A question for the florida guys!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodentop

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Notorious
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
Towards summer my family will be headed for our first trip to the US. (From UK). We are staying on I-drive at the buena vista. For my sins I have always wanted an x-maxx. Being as I can pick one up stateside and save myself approx $330 compared to uk pricing this is what I plan to do. My question is where is a decent lhs to pick one up from reasonably close to where were staying?. Maybe a place that has a good inventory of spares/hop-ups too?.

You are staying in Lake Buena Vista which is right at Disney world and all the attractions. The BEST hobby store I've EVER been in is graves RC . Which is pretty much just west of Orlando, not terribly far from you. I am to ignorant to post a link but just Google gravesrc and you'll find it. I suggest calling the store first to ensure they have an x-maxx for you in stock. Enjoy your trip to Florida! 🙂. Gravesrc.com

A friend of mine brought me there when I was in the middle of my 'years away from RC spell'.
Somehow I escaped without biting. It's a damn'd miracle.
Place is bananas!

You are staying in Lake Buena Vista which is right at Disney world and all the attractions. The BEST hobby store I've EVER been in is graves RC . Which is pretty much just west of Orlando, not terribly far from you. I am to ignorant to post a link but just Google gravesrc and you'll find it. I suggest calling the store first to ensure they have an x-maxx for you in stock. Enjoy your trip to Florida! 🙂. Gravesrc.com
ill give them a try. Thank you much. Yes its a disney holiday for the "kids" 18 and 11 🤣. Plan is to strip it down and shoehorn it into mine and the kids luggage. 🤣

So we have been in florida for 2 days and my god this place is nuts. Some of the pick-ups wouldn't even fit in my street let alone my driveway. Even the hotel hairdryer is a v8. How it should be. Realise how much we get ripped off in the UK. People we meet genuinely can't do enough to help. Apparently 2nd hottest July on record. Boggy creek today for an air boat ride and onto universal this afternoon. Will definitely be coming back.

Yes, lots to do in the area. Epcott, water parks, worlds largest McDonald's etc. You'll like Universal. Most enjoy it more than Disney world. Glad your having a great trip. You still plan on going to Graves RC? It will amaze you!

So we have been in florida for 2 days and my god this place is nuts. Some of the pick-ups wouldn't even fit in my street let alone my driveway. Even the hotel hairdryer is a v8. How it should be. Realise how much we get ripped off in the UK. People we meet genuinely can't do enough to help. Apparently 2nd hottest July on record. Boggy creek today for an air boat ride and onto universal this afternoon. Will definitely be coming back.
If ya want a nice steak and seafood dinner in Orlando, go to Del Frisco's or Oceanaire.

Get the bacon platter app and the butter cake dessert. Slap yo momma good!! ;)

I only know the food there, I'm at the convention center every year for the last 15.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back