Limitless A car from the past!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmkkings

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave
  5. Vendetta
So I have been reading about the new Limitless! I feel Arrma kinda of let us new guys to the hobbie down with the V2! I understand that the Limitless line is made to go MACH 3! 🤪 Just not ready to jump to them high speeds yet! Atleast with the old Limitless u could drop a 50th, or even a 46th diff, and bash with it! I love the Indy car replication of the Limitless! Now the V2 has smaller battery trays that won't even allow a 3s lipo to fit in them! Unless u shove it in the Battery tray! It's not like u can use the front and rear dogbones that use to fit in the V1. Probably because they moved the motor mount 3mm to allow for a bigger motor! So even if u wanted to run a 3 to 6s system in it u couldn't! Same system that is in the Felony! Yah, I could by a v1 off Ebay, but I only by my cars through Horizon, and Tower Hobbies! The hole Spool gear, and my rookie status don't mess! I caused my Esc to crap out on the V1! Never used a Spool set up before! What gear setup will allow a person to bash the V2 with the spool gear and not blow up! Only looking to go 60/70 mile range for now!

• You can buy like a 46T 8mm gear at saga, these will fit on the spool, allowing you to run low gearing
  • Depending on your voltage and kv you can run 20-30T pinion to get that 70 mph
  • In the v1 battery trays the batteries people wanna use didnt fit either
  • The rear dogbone was the weakest point of the car, moving the center to fit a bigger motor is a plus, but it's all about shortening the rear dogbone by increasing the spool lenght

After trying to fit v1 limitless dog bones today I'm starting to think the kraton or maybe mojave one will fit. I wish I had an extra one laying around to try.

I actually started building my limitless v2 yesterday and since I'm using a tp 5650 1720kv I couldn't get a gear mesh with a pinion low enough to not take me to mars and back. It was damn frustrating after thinking I would be driving it the same day :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, I say all that to say that I had to do what @rotauq suggested which is why I know sagacustoms is basically sold out on every 8mm pinion 42t and up. I ended up buying a 44/46/48t from https://surpasshobbyusa.net/mod-1-chromium-steel-8mm-bore/

Cheaper than sagacustoms too, not that it matters when saga has zero stock anyway.

After trying to fit v1 limitless dog bones today I'm starting to think the kraton or maybe mojave one will fit. I wish I had an extra one laying around to try.

I actually started building my limitless v2 yesterday and since I'm using a tp 5650 1720kv I couldn't get a gear mesh with a pinion low enough to not take me to mars and back. It was damn frustrating after thinking I would be driving it the same day :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, I say all that to say that I had to do what @rotauq suggested which is why I know sagacustoms is basically sold out on every 8mm pinion 42t and up. I ended up buying a 44/46/48t from https://surpasshobbyusa.net/mod-1-chromium-steel-8mm-bore/

Cheaper than sagacustoms too, not that it matters when saga has zero stock anyway.
Will that setup work with stock electronics out a Felony? All I am trying to do is bash not speed runs! I want be able to use a 3/6s Spectrum System! At the same time take advantage of the upgrades that the V2 offers! Somebody once told me that if I where to use stiffer shock Springs in the front. It would keep that front from digging so much! The front likes to gets scraped up pretty bad on these road cars! Any suggestions on if that would help! As far as stiffness of springs, which springs do U recommend and where can I get them!

Will that setup work with stock electronics out a Felony? All I am trying to do is bash not speed runs! I want be able to use a 3/6s Spectrum System! At the same time take advantage of the upgrades that the V2 offers! Somebody once told me that if I where to use stiffer shock Springs in the front. It would keep that front from digging so much! The front likes to gets scraped up pretty bad on these road cars! Any suggestions on if that would help! As far as stiffness of springs, which springs do U recommend and where can I get them!
~46T spur on the spool and ~22T should be good for 70mph on the 2050kv @ 6S
(A bigger spur makes it go slower)
On 3S you could run a bigger pinion, but better not use it on 6S

Front scraping only happens on high speeds on the v1. Speedrunners will 'basicly' lock the rear springs, which puts a lot more pressure on the front.
As the v2 already has stiffer springs out of the box, you should be fine for onroad bashing. If not you could always add preload or resort to limiting the shock travel with some tubes on the shockshafts. Drive first, than adjust accordingly...

PS. The stock motor mount will take a TTC between 61-75 Teeth (pinion + spur teeth)

Last edited:

Front scraping only happens on high speeds on the v1. Speedrunners will 'basicly' lock the rear springs, which puts a lot more pressure on the front.
As the v2 already has stiffer springs out of the box, you should be fine for onroad bashing. If not you could always add preload or resort to limiting the shock travel with some tubes on the shockshafts. Drive first, than adjust accordingly...

