Kraton A few 2018 version questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy2envy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
This is my first surface truck I've had in awhile, last thing i had was a losi high roller lol. I've had no luck searching for my questions on here, maybe I'm not typing the right thing. So I made this thread specifically for the 2018 version and maybe it well help out someone with questions like me.

1. I've seen on here outs best to shim the diff. What's the part number for the right size shims? I've seen some for the other versions but didn't know if they would work.

2. I've noticed that when I punch it the front wheels spin faster than the rear. I've also seen on here that different diff oil helps. What would be the best for that?

3. I'm also looking for sealed bearings...

Thanks in advance for the help!

1. I ordered MUGE0206 Differential Washer Shim Set - not sure if anything else is needed.
2. I decided after reading through everyones posts last week on 60k/200k/30k (front/center/rear)
3. I got Fasteddy sealed bearings set on amazon

Justin

If I had the exact sizes it needs, I have a place by me called shamrock, they have just about everything regarding nuts/bolts and washers

If I had the exact sizes it needs, I have a place by me called shamrock, they have just about everything regarding nuts/bolts and washers

I have not shimmed my diffs on my 2018, but this is the contents of the Mugen kit if you've got a local shop that can source them.

Five 5x18mm diff washers (0.2mm thick)
Ten 3.5x12mm diff washers (.02mm thick)

What's your guys opinions on the backflip tires versus the duratra lockup?

The consensus is that they are great. Have not run them yet, but my daughters outcast has them and I bought an extra set.

I think once you start buying wheels/tires most of us become whores. I know I am right now - my basement is like an rc tire warehouse :D

Justin

Lol ok. Well other question now is, I changed diff oil to (30k,200k,60k) (back,center,front) and its making it do wider turns. Would the skinny tires be better now or does it matter? Or just save up for a better servo?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back