Felony 8s Felony rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TN-RC

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Vendetta
This is my 8s Felony rebuild my goal for this is to have a 130mph RC car, a good running RC and maybe sell it when I am happy and start a faster build with the money

It has:
- Spectrum 160a ESC
- Hobby wing 4985 motor
- Carbon fiber side skirts
- And made the rear diff for a 100mm tire instead of the 107mm.
- C7 corvette body
- Hot racing center diff mount cover
- And maybe some other thing that I don't know about (I am the 2nd owner)

What I will be doing to it:
- Adding a carbon fiber Pinocchio spool
- Foam tires
- Different transmitter and receiver
- A new C8 body (which comes with a front splitter)
- Carbon fiber top plate, F/R shock tower, steering rack, and steering plate
- And just cleaning it up adding oil to the Diff's, shocks and fixing anything that is broken, and small things like screws and tiny parts or 3d printed parts

Here is a photo what it looked like when I started this morning
IMG_5190.JPG
IMG_5189.JPG
IMG_5193.JPG

Here is what it looks like now
IMG_5220.JPG

So far, I found that one of the Diffuser supports was cracked and one of the battery trays had one of the mounting points broke off.
IMG_5208.JPG
IMG_5209.JPG

This is my first build thread post let me know how it is.
Ps: my goal is to have this all done in 2 months we will see if that happens:sneaky:

And my body was cracked at the wheel wells so and added the fishing line and melted howls in the body cos when I would get over 70mph the body would get pushed down by the wind and it would catch air and make the car start sliding sideways.

Last edited:
Are you running 4S batteries in series with plug adapters ?Not sure that's wise on 8S. Hope that ESC Motor setup can handle 8s ok. Think a lot of folks running that motor ECS combo run 6S . Rock on.

Are you running 4S batteries in series with plug adapters ?Not sure that's wise on 8S. Hope that ESC Motor setup can handle 8s ok. Think a lot of folks running that motor ECS combo run 6S . Rock on.
Looks like the ESC is the one that comes included with the Kraton 8S and Outcast 8S RTR's. It's a 160 amp ESC that can handle 8S. Not sure what kind of motor it is. It looks like a hobbywing max 6.

The ESC comes with the 1/5 Kraton and OC and yes, the motor is a 6s motor. But the 1st owner and I had no problem and clams 127 which I believe as long as you can get it to stick and have over 1000ft of good road. I went 94mph no problem on a 600ft road.
Not sure what kind of motor it is. It looks like a hobbywing max 6.
It is a 4985

Just a suggestion . If you are going to run those batteries I would cut the connectors off and put some ec5's on them to at least match the ESC . Or put qs8's on the batteries and the esc.

Not sure what those little yellow connectors are that you have adapters taped onto but I'm sure they aren't rated for 8s. EC5's are probably the minimum you would want to go with for 8s. I use ec5's for all my 6s stuff . I have QS8's for my 8s/10s boat and my Limitless.

Nice bro glad to see you getting it started! Definitely have a good base to start with and build on it from there. The 160A may be tough to push 130mph with due to Amp limiting. I'd highly suggest picking up a perfect pass for an even smooth pull and help the Amp spikes and cut outs. Look forward to the build progress and some PB's from ya🤘🏼 Any questions or help you need just ask as I've said in our PM's👊🏼

Just a suggestion . If you are going to run those batteries I would cut the connectors off and put some ec5's on them to at least match the ESC . Or put qs8's on the batteries and the esc.

Not sure what those little yellow connectors are that you have adapters taped onto but I'm sure they aren't rated for 8s. EC5's are probably the minimum you would want to go with for 8s. I use ec5's for all my 6s stuff . I have QS8's for my 8s/10s boat and my Limitless.
The battery connectors are XT90's so I have an adapter for them I plan on making them EC5's. yes, the QS8's are beefy.
Nice bro glad to see you getting it started! Definitely have a good base to start with and build on it from there. The 160A may be tough to push 130mph with due to Amp limiting. I'd highly suggest picking up a perfect pass for an even smooth pull and help the Amp spikes and cut outs. Look forward to the build progress and some PB's from ya🤘🏼 Any questions or help you need just ask as I've said in our PM's👊🏼
I was thinking about putting a max5 in it, but I would need to get $1200 to cover my cost (and I am even starting with a used car) and I am not going to get 1200 for it. I think I am going to try and get 1K for it if I can get 130+. With the money I would buy a used xlx2 limitless or put the money towards a custom 200mph+ build. (Will I get 1K? probably not, but that is what I am going to try to get I bought it for $550 and I am adding $300 in parts, and I am rebuilding it as you can see so it will be fresh, I bought it in a not vary kept up state).

