Kraton A few Kraton Upgrades I been working on...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, looks clean, could you try to take better pitures for us ?

body_zpsaluvaqqz.jpg

That looks realy good - thinking about my kraton right now...
Hey, you cut out the extinguishers from the side windows as well, how long did you work on this whole project ?
And how did you remove the rest glue from the stickes (decals ?) from the body ?
I realy like that look !

Thanks German....I may add a strip of black carbon fiber vinyl along the bottom edge of the body leading to the exhaust sticker. I did trim all the red off or I just removed the sticker. It took about 1/2 hour. I have to work fast before the wife starts to see I'm enjoying life. I use WD40 on a clean rag to remove the glue. Then clean with Simple Green.

I drilled out the grill with evenly spaced holes using a body reamer....this body blocks lots of air flow. There is another mod that can be done to the body... Look at it from the front, you can't see the rear inner section of the front wheel well from the front. If you take lexan scissors, you can trim the front edge of the front wheel well a little bit. Then when you look from the front...you will be able to see the inner rear section of the front wheel well. The face of the body is no longer blocking it. That's now acting like an air scoop and one side is dumping air right on to the esc.

Last edited:
I've used T-Bone racing products on several of my RC's and I agree with you @Julian, they do make awesome stuff.
That's after one day I wonder if I shred the bumper completely out if Tbone will honor it's lifetime warranty. One thing is breaking it and another is shredding it like cheese until it turns into nothing.

Attachments

• 20160929_165540.jpg
    20160929_165540.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 66
That's a consumable part...Skid plate/bumper. It's doing what it should. Mine got torn clean off on my first run. I blame my rc driving habits also so I can't blame T-Bone.
I've been purchasing Kydex and making my own skid plates and I just make a small bumper to protect the red aluminum plate and pins in the front. The Kydex is good for mud flaps on the front of the rear A-Arms also. You can heat it up and shape it also. I just made a nice set.

Last edited:
It's a brand name for a type of plastic. It's used to make stuff. You can get it with all sorts of pictures and patterns in it. It also comes in any color. It's mostly used to make holsters but I decided to try it on some basic RC parts. So far I like it.

Okay, just saw a few videos on youtube. Mostly used for holster for knifes and other weapons.
I got some ideas for my Kraton already. :)
Do you have some pix of the parts you did with it ?

Okay, just saw a few videos on youtube. Mostly used for holster for knifes and other weapons.
I got some ideas for my Kraton already. :)
Do you have some pix of the parts you did with it ?
mud_zpsetobrvxr.jpg

It's going to get sand blasted from the front tires as soon as I get a chance. I'll then see how it takes abuse.

Looks good. I bought them from eBay and they are already sand blasted.
But you build them on your own, great.

Sand blasted, dirty and shreddered on the edges.

Attachments

• IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 95
That's good stuff @The German. That's a great add on...it really stops that rear drive shaft from getting jammed up with sticks etc. And the edge of the A-Arm.

Thank you Vanning.
What kind of tires are you using ?

By the way, I like and understand what you wrote a few posts above "I have to work fast before the wife starts to see I'm enjoying life." lol.... :D

:D LOL.

Tires are Pro-Line Badlands on Desperado wheels. They are slightly smaller in diameter, they are offset wider. However....they are lighter than stock. I got less un sprung weight on the drive line. They look good with my Mugen body but not so much with the stock body. I seem to prefer the Badlands where I've been running off road. They just work well in this one particular spot. The handling seems a bit more precise. Mostly the smaller diameter and lighter weight is keeping my temps cooler. I have to tune the shocks more with the Badlands were a bigger rubber tire would soak up more. I like them but I also like big huge rubber tires at times. It's just fun to smash them around and the Pro-Lines are more for speed and natural jumps in big grass fields.

Recently got myself a Kraton , I am a sucker for hop-ups , so far i got a few things , Aluminum Front and Rear chassis braces , servo mount , chassis protector that did not fit so perfectly but will do , i also added some CF mud guards & i custom cut my wing mount to add a wheely bar from the Mt4.

