A pretty special 8ight XTE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extremeengineer

No babe, I’ve had that one for a while...
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
So some here may have noticed my Avatar, Braxstrong, it’s something that’s been a big part of our life since our then 7 year old son was diagnosed with severe aplastic anemia back in September of 2019. A lot has happened since then, culminating in a bone marrow transplant this year that so far is looking great! When we were in the hospital for months for that, he and I spent a lot of time looking at rc cars, and somehow I got hooked on all of Ryan Dunford from TLRs build videos on the 8ight XTE. They became my escape from some difficult days in the hospital. When I got out I contacted Ryan just to thank him, those videos probably mentally saved me dozens of times, and long story short, ended up with a kit and Ryan put me in touch with the incredibly talented guy that paints the factory cars. Brax and I finally were able to put it all together, watching him build up parts was pretty emotional, and he’s pretty proud of the body (which is going to be a shelf queen once the bodies come back off backorder). I can’t say enough about how amazing Ryan is, and same for Bradley’s Fine Line Designs, the guy is an amazing painter but more importantly just an amazing guy. I sent him one of our #BRAXSTRONG bracelets, and he replicated it on the body, every line by hand, just amazing. Once I get the direct sensor wire in tomorrow and get the tires glued up she’ll be ready to go, but this one is, and always will be, a special build.

E27A33D0-165D-4AC5-97E5-7F786AF0578D.jpeg

38FFE095-1E3E-44DF-ACFB-0749FCE2DED1.jpeg

DDD0D099-9535-4599-9C2D-DE30A01C10B8.jpeg

03D0637C-C442-48A1-A737-BD508C6B9087.jpeg

96DC5F24-DD6F-47FE-8F5A-F3A7A6563C8C.jpeg

Beautiful build and Incredible story! Glad to hear things are looking up. 👍
I too love watching Ryan’s vids, pretty cool what those guys are doing for ya. The 8ight XTE has been on my list of wants for quite some time...

Beautiful build and Incredible story! Glad to hear things are looking up. 👍
I too love watching Ryan’s vids, pretty cool what those guys are doing for ya. The 8ight XTE has been on my list of wants for quite some time...
Thanks! I would never have known so many of the tricks he shows, or little changes, those videos really made things easy for Brax too.
Great story, glad you could find solace in rc, that's a nice build too, good work 💪👊👍
Thanks, appreciate that!
Nice rig like hammer down said been on my wish list for while now. But even better is the story behind it!!!
Thanks, it is definitely an extremely well engineered truggy, everything just fits together perfectly.
Looks awesome! Prayers for continued recovery and health for your son.
Thanks, it feels so surreal lately to not be making multiple trips a week to Univ. of Michigan Children's Hospital for transfusions, infusions, in patient stays and tests, and doing IV treatments and central line care at home each night. It feels right now like I am forgetting to do something every day because I have all this time that normally would have been consumed with medical stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back