Infraction A little trip to my LHS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike-NLD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Hi Guys,

As i had the day of today.. I made my way to my LHS!

Bein re-hooked to the hobby.. Im planning on a second (third if i count my 16yo nitro) car..

But haven't decided what its goin to be.. Theres like four or 5 possible options to join my Typhon V3
Losi Super RockRey
Arrma Kraton 6s
Losi RockRey
Arrma Notorious
Arrma Infraction

So, with my LHS havin them all in stock.. It was worth the trip to compare em..

Infraction (24) and Limitless(12) came in on tuesday.. Today bein thursday.. He only has 9 Infractions and 3 Limitless's left.. Arrma told him.. When these are gone.. Next batch will not be in before the end of september..

20190801_133801.jpg

Opened up a Infraction to take a look.. And its a real beast.. But what struck me most.. Is that Dx2E transmitter its comes with.. Allthough its a (small) step up from what comes with the new 3s and 6s rigs.. This thing also feels like a cheap piece of crap! And that with a 660€ (730 usd) truck..

After that i took a look at the 6s Kraton.. Wich is to much like a longer and wider Typhon to me.. And me wanting something different..

Up next: the Notorious.. Had seen it before.. And im still in love with the oldschool truck body! But them.. In not sure im into a stunt truck at this time..

Finally the Losi's came out.. And i like both of them..
The Super RockRey is such a nice truck.. The shocks on it.. Are close to perfect to me..
The 1/10 RockRey has this stupid battery door.. Wich isnt the best solution.. And.. It only runs on max 3s.. Kinda strange.. Cause when you search for the specs.. Both motor and ES. Are 4s capable..

@bicketybam what do you run your Losi 1/10 RockRey on..?

So.. After all of that, im still not sure on what to do.. Im leaning towards one of the Losi's..
This cause they are much different from my Typhon..
As is the Infraction.. But that bein a somewhat flat surface truck.. Im not done running bumpy dirt yet.. So the Infraction will come in a later stage..

Problem with the Losi's.. The 1/10 RR at 430€ comes with the Dx2E and the SRR at 820€ with a Dx2E active.. Same here.. At that price.. You would have suspected it to come with a nice radio!
But.. LHS owner is willing to give me a good trade-in-price.. So.. Now i had to look at some radios.. After lookin and feeling some.. It wasnt all that hard.. Im goin for the Dx5 Rugged.. Has a good grip.. Like the way the trigger feels.. And that rubber wheel.. I think i even like that over a foam one..

I also like the look of the Flysky NB4 Noble.. And the fact i comes with 2 receivers.. A small one for bashing.. And a larger one for range.. But i need to feel a radio before i buy one.. Its in about the same price range.. Anybody who owns that?

So.. Now im goin to sleep a couple of nights over what truck to buy.....

Last edited:
Get the Kraton. It's nothing like the Typhon. Some interchangeable components which is one of the things i like about Arrma, but these are not similar rigs.

Don't let the radio sway your decision. While unfortunate that Horizon chooses such a lop sided pairing (cost driven 100%) the rig is the focus and the radio can be changed easily to whatever you like.

Hi Guys,

As i had the day of today.. I made my way to my LHS!

Bein re-hooked to the hobby.. Im planning on a second (third if i count my 16yo nitro) car..

But haven't decided what its goin to be.. Theres like four or 5 possible options to join my Typhon V3
Losi Super RockRey
Arrma Kraton 6s
Losi RockRey
Arrma Notorious
Arrma Infraction

So, with my LHS havin them all in stock.. It was worth the trip to compare em..

Infraction (24) and Limitless(12) came in on tuesday.. Today bein thursday.. He only has 9 Infractions and 3 Limitless's left.. Arrma told him.. When these are gone.. Next batch will not be in before the end of september..

View attachment 44383

Opened up a Infraction to take a look.. And its a real beast.. But what struck me most.. Is that Dx2E transmitter its comes with.. Allthough its a (small) step up from what comes with the new 3s and 6s rigs.. This thing also feels like a cheap piece of crap! And that with a 660€ (730 usd) truck..

After that i took a look at the 6s Kraton.. Wich is to much like a longer and wider Typhon to me.. And me wanting something different..

