Kraton A few Kraton Upgrades I been working on...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justpassedu

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Recently got myself a Kraton , I am a sucker for hop-ups , so far i got a few things , Aluminum Front and Rear chassis braces , servo mount , chassis protector that did not fit so perfectly but will do , i also added some CF mud guards & i custom cut my wing mount to add a wheely bar from the Mt4.

2A744338-425D-4669-A81A-098A8479B79F_zps9ldantch.jpg

F6113231-63E6-48D6-BE4B-FC6323BAE93D_zpsyyg5ep7u.jpg

3975889D-2A3C-4F71-990B-84D08155269B_zpstj7w6jxz.jpg

FEEC8D45-F0E5-497B-806A-3DF385C35DF5_zpskgwfv04f.jpg

08736F08-4EEB-46BA-B417-11DCF1D502A5_zps5lkhetze.jpg

21CC0989-9156-4B66-BA78-9A89828EFE03_zpsaagfe35p.jpg

BE570D4D-DBA4-434D-B452-002A881EC361_zpsjrpsf7be.jpg

67B4FA46-FE0C-40EE-9DBE-F90036B889D4_zpsz5cyjikv.jpg

Now i am working on a way to fit a bigger receiver box so i can use my futaba radio. I have ordered two from traxxas as i want to stay waterproof. I think the 1 that is going to work best is from the slash 4x4 ultimate as it is the perfect square & not rectangle like there other version. Also gonna try the stock electronics 1st before i upgrade as i have heard they are pretty good. I do have a Hw Max8 Esc on standby just in case. I also got rubber sealed bearings but will wait until the stocker's blow out 1st as i already got done putting most of the truck back together and changing all the diff fluid. A brand new set of sweep belted MT tires will be going on also and i painted up a old school ford truck body for it. Once the stock body gets ruined that will replace it. I did not add cf towers pictured but did add the mud guards. Oh and i grabbed the proline secure lock kit to hold my body down , I'll have to get around to drilling out the stock body posts and making them fit. A T Bone front bumper made for the Talion is also on the way to be mounted.

Looks good, I like it. It's possible that you may have to get stiffer spring up front if you add the bumper from T-Bone. I have the Kraton bumper and I have to bump up the springs.

Looks good, I like it. It's possible that you may have to get stiffer spring up front if you add the bumper from T-Bone. I have the Kraton bumper and I have to bump up the springs.
Thanks man can you post a link to some stiffer springs , I'll buy them . I was trying to do some research on that , I see most run the associated or tekno.

Justpassedu....between my lexan shell being beefed up and the T-Bone bumper.....it's making my front need some longer springs. You may be fine. Once I get the parts in from A-Main Hobbies, I'll send you all the part numbers and info. I'll try to get at least the spring installed to see if my ride height sits where I want it. I'll be on vacation after next week. I got all sorts of parts on the way.....I want to get this rig running sweet before the nice cool fall weather starts. I hope to get this rig dialed in.

Oh....I did order Tekno springs and they are labeled orange....they are much longer than stock.

Thanks Vanning , I have not run mine yet myself and got it over a month ago . I'm beefing it up also for the fall weather. I may even throw a max8 in if I can figure out what connectors it uses along with the stock motor. Thanks for the help & enjoy your vacation.

Wow, your Kraton is coming along great! I'm liking the aluminum braces and servo mount. I think the new ESC is a rebranded Hobbywing but I'm not sure. If it is, you wont have any issues but having a Max 8 hanging around would be tempting to do the swap...
Don't sweat the connectors though, your Max 8 probably came with some fresh ones you can solder onto your motor.

Wow, your Kraton is coming along great! I'm liking the aluminum braces and servo mount. I think the new ESC is a rebranded Hobbywing but I'm not sure. If it is, you wont have any issues but having a Max 8 hanging around would be tempting to do the swap...
Don't sweat the connectors though, your Max 8 probably came with some fresh ones you can solder onto your motor.
Thanks man , i lost the actual connectors but you are def correct , it is tempting so i am going to order some bullets today and make a adapter going from the stock motor to the max8 esc. Wondering if anyone thinks i should use a cap pack on the max8 esc ? I'll be running 4,5 & 6s . I lost the 1 the max 8 came with also. lol . The new esc is a rebrand of the ezrun i believe but it is missing a few features like being able to program it and auto detecting a 5s lipo , it also has a 6v only bec in it .

I like the wheelie bar who makes that and how does it compare to the T-Bone?

Thanks

I like the wheelie bar who makes that and how does it compare to the T-Bone?

Thanks
Never tried the T-bone wheelie bar although i do now have there front and rear bumpers. It is a wheelie bar from a MT4 truck. I had to cut a 3rd hole in my wing mount to make it fit properly. A tiny bit of custom work was required but not much at all, fairly simple once its in front of you.

This Thunder Tiger wheelie bar is so perfect. I never cut a third hole....I used the 2 holes under the wing and it works real good. I added some protection to the wheel for on road wheel stands.

upload_2016-9-25_18-3-37.png

Wow, your Kraton looks really nice!!! must be super durable with the gka braces etc...
The thing I like about my TBone wheelie bar for the Nero and Kraton is simple. Width for stability - especially off road. The two wheels are so far apart - the truck stays going in a straight line while it wheelies. I also have the Arrma Nero wheeliebar and it's a backup. The TBone is also brutally strong. I have flipped the Nero and landed it on the wheelie bar itself many times and it's as sturdy as ever. I also noticed that the Nero
TBone front bumper is actually two fused together. While I got a cool red one for the Kraton - it's not as tough as the Nero one.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 86
This Thunder Tiger wheelie bar is so perfect. I never cut a third hole....I used the 2 holes under the wing and it works real good. I added some protection to the wheel for on road wheel stands.

View attachment 2938
Please show me some pics of how you mounted it. I had to stare at mine for a bit and than decided to cut my own 3rd hole in the wing mount to make it work. I did hear that the older Kraton's already have the hole there on the wing mount and the new style like mine does not.

I just used the 2 holes that are used for the wing mount. They are directly under the wing. I'll try to get some pics of my revamped Kraton soon for you bud. I'm trimming some fat off of it....Setting up a 5S hard case in it rather than 6S. Trying to balance it out better and run a little lighter. I'm going with a stock painted body...no reinforcements under the body (tape or shoe goo). I'm trying to not need a motor fan. I have the stock motor mounted in it now....going to test it out (lower KV than Castle motor). I love this truck with a chassis brace in it...I want to switch mine from a solid aluminum rod to a carbon fiber rod, that will trim more fat. Also....I'm drilling out the front body grill to allow more air in it. Running no roll bar (less fat). I also have my T-Bone front bumper cut down to bare minimum. I only have what I feel is needed on the bumper. I also have to see what's lighter....My Badlands or the stock tire and rims. Oh....and the Orange springs are sweet....they are keepers.

Last edited:
My favorite mod on the Kraton is one I did to the stock body. Let me start by saying....the red and green is horrible in my opinion. Some like it....I do not. I do like the body and It's a good body. However.....for me to be able to tolerate it....... I carefully trimed off anything red from the decals and also removed a good amount of them....in person, this looks way better. My phone doesn't take a good picture. Getting rid of the red accents helped me to be able to get some use out of the body. lol I can look at it much easier.

upload_2016-9-28_18-59-15.png

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back