Kraton A plea to Arrma!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do they? I've never seen anything that would give any indication they read the forums. Sure they know we are here, but that doesn't mean they read it.
In some of the interviews he's done and in his posts on Facebook Jason has mentioned that they do check the forums but they don't have an actual presence here. You would think that with nearly 20k members they would make some sort of attempt to have a presence here.

@TheBoy
I would buy a kit NOW, but I probably wouldn’t have to begin with. It may have been a bit intimidating for me. I agree with you completely though. I’d prefer to do it myself.

My order of preference now would be:
1) Kit with no electronics
2) Roller
3) RTR

cheers,
kev

Jason Deardon has stated multiple times over and over they won't provide kits. QC is worse with kits, and it is not their market.
Definitely this. My last kit was a MT410, & I spent hours deburring plastics & getting pins to fit. The gears were flawless but that was about it. Haven't touched another kit since.

Please, please, please can you provide your models as a self build kit, so we can build them properly. Or please can you learn how to build them properly so they withstand shipping and storage before they reach the end user.

The lavish use of (poor quality) threadlock, coupled with (very) mild steel "monkey metal" screws into aluminium components means screws that will never come undone. To be honest, as any engineer will confirm, the use of threadlock implies a design issue. It should be so very rarely used. But the build quality is probably a bigger issue. I am sick to the back teeth of drilling out screws on brand new, unused, Arrma kits and retapping them (or in the case of front driveshafts, buying news ones), just so I can put them together properly, and allow me to use better quality screws and bearings.

I should point out, I am using decent tools, not the junk supplied. I should also point out that I learnt that you need to completely strip them and build them properly after my first 2 Arrma products.

So, come on Arrma, how about selling as a kit of parts.... ....or do you do it because there is more money in the spares than in the kits?

Its a mighty shame, because the Kraton in particular is great fun and pretty robust.
I’m hearing you Bro !! Never had an issue with the Outcast V1 and Kraton V2. The first rig I started stripping screws on was the V3 Typhon. Drives me nutts drilling out screws on a fresh rig ?

I’m hearing you Bro !! Never had an issue with the Outcast V1 and Kraton V2. The first rig I started stripping screws on was the V3 Typhon. Drives me nutts drilling out screws on a fresh rig ?
My V1 Outcast had red thread lock on everything metal even my shocks had thread lock on them..............

Its quite a different feelingof enjoyment when you go from 1\8 to 1\10. Ilove my Outcast and Kyosho Optima. Having a nice transmitter really helps you enjoy the power curve of the motor. I wonder what a 1\5 LOsi is like.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back