So if left rear is longer, the car will drive right under power. You can combat this with droop to an extent, but its best to dial in the shock bump stops instead. You can use small spacers to dial it in, but I would recommend getting the bump stops permanently dead on.

Lastly is any rear downforce may cause the nose to come up too. You want just enough rear downforce to be able to keep traction, but not too much to lift the nose or cause excessive drag. There is a fine balance here and trial and error is required. This is a constant balancing act that you have to adjust every time you increase your MPH.

Going 130's took me a year+. Then I lost some of that momentum over the winter and took me another year to get into the 140's. While I don't think chasing the leaders is ever my goal, I do love the challenge of pushing myself. Make sure you are pushing yourself and not setting unreasonable goals.

Alright, I am working on the Felony today it is the 1st time since I crash it, I finally have the money to get a better body and transmitter for it, so I am fixing it and trying to set it back up and better. Hoping to get to 100mph before the season ends, I did not make an overall PB speed wise this year and that would be a very nice way to end the speed running year.
The 2 questions I have are: 1. should I run the carbon skirts of just take them off? And if I should leave them on why, I am not even at 100mph. 2. Do I even need my rear diffuser? I think it would help protect the car if I cashed but for the diffuser part of it, I do not know, since the Hobao is over 180mph without one (stock chassis VTE2 McCoy).

Alright, I am working on the Felony today it is the 1st time since I crash it, I finally have the money to get a better body and transmitter for it, so I am fixing it and trying to set it back up and better. Hoping to get to 100mph before the season ends, I did not make an overall PB speed wise this year and that would be a very nice way to end the speed running year.
The 2 questions I have are: 1. should I run the carbon skirts of just take them off? And if I should leave them on why, I am not even at 100mph. 2. Do I even need my rear diffuser? I think it would help protect the car if I cashed but for the diffuser part of it, I do not know, since the Hobao is over 180mph without one (stock chassis VTE2 McCoy).

I wouldn't count on the diffuser sucking the car to the ground providing the needed downforce. As you noted the VTE2 is running fine without one. I also have reason to believe that the 10 or less mm ground clearance is not enough for that to work correctly.

I wouldn't count on the diffuser sucking the car to the ground providing the needed downforce. As you noted the VTE2 is running fine without one. I also have reason to believe that the 10 or less mm ground clearance is not enough for that to work correctly.
I can second that. Stopped using the forged carbon diffuser on my vte2. It does not add significant downforce.
On my limitless i also cut off a part of the diffuser.

Only thing to mind is that you don't want air from under the car to get stuck/affected by the rear of the body. It should be open or cut off high. That's some tiny detail the very long arrma diffuser does fix.

@LibertyMKiii @rotauq Thanks for the input. What do you guys think about the side skirts? Keep or say goodbye, if I would remove them, I would put foam on the sides to keep the body from flapping.
P1100513.JPG

@LibertyMKiii @rotauq Thanks for the input. What do you guys think about the side skirts? Keep or say goodbye, if I would remove them, I would put foam on the sides to keep the body from flapping.View attachment 248330
I do like the extra space the skirts offer. And nowadays I use m3 duallock to keep the body attached(and stiffend) So i like to have the chassis as wide as the body.
If you don't use the extra space at all, filling it with foam could work too.

On mine I had to screw on the end to help get things on. Not sure if that will help in your scenario or not....
I wrapped tape around some pliers to hold the fuel tube/shaft so the pliers didn't cut the tubing.

I was thinking, what is my problem with getting this shock back together?
The problem is getting the end cap on, so what I ended up doing is using vwturbowolf's zip-tie trick with the springs, put them on, and then put the end cap on. Then screwed the eyelid on in the end and screwed it until it touched fuel tubing.
I went out and tested it to see If the drive train was messed up since I haven't run it since I crashed. It was fine, but my steering is all over the place. I will be tightening that up and putting a foam block on the back where the diffuser was. Got around 40mph just enough to make sure nothing was broken and get
that speed need taken care of for the day, since I worked on cars for about 2 1/2 hours and I needed to run something.

At this point I am waiting for my transmitter to come in and delta plastics Porsche body to come back in stock. When my NB4 comes in I get my need for speed pacified with some 100% 3S passes which will be 63-67mph.

P1100888.JPG

P1100890.JPG

P1100892.JPG

P1100942.JPG

P1100889.JPG

Is it worth trying to tighten, shim and super glue everything on my car or should I just put this one under the table and get a V2 or a VTE2?
Everything is loose in the back from the arm on both ends to the shock eyelets to the diff pinon. For that matter the whole car is sloppy. Also, every time I take something apart, I find something that is bent, broke, or stretched.
Edit: @K-BASH @vwturbowolf @real_name_hidden

Last edited:
Is it worth trying to tighten, shim and super glue everything on my car or should I just put this one under the table and get a V2 or a VTE2?
Everything is loose in the back from the arm on both ends to the shock eyelets to the diff pinon. For that matter the whole car is sloppy. Also, every time I take something apart, I find something that is bent, broke, or stretched.
I think the @ did not work since I edited it in, sorry if it did and I just doubled pinged you. @K-BASH @vwturbowolf @real_name_hidden

My go to is slipping washers in and tightening everything down real good then when there’s still slop get the glue 😂the glue works. I’d go for it.

I think the @ did not work since I edited it in, sorry if it did and I just doubled pinged you. @K-BASH @vwturbowolf @real_name_hidden

My honest thoughts, I have gone through my v1 numerous times. No matter how/what.... even though I've poured tons of money into the v1.. used to be 6s and majority 8s. Every time something failed. Upgrade... fail.. Upgrade fail. But in my I didn't give up on it yet. But I will say that the v2 has been great in comparison. Just my opinion

Edit. I was typing while driving.

But I would definitely replace anything damaged/bent/broken and start from there. If it's cheaper.. gotta out weight in the cost effective tho.. It's not cheap speedruns ask @K-BASH 🤣

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back