Kraton A few more questions about reassembling my Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffBoyardeeee

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I'm reassembling my Kraton V4 and had a few questions.

#1) on the rear shock plate, the 4 holes on each side where the tie-rods mount to, which hole should I use? I know it's for adjustment, but will I seen any difference one way or the other of this is strictly a basher? Same for the 2 positions for the shock mounts, will I notice a difference?

2) I noticed that without shocks, the rear arms a bit stiff. Not anything crazy, but without shocks they don't fall.down on their own. So I got looking and notice that something is off, or crooked. The lower hinge pins don't look parallel. Not sure if you can see from the picture, but it looks like they're further apart as they go towards the rear. I think something is off, I'm just not sure what to replace. Anyone have any insight on this?

IMG_20210131_135835.jpg

The lower hinge pins don't look parallel. Not sure if you can see from the picture, but it looks like they're further apart as they go towards the rear. I think something is off, I'm just not sure what to replace. Anyone have any insight on this?

This is by design for toe in, it helps with handling.

1) If you have to ask I can guarantee that you will not notice a difference. Doubt anyone would notice anything for bashing tbh.
2) That is by design but yes check your hiungepins and do not over-tighten. The arms should move freely with little to no resistance.
Be default should be a 1 degree toe in angle.

That's kind of what I figured on the adjustments. I have a habit of trying to learn things I'll never need to know, haha.

Do you know which hole is used by default? I thought I took pictures, but I can't find them.

I'm sure you have visible marks form the screwheads.
I have mine on the lower/inner in that 4 hole quadrant.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back