Typhon 8s in a Max 6 4985 1650kv combo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
I’ve heard of several people running 8s with this combo and I’d love to hear some feedback. Such as what kind of rig (Typhon, Mojave, etc.) and your experiences with it. I’m intrigued and would like to perhaps give it a go, but I’m also pretty apprehensive and don’t want to fry any electronics. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Please don't do it

ESC Handles 8s easy. Not the motor.
This motor is rated max 6s

My rotor melt 8 and half packs in.
Destroyed motor

Friends rotor melt after 9packs

We both have new Motors and have run them 50+ packs with 6s

If you want go 8s , go with 4985 Spektrum 1250kv 8s motor, the one that is in stock Kraton 8s
Cheap from Jennys

This is a dream combo. Spektrum 1250kv 8s motor with Max6 esc
alot power, alot speed, you can have massive pinions. This motor runs cool, because it is made to big scale normally

Sub'd. I was more considering running 8s (occasionally, mostly 6s) on a max6 with a 1430kv rocket 4092. I think the answer to that will be similar to what you're after here.

Sub'd. I was more considering running 8s (occasionally, mostly 6s) on a max6 with a 1430kv rocket 4092. I think the answer to that will be similar to what you're after here.
I too have pondered this combo.. I'll be watching from the sidelines since I haven't tried it😁

I have a mojave exb with the max 6 1650kv combo and am running it on 8s no problems.
16/50 gearing and 2 reedy high speed fans. Motor gets warm but nothing to be concerned with. Keep in mind size of wheels and tires come into play as well.

I've have been running a Hobbywing 4985 motor, on 8S in my Infraction for 6 months now, and i haven't had any issues. I'm running a 44T spool with a 17T pinion.

Ran it on 8s geared 29/40 in a limitless, zero problems. I did use boca bearings after a few packs though, Just for insurance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back