Kraton 8s V2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does a guy on YouTube with like 14 subscribers get an official Arrma V2 Kraton 8S? Idk... Do I believe that it's truly a V2? I mean the additional chassis bracing certainly looks authentic but what's up? Some guy in Afghanistan got his hands on an early leaked unit... Not sure what to think of that proposal.

I don’t think he’s trying to deceive anyone. It is a .1, second edition or whatever, it’s not the same as the very first one. Pretty good driver and a nice spot...

Some guy in Afghanistan got his hands on an early leaked unit... Not sure what to think of that proposal.
Just watched this video and what do you know, It's not Afghanistan, it's in Israel 10 minutes from where I live. Went there 3 weeks ago and broke a Talion brace and bent my Tyhpon shock shaft.

Why isn’t the updated version worthy of being called V2? It literally is the second model? Does it offend the ones who bought the V1? ? BTW, Arrma doesn’t call then Vxx that is something we do. They use part numbers.

Don't think it's worthy upgrade to be called a V2, a version usually takes a year to make and also have much more changes. also as I understand Horizon sends the parts necessary to convert your v1 to the upgraded model for free.

Don't think it's worthy upgrade to be called a V2, a version usually takes a year to make and also have much more changes. also as I understand Horizon sends the parts necessary to convert your v1 to the upgraded model for free.
Well $25 isn’t a lot but it’s not free.

Well $25 isn’t a lot but it’s not free.
Also, that offer only stands in the US. I made an inquiry to HH Europe, they said all parts needed were online and I could order them, which totals up to a "little" more than 25$ :p I only got the brace, have yet to install it and fiddle with the tower to make it fit...

Last edited:
Also, that offer only stands in the US. I made an inquiry to HH Europe, they said all parts needed were online and I could order them, which totals up to a "little" more than 25$ :p I only got the brace, have yet to install it and fiddle with the tower to make it fit...

I thought it was a direct fit, how much plastic do you need to remove from the tower? The plan was just to get the rear low brace, since i think the t2t in the middle is strong enough with cf tubing, probably stronger then the stock v1.5 :)

I thought it was a direct fit, how much plastic do you need to remove from the tower? The plan was just to get the rear low brace, since i think the t2t in the middle is strong enough with cf tubing, probably stronger then the stock v1.5 :)
I think just a little there (marked spot in image).
20200328_155606.jpg

The brace sits higher than the v1 tower, I ordered longer screws to insert from the bottom and will somehow shim it to get to the height of the brace (shims or nuts) and then fixate the brace with another nut from above.

I ordered and received all of the parts for the upgrade. The attached file gives the part numbers and pricing. In addition to the parts listed on the invoice you will need one ARA320477 brace rod ends. The price is $10.99. This brings the total cost of the upgrade to $68.06. It is worth every penny. Some may feel they are "owed" this upgrade because they "should have" done it this way on the first version. They didn't and unless you want to spend well over $250 for a different chassis this is the way to go. Most people will probably get by with the version 1 but I have teenage grandsons. So I did the upgrade and it looks well designed and works well.

Attachments

• Horizon Hobby K8 receipt.pdf
    193.6 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
I only changed the lower support and the middle tower. I milled out the top of the tower a little and then the upper strut has enough space, even with carbon reinforcement.

I ordered and received all of the parts for the upgrade. The attached file gives the part numbers and pricing. In addition to the parts listed on the invoice you will need one ARA320477 brace rod ends. The price is $10.99. This brings the total cost of the upgrade to $68.06. It is worth every penny. Some may feel they are "owed" this upgrade because they "should have" done it this way on the first version. They didn't and unless you want to spend well over $250 for a different chassis this is the way to go. Most people will probably get by with the version 1 but I have teenage grandsons. So I did the upgrade and it looks well designed and works well.

I thought the extreme basher kit was $25.00 USD \ free shipping for the complete parts for previous K8 v1 owners?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back