Mojave 8s Mojave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabe8501

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Watched a video this morning where a guy put in a Krayton 8s mother and ESC into an otherwise stock Mojave. My question to y'all is with moderate bashing do you think that Mojave drivetrain is up to that 8a power?
Thank you.

The real question is are you willing to do more maintenance on your 3 diffs running 8S with a 6S drivetrain. Many guy run 8S on their 6S rigs. The Mojave is pretty large a chassis and would probably drive well with 8S IMO. You will want to change out your pinion if you do.

The real question is are you willing to do more maintenance on your 3 diffs running 8S with a 6S drivetrain. Many guy run 8S on their 6S rigs. The Mojave is pretty large a chassis and would probably drive well with 8S IMO. You will want to change out your pinion if you do.
Well depends on the maintenance. I'm down for regular changing of diff oil and cleaning. But not sure there would be a laundry list of upgrades that would have to come along.
Thanks for your input?

8s produces gobs of torque. The diff gears will probably need to be replaced more often.
There aren't any real upgrades for the Satellite and sun gears. GPM makes a 6S diff gear set I think, but they are not the best quality. $Mugens$ will work as some stated. I replace with stock. They are cheap enough. Shimmed properly they will last longer than average.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back