Kraton A-Arm/Hinge pin slop fix?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CptDestructo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue in their Kraton 8s? There is a lot of longitudinal movement in my front A-Arms where the hinge pin connects the arm to the front block. I don’t know if it came like this or it is due to wear and tear. It seems like the hinge pins almost need to be a larger diameter.
I tried putting washers on either side of the A-Arms where the hinge pin runs through and then reinstalling the hinge pin but that did little to fix the issue and then the arms were binding too much and the suspension wouldn’t work properly.
Any recommendations?

Yes this has bugged me for a while. It was a bit sloppy out of the box but it’s worse now. I thought about the shim method too but didn’t want any binding.
I recall Jason D. saying this play was necessary......I’ll see if I can find the quote....

Ok, found it.
He’s replying to Earl Moorehead regarding the Felony though. Maybe his philosophy carries across to the tolerances of other Arrmas. Some slop is a good thing?......who knows.
EA3F54CC-113A-44A8-928B-FA02FF4B2FD0.jpeg

Ok, found it.
He’s replying to Earl Moorehead regarding the Felony though. Maybe his philosophy carries across to the tolerances of other Arrmas. Some slop is a good thing?......who knows.
View attachment 102654

Thank you Kevin! Appreciate you looking into that. I’m with you though, I think there is too much slop. A little play between parts I can understand, but this seems a bit much. When I grab the steering knuckle I can move it an 1/8” to 1/4”.

Old thread but real useful, having this problem with the Felony - definitely needs some sort of tightening up, I just can see it being essential for tracking straight. Need remove a good chunk of that play me thinks. Does any body know what they're called - the washers for the hinge pin?

Old thread but real useful, having this problem with the Felony - definitely needs some sort of tightening up, I just can see it being essential for tracking straight. Need remove a good chunk of that play me thinks. Does any body know what they're called - the washers for the hinge pin?
If you want it to track straight, you need -.50 degrees of toe OUT on your front tires, (1/2 of 1 degree), possibly even more depending on what camber your running.

Reason being when you have a little bit of front tire scrub aka friction, it tightens up the front end enough to where you can get that perfect track.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back