Up next: the Notorious.. Had seen it before.. And im still in love with the oldschool truck body! But them.. In not sure im into a stunt truck at this time..

Finally the Losi's came out.. And i like both of them..
The Super RockRey is such a nice truck.. The shocks on it.. Are close to perfect to me..
The 1/10 RockRey has this stupid battery door.. Wich isnt the best solution.. And.. It only runs on max 3s.. Kinda strange.. Cause when you search for the specs.. Both motor and ES. Are 4s capable..

@bicketybam what do you run your Losi 1/10 RockRey on..?

So.. After all of that, im still not sure on what to do.. Im leaning towards one of the Losi's..
This cause they are much different from my Typhon..
As is the Infraction.. But that bein a somewhat flat surface truck.. Im not done running bumpy dirt yet.. So the Infraction will come in a later stage..

Problem with the Losi's.. The 1/10 RR at 430€ comes with the Dx2E and the SRR at 820€ with a Dx2E active.. Same here.. At that price.. You would have suspected it to come with a nice radio!
But.. LHS owner is willing to give me a good trade-in-price.. So.. Now i had to look at some radios.. After lookin and feeling some.. It wasnt all that hard.. Im goin for the Dx5 Rugged.. Has a good grip.. Like the way the trigger feels.. And that rubber wheel.. I think i even like that over a foam one..

I also like the look of the Flysky NB4 Noble.. And the fact i comes with 2 receivers.. A small one for bashing.. And a larger one for range.. But i need to feel a radio before i buy one.. Its in about the same price range.. Anybody who owns that?

So.. Now im goin to sleep a couple of nights over what truck to buy.....
I run my 1/10 Losi Rock Rey on 3s. You really don't want anything more than that. It is not stable at high speed. It's also a lot more fragile that the Arrmas.

Get the Kraton. It's nothing like the Typhon. Some interchangeable components which is one of the things i like about Arrma, but these are not similar rigs.

This. It's nice to have parts that fit both (it's even more with the Talion btw), but they are widely different.

Why don't you drive the darn thing first before saying that. . . .

Why don't you drive the darn thing first before saying that. . . .

Cause, my driving style.. Im more the track type driver.. With an urge to keep control.. Perfecting corners, small/medium jumps.. Level flight.. Perfeting landings..
No need for poppin wheelies.. No need for flips.. No need for sending it..

And as long as my driving style is like that.. The Typhon and Kraton.. Are sort of the same to me..

The Losi's however.. With their solid rear axles.. Offer a completely different driving experience..

Cause, my driving style.. Im more the track type driver.. With an urge to keep control.. Perfecting corners, small/medium jumps.. Level flight.. Perfeting landings..
No need for poppin wheelies.. No need for flips.. No need for sending it..

And as long as my driving style is like that.. The Typhon and Kraton.. Are sort of the same to me..

The Losi's however.. With their solid rear axles.. Offer a completely different driving experience..

You just described my driving style ?

The Kraton for me is different from the Typhon bc of the terrain it can tackle. The Kraton is a go anywhere rig while the Typhon is suited better to flatter surfaces. The Kraton can plow through tall grass, float over rocky terrain and take on odd shaped hills that I encounter that the Typhon can't. Not being argumentative just sharing my experience. Good luck with your pick!

You just described my driving style ?

The Kraton for me is different from the Typhon bc of the terrain it can tackle. The Kraton is a go anywhere rig while the Typhon is suited better to flatter surfaces. The Kraton can plow through tall grass, float over rocky terrain and take on odd shaped hills that I encounter that the Typhon can't. Not being argumentative just sharing my experience. Good luck with your pick!

ill see where my mind will bring me in the end.. Kraton is still an option.. Losi's are on pole.. Noto most likely not at this moment.. And whatever happends.. Infraction is gonna come next xmas

Last edited:
It's hard not to get caught up in the hype around the Infraction and Limitless, but I have a Typhon Kraton and Talion, the two I find I want to drive most are the Talion and Typhon. Having said that I just made a race Kraton out of spares and I won the amateur truggy monthly round with my rc group with it, so I'm very happy with that at the moment. The Talion and Typhon are really dialed in, the Kraton needs some tuning to get the response you might be looking for.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back