SOLD / FOUND 9t 570 brushed motors (Infraction Mega)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grihn

It's small, but it's fierce!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Infraction
  4. Outcast 4s
  5. Senton 6s
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Vendetta
  8. Vorteks
  9. Voltage
Looking to buy a few 9t 570 brushed motors from the Infraction Mega to have as spares in my Voltage. We just started a new racing class with the Voltage and I'd like to have a few spares on hand. Might also buy an extra ESC as well. I'm only interested in the 9t motor, not the 12t that comes in other Mega models. I will pay $25 for each motor.

20211216_141631.jpg

Looking to buy a few 9t 570 brushed motors from the Infraction Mega to have as spares in my Voltage. We just started a new racing class with the Voltage and I'd like to have a few spares on hand. Might also buy an extra ESC as well. I'm only interested in the 9t motor, not the 12t that comes in other Mega models. I will pay $25 for each motor.

View attachment 225708
That is exactly what I did with my mini infractions stock electronics and they work so well in the voltage. Man that sounds like fun! A voltage race class…how cool!

Last edited:
That is exactly what I did with my mini infractions stock electronics and they work so well in the voltage. Man that sounds like fun! A voltage race class…how cool!
They do pretty good. Good handling and they're just fun. We have a loose dirt/gravel track, a sand dune course, and a grass track. The grass and especially sand generate a lot of heat, but I we can usually get through a race without issue, but we have to rest them between. I'm working on a viable cooling solution. Everyone has to run the same electrics and pinion. Tires aren't restricted, and you can run any suspension or chassis mods that you wish. Contact is allowed and we race elimination heats, so the last place person is eminated each round until it's a head-to-head, and then it's best 2 out of 3. There are 12 of us, so a viable cooling solution would be nice, especially since these things are a blast in the sand. Another thing I thought of is just swapping motors between races (common in touring), so I always have a fresh, clean and cool motor, but I haven't brought that idea to the group yet. I'll bring up running nicer rebuildable motors again in the future. The idea got voted down because they want to try to keep it cheap, but I don't think they realize that how many of these sealed can motors we're gonna go through.

Contact is allowed
You had me after this 😂 I love the idea of full contact RC racing…
Maybe flush the can out with electrical contact spray cleaner between races and also shoot in some canned air. Both come out ice cold. Not sure if it’s a viable solution but I’d probably try it. The canned air though may shoot out condensed water on second thought. Anyway, I would try to figure out a way to quickly freeze the can between races or something like that.

View attachment 225708
I got one brand new , I took it out of my mega when I got it home . Let me know

You had me after this 😂 I love the idea of full contact RC racing…
Maybe flush the can out with electrical contact spray cleaner between races and also shoot in some canned air. Both come out ice cold. Not sure if it’s a viable solution but I’d probably try it. The canned air though may shoot out condensed water on second thought. Anyway, I would try to figure out a way to quickly freeze the can between races or something like that.

Yeah, I'll swap motors and throw the hot one in a ice bath (sealed in a bag) while we race and clean as needed. But the real problem is going to be brushes going out. In a 9t motor, the brushes will wear pretty quickly, especially with basically constant full throttle racing. In a rebuildable motor it's not a big deal, as you can swap a set of $4 brushes on in under a minute, but on a sealed can motor you can't service them, so you have to replace the whole motor. I don't really care either way, but I think we're going to go through a lot of these, especially on the sand dunes.

I got one brand new , I took it out of my mega when I got it home . Let me know

I'll take it. PM me payment details and I'll send payment when I get to a more reliable service location. It's really slow now and keeps cutting in and out.

I have one that has maybe 5 runs on it. About to drop a Spektrum Firma 150 and 2050 combo I am taking out of my Fireteam into my Infraction Mega. Let me know if you want the esc and motor.

I have one that has maybe 5 runs on it. About to drop a Spektrum Firma 150 and 2050 combo I am taking out of my Fireteam into my Infraction Mega. Let me know if you want the esc and motor.
Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm set for now. I just bought 3 motors and 2 ESCs, so I should have it covered for the time being. I'm still trying to convince the group to use rebuildable motors or low KV brushless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back