Mojave 8s in Mojave: what gearing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenwm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Vorteks
Hey guys
Going to put the K8 system in my Mojave

I kind of want this thing uncontrollably fast... if that makes sense! šŸ˜

Hoping the 8s system will get it faster without causing any overheating or other issues

What gearing would you guys recommend to accomplish this!

IMO she donā€™t need 8s. I was able to achieve 80mph w Max6 1650kv running 24/40

Thatā€™s Awesome!!

I believe 80 would be almost uncontrollably fast!!!šŸ˜

Should have mentioned I will be running on 6s

Still learning but thought with the 8s system will keep temperatures down and just give me more to work with

What gearing would you recommend to achieve similar speed with the 1250kv motor

I have a 50t and 46t on hand

MMX 8S 1717 combo with 25t pinion. It's ridiculous, can't keep it on the ground. It'll fly away on "speed" runs.

I have 2 40mm Power Hobby fan. Hardly ever gets even a little warm.

Thinking about bumping it up to a 30t just to see what happens.

I'm not the most experienced person on here by any means but I am the mo power mo better kind of guy. I would go 8s. This guy has vids on youtube of this truck and OMG!!! https://www.arrmaforum.com/media/lake-kawaguchi-japan.9647/full
Thank you sir !

Great video!! Thing looked powerful ..and my guess is throttle iwas only on 50-75!

Nice thing about putting the 8s system in ... thereā€™s options to run 6 or 8s

Iā€™m trying to get as fast as possible without causing ā€œexcessive damageā€ šŸ˜‚ to drive train, motor and esc!
MMX 8S 1717 combo with 25t pinion. It's ridiculous, can't keep it on the ground. It'll fly away on "speed" runs.

Nice!!
Fly away!!! I believe you !! another issue LOL

What size spur?

Last edited:
Thank you sir !

Great video!! Thing looked powerful ..and my guess is throttle iwas only on 50-75!

Nice thing about putting the 8s system in ... thereā€™s options to run 6 or 8s

Iā€™m trying to get as fast as possible without causing ā€œexcessive damageā€ šŸ˜‚ to drive train, motor and esc!

Nice!!
Fly away!!! I believe you !! another issue LOL

What size spur?

I totally agree. The 1717 combo is a beast on 6s and pure evil on 8s!!! (Kraton 1/8 EXB)

If you add extra fans you can away with "crazy over-gearing". I expect to reach 100mph on my 34/40, Max6, HW1650kv drawing 8s on the Senton 6s platform that has so many upgrades I doubled my weight to 16.2 pounds. I have enough runs in to know I won't burn out motor or esc(thus far). I have 2 mounted to motor and another two attached to the body creating a circulation by drawing in air at front and exhausting the air right over the motor at the rear window vents.
Max speed from gnss:87mph, and I had to abort my run due to lack of room. But it was still climbing steady when I aborted.
Post in thread 'Senton Identity Crisis Build aka "TNDKWHD"' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/senton-identity-crisis-build-aka-tndkwhd.40146/post-594946

That's my thread with all videos/pics/upgrades

Last edited:
Thanks guys!!

87mph on the Senton is pretty insane IMO
Would like to see that!!

And Great idea with the fans!!
Will definitely be add some!

Thanks guys!!

87mph on the Senton is pretty insane IMO
Would like to see that!!

And Great idea with the fans!!
Will definitely be add some!
I'm going for 100mph. Notorious J just gave me a great location he uses sometimes. I need distance because with my gearing, I accelerate slower but gain higher speed down the stretch. Which was done intentionally to keep front end down.
The fans were necessary because I use Scorched fenders to eliminate parachuting at high speeds. But that also blocks alot of airflow that could cool motor. So I had to ensure it was getting in and going out.
Please note this if you copy some aspects of my build. Run fans on a separate smaller battery. Do not run them all via receiver or you risk a "brownout". The potential damage from that is also shown in that thread.
My bad.. here's my brownout thread and consequences
Thread 'WTF HAPPENED' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/wtf-happened.43414/

Last edited:
I'm going for 100mph. Notorious J just gave me a great location he uses sometimes. I need distance because with my gearing, I accelerate slower but gain higher speed down the stretch. Which was done intentionally to keep front end down.
The fans were necessary because I use Scorched fenders to eliminate parachuting at high speeds. But that also blocks alot of airflow that could cool motor. So I had to ensure it was getting in and going out.
Please note this if you copy some aspects of my build. Run fans on a separate smaller battery. Do not run them all via receiver or you risk a "brownout". The potential damage from that is also shown in that thread.
My bad.. here's my brownout thread and consequences
Thread 'WTF HAPPENED' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/wtf-happened.43414/
Ok Thank you!

Good luck on 100!!

Lots of distance and NO Curbs!!

Still not sure what size pinion I should run on the 1250kv

I have a 50t available or could pull a 46t if needed

Would 50 25 on 6s have it pretty fast?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back