8s Wheels and Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PWorcester

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Wondering what combinations people have found that work for the Kraton 8s for wheels and tires. Im debating on buyjng the proline beadlock wheels and boring out the diameter so they will fit. Rather then waste 200 bucks for something that might not work i figured i would start here. Have an M2C chasis coming so the modifications have started thats why i ask!!!!! Thank you everyone.

Wondering what combinations people have found that work for the Kraton 8s for wheels and tires. Im debating on buyjng the proline beadlock wheels and boring out the diameter so they will fit. Rather then waste 200 bucks for something that might not work i figured i would start here. Have an M2C chasis coming so the modifications have started thats why i ask!!!!! Thank you everyone.
Those are getting mixed reviews. A few guys have said they are just too heavy. They still prefer the stock tires.

I have the trenchers from Pro-line on the same wheel most run badlands on. The trenchers get most of the bad rap. They look nice and super aggressive, but they are heavier and they balloon like crazy. The badlands are not as heavy, and they don't balloon.

If you are wanting a wide wheel like what comes on the K8S, the Pro-line wheels and madmax come to mind. The mad max wheels are glued on. I'm personally not a fan of glued tires at this scale.

If you don't mind about an inch narrower and about 1/4 inch shorter, pretty much any 1/5 scale wheel combo made for Losi, HPI, etc will work without any mods. Be sure to get the rear wheel version as they are wider than the front wheel version.

Got me some badlands today.

Attachments

• 20200125_221820.jpg
    20200125_221820.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 91
I run Louise X Pioneer belted. Same as Duratrax, just marketed as/by LouiseRC in Asia, Europe ans Australia. They don't balloon and each wheel weighs 200g heavier than stock, with the same tread pattern as Trenchers. Still lighter than the Prolines and other 1/5 beadlock wheels though

The Duratrax are hard to find as they're sold out. So if you're after Durtrax you'll probably have more luck finding Louise X instead

@Mrhockey37 Looks very nice! Can you post pics when you getting them on?

Seems like this is ment for the x maxx, so it’s just to drill the center hole bigger and then they fit with no other modifications?

I have the trenchers from Pro-line on the same wheel most run badlands on. The trenchers get most of the bad rap. They look nice and super aggressive, but they are heavier and they balloon like crazy. The badlands are not as heavy, and they don't balloon.

If you are wanting a wide wheel like what comes on the K8S, the Pro-line wheels and madmax come to mind. The mad max wheels are glued on. I'm personally not a fan of glued tires at this scale.

If you don't mind about an inch narrower and about 1/4 inch shorter, pretty much any 1/5 scale wheel combo made for Losi, HPI, etc will work without any mods. Be sure to get the rear wheel version as they are wider than the front wheel version.
Appreciate the info jbhawx. I'm looking to find a lighter and more narrow wheel/tire combo. Wanting to reduce the rotational mass and take my Kraton in more of a Truggy direction. I would also like to find some super light street wheel/tire combo for parking lot racing.

How are the MT lock ups working out for people?
I’m still trying to decide if I like them or not. They don’t balloon, but they add almost 1.5 lbs of additional rotating weight to an already heavy RC. I need more run time in order to give you a fair assessment.

I’m still trying to decide if I like them or not. They don’t balloon, but they add almost 1.5 lbs of additional rotating weight to an already heavy RC. I need more run time in order to give you a fair assessment.
Weight isn’t really an issue as my son doesn’t bash per se. it’s just the ballooning I find annoying.

I run Louise X Pioneer belted. Same as Duratrax, just marketed as/by LouiseRC in Asia, Europe ans Australia. They don't balloon and each wheel weighs 200g heavier than stock, with the same tread pattern as Trenchers. Still lighter than the Prolines and other 1/5 beadlock wheels though

The Duratrax are hard to find as they're sold out. So if you're after Durtrax you'll probably have more luck finding Louise X instead
Yeah probably depends where you live. In the States, Duratrax is the alternative here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back