Last edited:
The battery connectors are XT90's so I have an adapter for them I plan on making them EC5's. yes, the QS8's are beefy.

I was thinking about putting a max5 in it, but I would need to get $1200 to cover my cost (and I am even starting with a used car) and I am not going to get 1200 for it. I think I am going to try and get 1K for it if I can get 130+. With the money I would buy a used xlx2 limitless or put the money towards a custom 200mph+ build. (Will I get 1K? probably not, but that is what I am going to try to get I bought it for $550 and I am adding $300 in parts, and I am rebuilding it as you can see so it will be fresh, I bought it in a not vary kept up state).
I'd go with a Castle mmx8s over a max5 especially for a speed rig. Max5 won't handle the Amps, no data logs, less tuning options and its bulkier.
If you want a Limitless speed rig why not just build this into one and save a lot of time, money and headache as it's the same chassis/platform?
Also to get even close to a 1K for this you'd need to replace EVERYTHING with better upgraded parts/electronics plus a new chassis and body.

I'd go with a Castle mmx8s over a max5 especially for a speed rig. Max5 won't handle the Amps, no data logs, less tuning options and its bulkier.
If you want a Limitless speed rig why not just build this into one and save a lot of time, money and headache as it's the same chassis/platform?
Also to get even close to a 1K for this you'd need to replace EVERYTHING with better upgraded parts/electronics plus a new chassis and body.
I really want a custom build. When I am all done with this how much do you think I could get for it? I got $600 in it now (Which I think is good) and I think the spool would add value, the body, and just having it rebuilt when buying a used RC car, you know that you are going to have to do something to it, so it is in good running order. When you would be buying a used Limitless you (most of the time) can't just add batteries and go 120 unless you buy a build that is new and that cost good money this, I am going to get in very good condition so they can buy it add batteries and go 120mph.

In all honesty I'm with Edough13. You don't need much to turn what you have into a Limitless. Make sure the front and rear diffs have the same gearing . Put a spool in the center. Pick up a MMX8S and the motor of your choosing and you're there. The only diffence between what you have and my Limitless is the body and the body mounts of coarse your motor and ESC also. I have a C8 body and a Mclaren body for my Limitless.

In all honesty I'm with Edough13. You don't need much to turn what you have into a Limitless. Make sure the front and rear diffs have the same gearing . Put a spool in the center. Pick up a MMX8S and the motor of your choosing and you're there. The only diffence between what you have and my Limitless is the body and the body mounts of coarse your motor and ESC also. I have a C8 body and a Mclaren body for my Limitless.
It is not the point of having a Limitless. It's about going fast. When I was referring to a Limitless, I was talking about someone on Facebook the is going out of the hobby and wants cash fast (like a xlx2 1717 + other goody's $800).
MMX8S 1717 or 1520?
So, i am having a camera Err so my update is going to be delayed.
And my body was cracked at the wheel wells so and added the fishing line and melted howls in the body cos when I would get over 70mph the body would get pushed down by the wind and it would catch air and make the car start sliding sideways.
This is the photo that goes with the PS:

Attachments

• IMG_5191.JPG
    IMG_5191.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
How fast with the 1520? isn't the castle verson of the 6s spectrum motor (2050kv) but it can take 8s?
Honestly don't know yet . It's been a shelf queen so far. I'm still in the search faze of finding some place kind of safe to run it . And no the 1520 is an 8s motor. The 1717 has a bit more torque from what I understand. Both are the same1650 KV.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back