A good 4s motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handbanana

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi.
Looking for a good 4s capably motor that will work well with my current electronics setup. I currently run spektrum 3s lipos, a 130amp spektrum smart esc, a spekrtum 3 channel reciever and a Spektrum dx5c smart controller. So its almost entirely Spektrum... I was running a BLX 2050kv motor but i couldn't get the top end i was look for even after maxing out the pinion to spur gear ratio... I did successfully manage to modify a 50t spur gear to run in the clutch assembly but now its too low of a ratio to run right and spacing constraints wont allow me to gear it back up. Honestly 3s just inst enough to push that motor and im trying to stick with the investments ive already made with the 3s lipos... Looking for a 4s motor because i ran into problems with the 3s motors i have... I have both a 3500kv velenium motor and a blx 3200kv motor but Ive run into serious heat issues... to elaborate, before i was running the smart esc I had the blx 100 esc and never ran into heat issues but now with the new esc both motors just cook... don't know why they get so hot with the new esc but they do (yes, i know i should gear down to reduce heat. but its too much heat to begin with)... running the blx 2050kv motor solved the heat issue completely (runs cool ?) but Im looking for more top end performance... So, im looking for that "Goldy Locks" perfect in between motor... Figured something capably of 4s would do the trick... I think my esc is having a problem with the higher internal resistance that my 3s motors have... thats why the 6s motor runs cool... just a guess. Anyway, any sugestions on a motor that would work well with my setup and criteria?
Thank You!

I put a 3674 2950kv motor in my sons brcc. On 4s it’s insane and gets hot after a pack With a 17t pinion. On 3s it’s fast as hell and manageable. On 3s It’s quicker than my k6s until top end
I put a 3674 2950kv motor in my sons brcc. On 4s it’s insane and gets hot after a pack With a 17t pinion. On 3s it’s fast as hell and manageable. On 3s It’s quicker than my k6s until top end
I think it’s a Queen hobby racing motor. It was around $50. I got it on eBay

Waiting on this motor.should be perfect for what you want.goo on 3s,insane on 4s.40 series should run cool without fans.4068.2650kv.

Screenshot_20200819-215226_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Definitely go with a 3674. Makes no sense to run a 40mm motor on a small vehicle, because it’s so much chunkier.

I think it’s a Queen hobby racing motor. It was around $50. I got it on eBay
I also have that same motor in my typhon it's been great, 2-4s capable and quick. Here's a link.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233612961352

Screenshot_20200819-225946_eBay.jpg

I thought you said 3674 ran HOT on 4s with 17t.3674 is the biggest 36mm motor that I'm aware of.then you'll have to go 40mm.sounds like to me you are MAXED out 36mm on your 4s setup. To keep temperatures at bay run bigger systems on Lower voltage. If you want to go faster in your maxed out on your gears go for higher kv's,taller tires,more volts..you running 26t 50t with 2050kv should be going 45+. Make sure you're not going really fast in reverse and slow forward I so you got to reverse the rotation of the motor on your ESC.2050kv motor sits opposite direction in 6s cars,making rotation reversed.i go as fast as possible cheaply. There could be some $200 motors out there. Different in the ones I'm willing to buy. I'm sure someone will come up with some3677 180$ motor...I run these cheap surpass motors,They rip.paid 31$ for 4068 2650kv.takes a month to get from china.should be getting any day now.

15979083289505603176399975259756.jpg

Wanna go super fast???guys are customizing mod1 gear swaps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200811-195604_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200811-195604_Chrome.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 77
I thought you said 3674 ran HOT on 4s with 17t.3674 is the biggest 36mm motor that I'm aware of.then you'll have to go 40mm.sounds like to me you are MAXED out 36mm on your 4s setup. To keep temperatures at bay run bigger systems on Lower voltage. If you want to go faster in your maxed out on your gears go for higher kv's,taller tires,more volts..you running 26t 50t with 2050kv should be going 45+. Make sure you're not going really fast in reverse and slow forward I so you got to reverse the rotation of the motor on your ESC.2050kv motor sits opposite direction in 6s cars,making rotation reversed.i go as fast as possible cheaply. There could be some $200 motors out there. Different in the ones I'm willing to buy. I'm sure someone will come up with some3677 180$ motor...I run these cheap surpass motors,They rip.paid 31$ for 4068 2650kv.takes a month to get from china.should be getting any day now.

View attachment 95362
Wanna go super fast???guys are customizing mod1 gear swaps.
It gets hot and would probably hit thermal if we didn’t give it a rest between packs. We also run bigger tires and have lots of add-ons. The hottest I’ve seen a get is 181° and that was speed runs in gravel and grass mostly wot in 90° weather with a 5000mah 4s pack. On 3s it can handle back to back packs with little cool down time. It really depends on what RC car it’s going in and how much it weighs as well as tire size and environment it’s being ran in. I have a surpass hobby motor and esc in my dhk Maximus and it’s a ripper and cheap!! I went with 3674 in that also. They seem like a solid affordable option!

I honestly run 3 packs back to back every chance i get. Sound like the 3674 2950kv motor will stay cool enough and give me the performance im looking for in a 3s system. Thanks for the reply's!

I honestly run 3 packs back to back every chance i get. Sound like the 3674 2950kv motor will stay cool enough and give me the performance im looking for in a 3s system. Thanks for the reply's!
For sure, shouldn’t sweat it.

Hi.
Looking for a good 4s capably motor that will work well with my current electronics setup. I currently run spektrum 3s lipos, a 130amp spektrum smart esc, a spekrtum 3 channel reciever and a Spektrum dx5c smart controller. So its almost entirely Spektrum... I was running a BLX 2050kv motor but i couldn't get the top end i was look for even after maxing out the pinion to spur gear ratio... I did successfully manage to modify a 50t spur gear to run in the clutch assembly but now its too low of a ratio to run right and spacing constraints wont allow me to gear it back up. Honestly 3s just inst enough to push that motor and im trying to stick with the investments ive already made with the 3s lipos... Looking for a 4s motor because i ran into problems with the 3s motors i have... I have both a 3500kv velenium motor and a blx 3200kv motor but Ive run into serious heat issues... to elaborate, before i was running the smart esc I had the blx 100 esc and never ran into heat issues but now with the new esc both motors just cook... don't know why they get so hot with the new esc but they do (yes, i know i should gear down to reduce heat. but its too much heat to begin with)... running the blx 2050kv motor solved the heat issue completely (runs cool ?) but Im looking for more top end performance... So, im looking for that "Goldy Locks" perfect in between motor... Figured something capably of 4s would do the trick... I think my esc is having a problem with the higher internal resistance that my 3s motors have... thats why the 6s motor runs cool... just a guess. Anyway, any sugestions on a motor that would work well with my setup and criteria?
Thank You!
I run a big rock with a firma 130esc and a BLX2400kv motor. I run 3S with a 20t pinion and stays relatively cool. When running 4S battery I use a 18t gear

I have had surprisingly good luck with Surpass motors.

I have had surprisingly good luck with Surpass motors.
I have the one K bash suggested earlier in this thread. I actually bought it because I saw him use it in a typhon 3s and it's been great on 4s. My typhon 3s is definitely heavier than stock though lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back