Kraton A bit rough - AVC needs disabling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r4nd0m

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
As the name suggest had it out in the rough, bit of well soaked green, mud and puddles - I have to say I love this thing and so did my heli buddies - it went across our field like a breeze - had it recently transferred to the DX5Pro so got all the bells and whistles from the SMART tech as well but have to admit, AVC needs disabling.

While I didnt do a lot of tinkering with it I could immediately feel a drop of performance and aggressiveness I previously had when the DX4 didnt enable it right out during the bind process.
One thing that is a bit concerning is that if you bind it to the DX5Pro it takes an awful lot of time to I guess set all the options before actually switching into calibration mode which caused the truck to jump off my lap :ROFLMAO:but obviously didnt pay much attention to it this time ... letting it dry off now before I can remove all the field collectibles particularly on the rear axis :) before it gets a proper cleanup.

Kraton1.png
Kraton2.png

Every pic and video I have seen of the K8S after a bash in mud, snow, rocks all show that the guarding Arrma has designed into this is doing a really good job keeping the electronics and chassis in general really clean. Good job Arrma! Love it!

A) yes on the side guards. My Talion is THE WORST at staying clean. You tip toe that thing through one mud splosh and there goes the rest of your afternoon to cleaning.

B) 100% with you on the avc. It works really well for stability on the ground but it's power robbing a tad and in the air it will F up your jumps. I swapped my futaba receiver in after the first pack since I immediately could tell I was never going to use the avc.

At least now I can put the sr6100at in my wife's granite so she can ditch the stx2. I already put my stock Talion servo in her car so now with this dx2e it will actually have the handling she needs to learn more easily.

AVC can be disabled at the receiver, its in the manual somewhere.
Yeah you have two options really, just turn gain down to 0 which removes all electronic corrections, or disable it for real at the rx tx level permanently but that requires getting the rx exposed and doing a rebind.

Yeah you have two options really, just turn gain down to 0 which removes all electronic corrections, or disable it for real at the rx tx level permanently but that requires getting the rx exposed and doing a rebind.
Unless you have the Bluetooth app. Then it’s just a few buttons.

Unless you have the Bluetooth app. Then it’s just a few buttons.
I do have the app and the LHS gave me a free bt module but my app crashes anytime you try to enter any settings. Basically didn't work at all on my phone (pixel 3). Part of what made me not care at all to ditch the radio system and go back to my futaba. That said I put the dx2e and Rx in my wife's granite and holy S that completely evolved the granite into a completely new fantastic beast!

I do have the app and the LHS gave me a free bt module but my app crashes anytime you try to enter any settings. Basically didn't work at all on my phone (pixel 3). Part of what made me not care at all to ditch the radio system and go back to my futaba. That said I put the dx2e and Rx in my wife's granite and holy S that completely evolved the granite into a completely new fantastic beast!
Did you try an iOS device? Android sucks ??

I have the ability to adjust thottle and steering AVC. I turn the throttle portion off and dial the steering back to 40%. I'll screw with it more when the snow is gone. I felt it helped a lot running in the snow.

I have the ability to adjust thottle and steering AVC. I turn the throttle portion off and dial the steering back to 40%. I'll screw with it more when the snow is gone. I felt it helped a lot running in the snow.
Ah because you're running a dx5 right so more specific control of the avc? Felt fantastic today on the futaba so I'll stick with that. Never in snow here so I can't think of a reason to keep the avc. It definitely works really well though, and doesn't feel like it adds steering delay like the Traxxas tsm does.

I agree that TH, AVC should be disabled for this kind of rig and bashing. It does reduce punch when you don't want it to.
But ST AVC should be dialed in so that it cannot be detected or felt while driving. If it appears to bother you just turn it down until it is imperceivable. Keep it low, 30-40% like @bicketybam does. I do that on my Tekno MT using a DX5C/AVC rx.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back