8s rigs 10mm shock alternative?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone have battery strap issues found some forms about it for kraton but not outcast I killed a lipo with a good jump when it ejected
anyone have battery strap issues found some forms about it for kraton but not outcast I killed a lipo with a good jump when it ejected
not the first time too

have any of you guys bent or broken the shaft or other parts of the 10 mm shocks
Three of my Rovan shocks are leaking 🙄.

not the first time too
I put a 6s Arrma big strap across the battery trays for that reason. Yup. I killed a lipo like that too on my EXB K8S

do you have a link
For the strap? It's just the 6s Arrma strap. Let me get it for you. I also use the small 6s strap across the battery when the stock 8s one breaks. It's out of stock everywhere, but it doesn't have to be that one exactly. Something similar would work too :
https://nitrohobbies.com/ar390231/

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-27-17-10-21.png
    Screenshot_2021-12-27-17-10-21.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_2021-12-27-17-10-33.png
    Screenshot_2021-12-27-17-10-33.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
I guess I was gushing over the shocks so much I forgot to upload the pics :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 128477
I'm using the GPM silver springs with 5000cst.

View attachment 128478
Seriously, these things make the stock shocks look like a joke :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 128479
The GPM shocks in the middle has 6mm shafts & come with silver & gold springs. the silver springs are a little stiffer than stock while the gold are much stiffer. These shocks even make those look pitiful.

View attachment 128484View attachment 128486View attachment 128487
What springs did you use exactly ?
all the GPM ones ive seen are for the Kraton only and are different lengths for the front and rear
thanks

What springs did you use exactly ?
all the GPM ones ive seen are for the Kraton only and are different lengths for the front and rear
thanks
I'm using the stock Kraton springs. They work best for the truck. Plus the 5000wt for the shocks feels closest to the resistance of the stock shocks. I haven't tried drilling larger holes in the pistons or anything since that worked great so far.

Yeah with upgrade shocks, it is trial and error with what oil works for you and your rig. Trying to duplicate the stock setup is not an easy one. Spring rates, Piston sizes, Shaft diameter variables all play into this.
Takes much patience to dial them in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back