Granite 9 turn to replace 12 turn in Granite Mega...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lardog13

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I'm throwing around the idea of putting a nine turn in place of my 12 turn in my granite. Does anybody out there have any experience with this? What would I be getting into? Can I even do it?

You can but, you won't like the results. My son tried it. Even if you change gears, it runs hot. The 9 turn was meant for the smaller wheeled vehicles.

Save the money and time. Pick up a 3 or 4S system from Jenny’s or the classifieds here.

You can but, you won't like the results. My son tried it. Even if you change gears, it runs hot. The 9 turn was meant for the smaller wheeled vehicles.

Save the money and time. Pick up a 3 or 4S system from Jenny’s or the classifieds here.
Hey bro your cramping my style.. haa jk, I have a setup listed in the classifieds and it even says hot motor!! 😁

Screenshot_20230409-162340.png

You could most deff get a better brushed motor going though... I am old school and still love a brushed setup.
Reedy has nice brushed options dirt cheap if you know what your looking for.

Same here. Still have an ECX Circuit 2WD stadium truck. Has a 10 turn "Monster" motor, running 7 cell NiMH batteries. Absolute hoot! But, the batteries don't last long. It's been awesome to have around for those that haven't driven an RC. Fast enough to be fun but, not dangerous. Lol.

Now that I have gotten into Lipos and have several chargers...picked up an ESC from another member. Pair it with a motor I have. Got a number of 2S batteries that will fit. See what happens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back