Infraction 92MPH Run with Stock ESC and Motor!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankcfalco

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
92 MPH

The Day we VERY windy, and I should be able to get a few more Miles Per Hour out of it next week when I try it again. Setup:

* 35T Pinion Gear
* Stock 46T Spur Gear
* Stock ESC - Punch Level 4
* Stock Motor
* 6s
* Modified the motor mount. Milled out the end of the motor mount so that the motor can swing out farther to accommodate the larger gear

Need to lower the punch Level a bit and try it again. You have to Eaaaassssseeeeeee into the throttle. And at full throttle the ESC was cutting power

Attachments

• IMG_9014.JPG
    IMG_9014.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_9025.JPG
    IMG_9025.JPG
    263.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_9027.JPG
    IMG_9027.JPG
    243.9 KB · Views: 53
Nice Job!! Were you able to use both screws or just one? I picked up a limitless spool and going to run it with the Spektrum Firm 1250kv, might drop it down to 29 tooth but if I go 34/34 Hopefully I can get 90 MPH out of it.

Nice Job!! Were you able to use both screws or just one? I picked up a limitless spool and going to run it with the Spektrum Firm 1250kv, might drop it down to 29 tooth but if I go 34/34 Hopefully I can get 90 MPH out of it.

Yes I was able to use both screws and really secure the motor just like stock. I just milled out the end of the slot

Attachments

• IMG_9015.JPG
    IMG_9015.JPG
    252.9 KB · Views: 60
92 MPH

The Day we VERY windy, and I should be able to get a few more Miles Per Hour out of it next week when I try it again. Setup:

* 35T Pinion Gear
* Stock 46T Spur Gear
* Stock ESC - Punch Level 4
* Stock Motor
* 6s
* Modified the motor mount. Milled out the end of the motor mount so that the motor can swing out farther to accommodate the larger gear

Need to lower the punch Level a bit and try it again. You have to Eaaaassssseeeeeee into the throttle. And at full throttle the ESC was cutting power
Nice run. Many have tried to get 100mph out of the stock electronics but ran into the amp limit just as you have. I hope you can become the first. Next step is to upgrade your ESC to get above 100 and beyond. The MM2 Retro or XLX are the popular options. The XLX has plenty of 150+mph runners. The MM2 Retro should get you to 120+mph. There is also the new MMX 8S which is being released soon and should be good for 150+.

Nice run. Many have tried to get 100mph out of the stock electronics but ran into the amp limit just as you have. I hope you can become the first. Next step is to upgrade your ESC to get above 100 and beyond. The MM2 Retro or XLX are the popular options. The XLX has plenty of 150+mph runners. The MM2 Retro should get you to 120+mph. There is also the new MMX 8S which is being released soon and should be good for 150+.

THANK YOU for the info! I hope with a little less wind and bringing the Punch level to 1, I can hit 95 maybe 98. Thank you for the ESC info!

THANK YOU for the info! I hope with a little less wind and bringing the Punch level to 1, I can hit 95 maybe 98. Thank you for the ESC info!
I think some here have hit 96 with a Kraton. Not sure the exact with the Infraction but I don’t remember anyone hitting 100 yet with stock ESC. Rolling into top speed is an art. I’m not there yet either. I’ve hit 93 with my Typhon 3S using the BLX185 and the 2400kv motor out of the 4S rigs on 6S lipo with a 37T spool and 29T pinion. I know this thing has 100 in it, but winter set in before I could get it there. My problem is getting above 90 is super hard as it wants to pop a wheelie or slide out. I have a new GT body for spring that should help. Let us know how things go for you. We have a great group of speed guys here that are super helpful. ??

Is this the ESC?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/castle...th-scale-brushless-esc-cse010-0108-00/p248584
I think some here have hit 96 with a Kraton. Not sure the exact with the Infraction but I don’t remember anyone hitting 100 yet with stock ESC. Rolling into top speed is an art. I’m not there yet either. I’ve hit 93 with my Typhon 3S using the BLX185 and the 2400kv motor out of the 4S rigs on 6S lipo with a 37T spool and 29T pinion. I know this thing has 100 in it, but winter set in before I could get it there. My problem is getting above 90 is super hard as it wants to pop a wheelie or slide out. I have a new GT body for spring that should help. Let us know how things go for you. We have a great group of speed guys here that are super helpful. ??

Thank you! It is going to be fun tweaking that last bit of speed out of it. I will trim the rear wing a bit more too

That’s close but you want the Retro version if you can find one. I got mine from Castle direct. They don’t have them all the time. I would call them and ask when or if they will have more. The Retro version doesn’t have an amp limit, which is the issue you are having with the BLX185. The standard MM2 has amp limiting.

The XLX is the other option, or the new MMX 8S. Both of those are pretty much top of the line.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back