8s I just got new lipos xt90 connectors…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PshmokN’EM887

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
I just got 4 4s lipos with xt90 connectors I’m running 8s can I keep them in really dreading changing them to qs8’s can I run this xt90 ? Or will I get too much resistance?help!

I just got 4 4s lipos with xt90 connectors I’m running 8s can I keep them in really dreading changing them to qs8’s can I run this xt90 ? Or will I get too much resistance?help!
What rig? What ESC? What type of driving?

Infraction v2
Monster Mamba x
1260kv castle motor
Spool
Speed/bashing I want the power on demand or bash on old tires.
I would go at least XT150 tbh. QS8 are clearly the best option. Not required tho. You can run the XT90s, but you’re risking burning out the ESC if amp draw gets high enough. Best way to know is check them for getting hot. If they get hot, swap them out.

I would go at least XT150 tbh. QS8 are clearly the best option. Not required tho. You can run the XT90s, but you’re risking burning out the ESC if amp draw gets high enough. Best way to know is check them for getting hot. If they get hot, swap them out.
I have the qs8’s in hand I was trying to be lazy plus I never swapped battery connectors so hesitant there any tips for when I change the lipo connectors?

I have the qs8’s in hand I was trying to be lazy plus I never swapped battery connectors so hesitant there any tips for when I change the lipo connectors?
Best advice I can give is take your time and make sure the packs are 3.6v per cell. They have very little power at that level and won’t cause a fire if shorted.

Also, make sure to have the opposite gender plugged in the connector to keep the pins held in place while they are hot. Otherwise they will move around.

Best advice I can give is take your time and make sure the packs are 3.6v per cell. They have very little power at that level and won’t cause a fire if shorted.

Also, make sure to have the opposite gender plugged in the connector to keep the pins held in place while they are hot. Otherwise they will move around.
Thanks for the help. I did not know that ,I appreciate will do ,thanks again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back