90 mph with Nero?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spn133

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Is it possible to reach 90 to 100 mph with simple gear change?
The guy at hobby town told me this but I need the truth.

Probably with the right gearing, the truck has the power. the trick is you're going to put a lot of stress on the motor/esc and they will heat up quick. plus you're going to have a fun time keeping the tires on the ground and in one piece.

You'd need belted tires, rig slammed, and body may still cause blow over back flip/tumble if it doesn't push enough wind over it. I'd say use a Typhon if you want to hit those numbers without stressing the rig too much.

So what type of lipos and gear settings will I need and if u can tell me the best tires and shock set up. I have a bet on a drag race and I want to pull out somthing different besides erevos

So what type of lipos and gear settings will I need and if u can tell me the best tires and shock set up. I have a bet on a drag race and I want to pull out somthing different besides erevos

sooo...are you still trying to or intent on using the nero?..cause guys are already getting the typhon up to those speeds....and working beyond 100...check out the typhon forum...

but just trying to see if you are dead set on using a nero...as rich said...typhon would be better...and easier to get there...fewer parts to replace if things go wrong...

U must admit a 90mph Nero will be cool af

can be done...easily enough...

so...tires...belted tires...this may be a place to start...

http://www.sweepracingusa.com/

then...stick a longer...larger motor in nero if possible...custom parts nay be needed

if not...figure out how to cool the motor with add on fans...like those used on 5th scale conv kits...there are even some water cooled versions...you will be gearing it tall so motors gonna draw some serious amps to push that 13 lbs up...thus heat...

high quality lipos....

and as stated...slam it as low as possible...gentle on the throttle...hope for the best...

bring a broom and trash bin with you on your first run ...cause if it goes sideways on you ...cleanup will be much faster...

one more thing...a fire extinguisher. ..or bucket of sand. ...

be sure to check out one member here that did an 8s conversion...he should have helpful information for you...search 8s nero...

The weight of the Nero would be the limiting factor in my opinion. You can do anything if you throw enough money and time at it but some things just aren't designed to be fast. A Nero weighs over 13 pounds. You're gonna need a lot more than gears and street tires to get it up near 100mph. Another concern I have is the inherent instability of the platform. It's almost a square when you look at it from above. Speed pass cars are long and lean.

I always seem to play the Devil's advocate around here but I hate to see people waste money and time and then be angry with the results. Especially when the idea came from a guy that worked at Hobby Town.

Keep the Nero for what it's intended to be used for and buy another ARRMA rig that is better suited to hit 100mph with a small investment in tires and gears. I bet, in the end, you would still be spending less money and you would have 2 cars.

lathe->
440px-HwacheonCentreLathe_460x1000.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back