PS. The stock motor mount will take a TTC between 61-75 Teeth (pinion + spur teeth)
What about the scraping with the Felony and infraction? Seems all the road cars scrape! Where is a good place to get that 46th for the Spool? I was thinking about taking the rear/front diffs of the V2 and just putting them on a V1 Chassi! The V1 chassi and V2 are the same except for the movement of the motor mount correct?
What about the scraping with the Felony and infraction? Seems all the road cars scrape! Where is a good place to get that 46th for the Spool? I was thinking about taking the rear/front diffs of the V2 and just putting them on a V1 Chassi! The V1 chassi and V2 are the same except for the movement of the motor mount correct?
One more thing can even install the Electronics from a Felony into the V2! Can the Esc mount adapt to the Spectrum esc?

People like their road cars low to the ground. Scraping on a non-speedrun scenario is a choice, not a certainty. As mentioned above, you can always limit the shocktravel with tubes on the shaft...

8mm gears are sold at
https://www.sagacustomrc.com/store/p87/8mmboremod1pinion.html
https://surpasshobbyusa.net/mod-1-chromium-steel-8mm-bore/
AliExpress

Many people including me are running GP5 diffs in the V1, that's why they were put in the v2 (people like the gearratio and also reduces the shaft rotation speed/vibration in the drivetrain)
One more thing can even install the Electronics from a Felony into the V2! Can the Esc mount adapt to the Spectrum esc?
Yes

Any idea where I can get that 46 spur for the Spool on the Limitless V2
So I am assuming that running that 46 spur on the spool is basically the same thing as running a center diff that comes out of the Infractons/Felonies!

So I am assuming that running that 46 spur on the spool is basically the same thing as running a center diff that comes out of the Infractons/Felonies!
My man he linked it in the post above yours, 3 different locations to buy 8mm pinions. I'd suggest you go to surpass hobby.

You can take apart the spool and use the 46 pinion on the spool instead. And yes, for the purposes of speed a 46 spool and 46t center diff are the same thing. What changes is the characteristics of the handling.

My man he linked it in the post above yours, 3 different locations to buy 8mm pinions. I'd suggest you go to surpass hobby.

You can take apart the spool and use the 46 pinion on the spool instead. And yes, for the purposes of speed a 46 spool and 46t center diff are the same thing. What changes is the characteristics of the handling.
Will that gearing combos allow me to bash with the stock spool?

Will that gearing combos allow me to bash with the stock spool?
I think you got confused some where. The whole reason to buy the 46t 8mm pinion is so you can take the 39t pinion off the stock spool and swap it with the 46t that you buy from surpass hobby. 18t pinion on motor + 46t 8mm pinion as center spool = you can bash

I think you got confused some where. The whole reason to buy the 46t 8mm pinion is so you can take the 39t pinion off the stock spool and swap it with the 46t that you buy from surpass hobby. 18t pinion on motor + 46t 8mm pinion as center spool = you can bash
OK thank u

For Bashing you want Center Diff, Not Spool or Bigger Spool.

You want diff or the car will have bad handling.

Center spool is good when you want go fast straight only.

BUY V1 there is some left, and have infraction v1 center diff to it.
You don't need GP5 diffs if you go less than 110mph

The V1 is alot better for bashers, bigger batterytrays also, alot bigger actually

The front springs you can buy V2 and install dom on V1 dampers, dampers are same only springs is different.

The V1 had already options springs harder front and rear also long time ago

For Bashing you want Center Diff, Not Spool or Bigger Spool.

You want diff or the car will have bad handling.

Center spool is good when you want go fast straight only.

BUY V1 there is some left, and have infraction v1 center diff to it.
You don't need GP5 diffs if you go less than 110mph

The V1 is alot better for bashers

The front springs you can buy V2 and install dom on V1 dampers, dampers are same only springs is different.

The V1 had already options springs harder front and rear also long time ago
OK but with the new v2 u can't use the drive dog bones from the v1 because they moved motor mount 3mn for bigger motor so what do u use?

V1 you have stock if you drive less than 110mph
you change only to center diff if you want bash it. FROM INFRACTION V1 that centerdiff only
maybe stronger front springs

forgott the V2 , buy one V1 there is couple left in some stores, hurry

Unfour
V1 you have stock if you drive less than 110mph
you change only to center diff if you want bash it. FROM INFRACTION V1 that centerdiff only
maybe stronger front springs

forgott the V2 , buy one V1 there is couple left in some stores, hurry
Unfortunately by time I get the funds they will be gone knowing my luck!

I think I'm going to enjoy bashing with the spool.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back