A different kind of body mount, quick release.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the feedback.

Good to know.

I may try some of these in the future with my on-road rigs.

When you look at them online, people use them for hood latches, mount quarter panels, wing mounts, etc… so guess they are pretty over engineered for our use… so that’s good, but not probably gonna works for ever one….
Looks to be mechanical.
I've seen these before . Just that they look very heavy for RC use? :unsure: Seems it can be used for scale auto's.
But very neat and probably very strong and functional.(y)

Saw this on the bookface, credit to Bryant if you are on here, interesting idea. Quick release body mount.
I could see it working nicely on a street runner and I could see it as way to extend the life of a body shell that has cracked around the body mount holes. Bashing? who knows.

ref=sr_1_27
View attachment 186470
View attachment 186471
View attachment 186472
View attachment 186473
I like the idea and the look, but once you commit, those are some pretty large holes that have been made, so you have to hope it works out. I might buy a set to try on an older body first and see how it goes. Nice find @44Dan44 👌

They look robust for sure. (y) And very neat and streamlined. Little protrution above the chassis. I bet they will work for sure. Over engineered for RC perhaps. A plus?
I just wonder if they make a smaller and lighter version of this? That's all.

Looks good! How tight does the threaded post fit into the body post hole? Does it fit pretty snugly, or does it rely on the bolts to sandwich it to eliminate side-to-side movement?
Unfortunately it has some slack. The threaded post is smaller then a body post. But it comes with 2 serrated locknuts that lock it pretty good.
I like the idea and the look, but once you commit, those are some pretty large holes that have been made, so you have to hope it works out. I might buy a set to try on an older body first and see how it goes. Nice find @44Dan44 👌
Yeah that’s the part I don’t like. Now if someone could come up with some smaller styles that would really be cool.

Unfortunately it has some slack. The threaded post is smaller then a body post. But it comes with 2 serrated locknuts that lock it pretty good.
Okay, good to know. I ordered some...I might wrap the part that goes through the mount in tape or strink wrap to tighten the fit.

Another example stolen from the bookface, credit to Beau if you are here. Love the outside the box thinking.
267735582_10221374557820792_5064126100845446457_n.jpg
269433307_10221374557940795_706835134619454360_n.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 11.28.17 PM 2.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 11.28.49 PM 2.jpg

Mine came in today and my jaw dropped at the size hole I would need…thanks but no thanks lol

Back