2A744338-425D-4669-A81A-098A8479B79F_zps9ldantch.jpg

F6113231-63E6-48D6-BE4B-FC6323BAE93D_zpsyyg5ep7u.jpg

3975889D-2A3C-4F71-990B-84D08155269B_zpstj7w6jxz.jpg

FEEC8D45-F0E5-497B-806A-3DF385C35DF5_zpskgwfv04f.jpg

08736F08-4EEB-46BA-B417-11DCF1D502A5_zps5lkhetze.jpg

21CC0989-9156-4B66-BA78-9A89828EFE03_zpsaagfe35p.jpg

BE570D4D-DBA4-434D-B452-002A881EC361_zpsjrpsf7be.jpg

67B4FA46-FE0C-40EE-9DBE-F90036B889D4_zpsz5cyjikv.jpg

Now i am working on a way to fit a bigger receiver box so i can use my futaba radio. I have ordered two from traxxas as i want to stay waterproof. I think the 1 that is going to work best is from the slash 4x4 ultimate as it is the perfect square & not rectangle like there other version. Also gonna try the stock electronics 1st before i upgrade as i have heard they are pretty good. I do have a Hw Max8 Esc on standby just in case. I also got rubber sealed bearings but will wait until the stocker's blow out 1st as i already got done putting most of the truck back together and changing all the diff fluid. A brand new set of sweep belted MT tires will be going on also and i painted up a old school ford truck body for it. Once the stock body gets ruined that will replace it. I did not add cf towers pictured but did add the mud guards. Oh and i grabbed the proline secure lock kit to hold my body down , I'll have to get around to drilling out the stock body posts and making them fit. A T Bone front bumper made for the Talion is also on the way to be mounted.
Hey did them blue "sink washers" (not sure what to call them) tighten up the wobble on the servo saver shaft? If not you'll notice it becomes a problem and makes the servo even more tired and laggy.. You're truck looks great man, hell of a job! The only other thing that u need imo is a new servo (u can thank me later lol) i put a savox 1256tg in mine and it was the best upgrade ive done! Take care

Hey did them blue "sink washers" (not sure what to call them) tighten up the wobble on the servo saver shaft? If not you'll notice it becomes a problem and makes the servo even more tired and laggy.. You're truck looks great man, hell of a job! The only other thing that u need imo is a new servo (u can thank me later lol) i put a savox 1256tg in mine and it was the best upgrade ive done! Take care
And that servo is onky $60

Thanks Vanning , I have not run mine yet myself and got it over a month ago . I'm beefing it up also for the fall weather. I may even throw a max8 in if I can figure out what connectors it uses along with the stock motor. Thanks for the help & enjoy your vacation.
The team Durango dtx8 or d8 (the 8th scale truggy) springs work great, get all 4

The team Durango dtx8 or d8 (the 8th scale truggy) springs work great, get all 4
I already got Tekno Orange springs all around upon recommendation from a member

Thanks man appreciate it. They are called concave washers , I have acquired a ton of them through out the years so i thought they looked nice and put them on. They did not tighten up any wobble at all though unfortunately with the Servo saver but the gka aluminum mount def helped with the actual servo not flexing. I know the stock servo is not going to be the greatest , i figured i'd at least give it a shot and blow it up 1st lol , than upgrade. The specs don't seem to bad. I also want a different motor but i figured i'd give this 1 a shot also. Oh since this pic i have put the Tekno orange springs all around upon recommendation from a forum member , they seem like they should work nice and added the stiffness i may need. I'll be testing shortly , just have a few more homemade mods i'd like to do 1st and than i'll get it all back together.

Thanks man appreciate it. They are called concave washers , I have acquired a ton of them through out the years so i thought they looked nice and put them on. They did not tighten up any wobble at all though unfortunately with the Servo saver but the gka aluminum mount def helped with the actual servo not flexing. I know the stock servo is not going to be the greatest , i figured i'd at least give it a shot and blow it up 1st lol , than upgrade. The specs don't seem to bad. I also want a different motor but i figured i'd give this 1 a shot also. Oh since this pic i have put the Tekno orange springs all around upon recommendation from a forum member , they seem like they should work nice and added the stiffness i may need. I'll be testing shortly , just have a few more homemade mods i'd like to do 1st and than i'll get it all back together.

Are you using the same Springs front and rear?

Alright so I finally acquired a 1717 castle motor for the Kraton today. More weight added. It did not fit without some modification. I came up with a idea to install it and did so but I wanted to ask all you your opinion on if what I did is safe? It seems sturdy. I had some concave washers and installed one under each diff screw to raise the center. Now the motor clears the chassis. It was that or file the motor fins down. The front drive shaft rubs the servo mount a bit more now. I am wondering if the concave washers are ok to use ?

I would use regular steel flat washers...just so you have a flat surface. Lifting the center diff isn't a big deal...that has been done before.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back