A different kind of body mount, quick release.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

44Dan44

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 6s
Saw this on the bookface, credit to Bryant if you are on here, interesting idea. Quick release body mount.
I could see it working nicely on a street runner and I could see it as way to extend the life of a body shell that has cracked around the body mount holes. Bashing? who knows.

ref=sr_1_27
IMG_4039.PNG

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 2.59.37 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 2.59.55 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 3.00.04 AM.jpg

Love these. Are you going to try them out? Anyone know if the body flies off at 100kph?
That’s pretty cool…. I wouldn’t mind them for my rusty infraction. Give it a more realistic look after I rust then up some!
Yes!! painted to match or as-is on a black body.

@21STalion Unknown, first time I've seen them, I really like the potential here though.
Magnetic is all the rage in scale world and crawlers but a magnet strong enough to hold for speed runners or extreme bash would end up destroying your body just trying to take the body off. With these, the mechanical connection is there.
The brand that shall not be named clipless system is garbage in my experience, this could be the perfect in-between solution.
My gears are spinning on making this work at the rear of the Typhon, possibly a great battery clearance solution too with the adjustable height. A small L bracket off of the shock tower would do the job.

An interesting idea for sure. My primary concern on a basher I think would be dust making its way into the mechanism and making it hard to depress the button enough to release the clip, but I'm intrigued enough to order a set and give them a shot.

I ran across a post about those as well, also on facebook. People were using them on their x-maxx's because they were tired of the bodies popping off when crashing or landing a big jump. If they hold up to xmaxx bashing... they should hold up to most anything.

I thought about messing with them on my maxx, but after using a couple velcro straps to the nerf bars->roll bars, seems to be an effective fix for the issue.

Look great. I'm confused on how the mount/replace the body posts? Post more pics if you can. Looks really cool.

Interesting..
So, for retention is it magnetic or mechanical , or both?

Interesting..
So, for retention is it magnetic or mechanical , or both?
Mechanical. The "ball" end slips into a cup, and then is released by pushing the button.

Looks to be mechanical.
I've seen these before . Just that they look very heavy for RC use? :unsure: Seems it can be used for scale auto's.
But very neat and probably very strong and functional.(y)

Back