Kraton A few Kraton Upgrades I been working on...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would use regular steel flat washers...just so you have a flat surface. Lifting the center diff isn't a big deal...that has been done before.
Ok cool I noticed the flat washers for some reason were not equal in size , I didn't want any problems so I used the concave under the diff bc they were all equal , flipped them over when installing them. They seem pretty sturdy after I bolted them in with some loctite, what a pain to get them individually under each diff mount . I really don't want to have to go through that again lol .

I would use steel washers of equal thickness.... I guess they are not precision cut or thick enough. Sounds like you will be fine with the ones you used....I can't wait to see it in action. The concaved washers are pretty strong and the way you positioned them sounds fine....... should be pretty awesome !!!!!!

I can't wait to see it so I can get the same motor in mine. :)

Last edited:
I would use steel washers of equal thickness.... I guess they are not precision cut or thick enough. Sounds like you will be fine with the ones you used....I can't wait to see it in action. The concaved washers are pretty strong and the way you positioned them sounds fine....... should be pretty awesome !!!!!!

I can't wait to see it so I can get the same motor in mine. :)
Awesome , it was a real pain installing the washers , I had to hold the truck in one hand very steady in the air and with the other screw the diff in so the washers did not move , than I removed the 3 that need loctite and put loctite on and tightened it back down. I'm still test fitting it , may need to shave down the front gka aluminum servo mount bc now that it is is raised it rubs the mount a bit more and binds up the front driveshaft hitting it. Shouldn't be a problem , I hope the esc can run this motor , I'm sure it will . I threw a max 8 in it . I'll prob go with a 19t pinion .
1D316360-987D-4489-870D-A9D8E790A246_zpsx6dwuzah.jpg

Big size difference with this motor , obviously. You can see the concave washers under the diff .
3B844A12-2C5B-45D3-B0B9-A467244B71F6_zpswooqariq.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good !!!!! Looks like they work well...now I know what you are talking about. They are the recessed washers that fit a slanted head screw into them. I was almost positive they are what you used.

The motor looks the best compared to everything else used.

Will you need to extend the motor wires ?

Does the motor clear the center diff out drive or will it need a large pinion to clear it. ?

Last edited:
Looks good !!!!! Looks like they work well...now I know what you are talking about. They are the recessed washers that fit a slanted head screw into them. I was almost positive they are what you used.

Will you need to extend the motor wires ?
Yes exactly that type of washer , I hope they hold up. The motor wires are just a bit short but if I move the esc Facing the motor wires it should fit , some of that little tab on the esc mount will need to be trimmed though. If it doesn't work out I'll just extend the motor wires.

@WoodiE ty , I purchased them off eBay , they were shipped from Germany to NY pretty quick. They seem pretty thin so not to sure how they will hold up , they do look cool though , 1 extra was included , I wish there were two bc I'd double them up on each side .

Is it a 5mm shaft still ? I was trying to say before....that motor looks good mounted in there. I like black with the bare fins. It looks way better than stock.

Is it a 5mm shaft still ? I was trying to say before....that motor looks good mounted in there. I like black with the bare fins. It looks way better than stock.
Thanks , yeah it's a 5mm shaft , I have a 19t pinion I will try . It does look good , I was going to add a fan setup but I don't think this motor will need it & I like the look of it without . Hopefully soon I'll get it all together and get some runs in .

Thanks German....I may add a strip of black carbon fiber vinyl along the bottom edge of the body leading to the exhaust sticker. I did trim all the red off or I just removed the sticker. It took about 1/2 hour. I have to work fast before the wife starts to see I'm enjoying life. I use WD40 on a clean rag to remove the glue. Then clean with Simple Green.

I drilled out the grill with evenly spaced holes using a body reamer....this body blocks lots of air flow. There is another mod that can be done to the body... Look at it from the front, you can't see the rear inner section of the front wheel well from the front. If you take lexan scissors, you can trim the front edge of the front wheel well a little bit. Then when you look from the front...you will be able to see the inner rear section of the front wheel well. The face of the body is no longer blocking it. That's now acting like an air scoop and one side is dumping air right on to the esc.
Before my wife sees I am enjoying life....... love it. I know the feeling. Lol. She doesn't understand RC so I shouldn't enjoy it either.

My new ones:
IMG_2383.JPG
IMG_2384.JPG
IMG_2385.JPG
IMG_2386.JPG
I need new screws now, they are totaly sand blasted and the hex is deformed.
Added red car foil, printed the logo and added stone protection foil.

Recently got myself a Kraton , I am a sucker for hop-ups , so far i got a few things , Aluminum Front and Rear chassis braces , servo mount , chassis protector that did not fit so perfectly but will do , i also added some CF mud guards & i custom cut my wing mount to add a wheely bar from the Mt4.

2A744338-425D-4669-A81A-098A8479B79F_zps9ldantch.jpg

F6113231-63E6-48D6-BE4B-FC6323BAE93D_zpsyyg5ep7u.jpg

3975889D-2A3C-4F71-990B-84D08155269B_zpstj7w6jxz.jpg

FEEC8D45-F0E5-497B-806A-3DF385C35DF5_zpskgwfv04f.jpg

08736F08-4EEB-46BA-B417-11DCF1D502A5_zps5lkhetze.jpg

21CC0989-9156-4B66-BA78-9A89828EFE03_zpsaagfe35p.jpg

BE570D4D-DBA4-434D-B452-002A881EC361_zpsjrpsf7be.jpg

67B4FA46-FE0C-40EE-9DBE-F90036B889D4_zpsz5cyjikv.jpg

Now i am working on a way to fit a bigger receiver box so i can use my futaba radio. I have ordered two from traxxas as i want to stay waterproof. I think the 1 that is going to work best is from the slash 4x4 ultimate as it is the perfect square & not rectangle like there other version. Also gonna try the stock electronics 1st before i upgrade as i have heard they are pretty good. I do have a Hw Max8 Esc on standby just in case. I also got rubber sealed bearings but will wait until the stocker's blow out 1st as i already got done putting most of the truck back together and changing all the diff fluid. A brand new set of sweep belted MT tires will be going on also and i painted up a old school ford truck body for it. Once the stock body gets ruined that will replace it. I did not add cf towers pictured but did add the mud guards. Oh and i grabbed the proline secure lock kit to hold my body down , I'll have to get around to drilling out the stock body posts and making them fit. A T Bone front bumper made for the Talion is also on the way to be mounted.
Hey. Where can I get the carbon fiber mud guards from?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back