A Gift from the Arrma Assembly Team

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I broke the wing mount on my V4 Talion. No big deal as I had a spare. When I went to remove the screw that goes through the mount halves (the one without the plastic spacers) my MIP speed tip grabbed nothing. The screw head was badly stripped right from the factory. I had to use a nut driver with the speed tip along with many different angles to get it to turn a fraction of a millimeter. 25 minutes laster I got it out. Thank you Arrma Assembly Team!!!!!

20190505_113603.jpg

Must have been the Arrma trainees night shift at work...????

What bothers me is the person had to have known they did it and just said "screw it". If someone else got the truck that didn't have decent tools, the knowledge or the patience to remove it they would have had a miserable experience. I wish they had an "assembled by X" sticker or card included with the trucks. Hold these people accountable.

I wish they had an "assembled by X" sticker or card included with the trucks. Hold these people accountable.
Completely agree with you.

For a short period I worked for a ventilation & fan manufacturer and some of the workmanship from the staff was appalling as well as dangerous in some instances. I took pride in the fans I was assembling making sure the wiring was neat, nothing broken or missing from the parts box and that it all worked (each fan was tested for functionality after assembly).

You had to work quickly as you were working to order and by the end of the day it was expected that there would be pallets ready to go out to fulfill orders. Because of this some employees boxed up fans that were probably only ever going to be returned eventually by disappointed customers. Hundreds I know were sent out without even being checked for functionality because some of the workers didn't work fast enough to have time to check each fan.

The manufacturer could trace the fans back to see where and when they were made but never an individual employee which is wrong. (n)

I believe in accountability more than almost anything else but these days I see less and less. Less personal accountability than ever before especially.
I would probably email whomever should be contacted in order to voice my concerns in this situation.

What bothers me is the person had to have known they did it and just said "screw it". If someone else got the truck that didn't have decent tools, the knowledge or the patience to remove it they would have had a miserable experience. I wish they had an "assembled by X" sticker or card included with the trucks. Hold these people accountable.
These are made in China, hard to hold some 6 year old Asian kid accountable.....

Had a similar problem with a screw on my V3 Kraton. Went to remove it and the driver just spun around in the head. Grabbed my screw extractor and removed it in a few seconds . Never gave it a second thought. These extractors are worth their weight in gold.

Had a similar problem with a screw on my V3 Kraton. Went to remove it and the driver just spun around in the head. Grabbed my screw extractor and removed it in a few seconds . Never gave it a second thought. These extractors are worth their weight in gold.View attachment 37489
I can never get them to work. Well not never, but rarely.

I can never get them to work. Well not never, but rarely.
When I first bought mine I could never get them to work either, until I realized that when you are drilling the head out you have to run the bit in reverse instead of going forward with it. Once I figured that out I have been able to get every screw out that I stuck those things on. Also you have to use the right size for the bolt head. If you use one that is too small it will not work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back