A little bit of water in my flat pack nimh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justatree

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
How do I get out the water and is it still safe to use and charge up? (I mean water and electricity are enemies, I won't charge it up now...)

Hi

Poke a couple of little hole in the heat shrink to help it dry out. NiMh packs are not nearly as volatile as LiPo packs are when it comes to getting wet and charging. If there is just a little bit of moister in the pack you don't have to worry to much, you can still charge it. If there is a lot of water in the pack then you have to worry when you charge.

I have one more question, with my venom battery every time I plug it into my Fury I get this little spark... doesn't happen with the stock battery, should I worry about this?

I have one more question, with my venom battery every time I plug it into my Fury I get this little spark... doesn't happen with the stock battery, should I worry about this?
I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts to create large black pitting spots on the connectors. I get the same spark every time I plug the batteries into my Senton and my Kraton. Although I think my sparks are a little bigger cause of the increased voltage (6s lipo)

Happens to me too.
first time, it was startling, thought I'd left the switch on.
Now, it's just what happens.
I wouldn't sweat the water too much, I'm running a 2 cell LiPo in a boat that gets pretty wet and so far, no explosions or Griswald Christmas tree fun.

I charged it up, and I thought it was dry but had a little bit of condensation after the charge (I swear I smelled a little of burning lol) But nothing happened, fully charged, I just cut the wrapping to where the condensation was. No puffing, I think it is fine then?

no fire, no smoke, no nothing, I think it was boiling the last bit of water off lol

I charged it up, and I thought it was dry but had a little bit of condensation after the charge (I swear I smelled a little of burning lol) But nothing happened, fully charged, I just cut the wrapping to where the condensation was. No puffing, I think it is fine then?

no fire, no smoke, no nothing, I think it was boiling the last bit of water off lol

Come to think of it, I recall more of that electrical smell when I was running a brushed motor.
But out and about, the breeze blowing, I can't smell anything from the RC.

Come to think of it, I recall more of that electrical smell when I was running a brushed motor.
But out and about, the breeze blowing, I can't smell anything from the RC.
Lol I won't be able to smell my blown up car a distance away :p
(and hopefully my battery won't explode!)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back