Big Rock A Tale of Two Arrma's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the Big Rock out for a full hr run today and loved it
A3E39D4E-C863-4CE1-A876-44D2F9241458.jpeg

Mine has had less use now I've got the Vorteks to share the load. But it is a crazy beast. I had a mate visit and I we did some time in my bashing area. He was super impressed with the BR.

So i finally went to the skate park today ....

Got about 10min of running, Pulled my first backflip and then 2 more double backflips and had the biggest Grin on my face Until
i went for a mild straight jump and when it landed i went to pull the trigger and Stripped the spur gear , Meh no big deal right i mean come on i fully expected to have some kind of breakage so went back home to see the damage and fix but when i pulled the spur out i found this

IMG-8274.JPG
IMG-8276.JPG
IMG-8275.JPG

The motor shifted and that's what stripped the spur But WTF how the h$ll did the slipper Crack like that ?
My question is do i clean up the spur and slap it back and just send till it totally craps out or do i just Pony up the 45.00 for a whole new assembly
And on a side not i WAS P!ssed when i got there and seen my gopro batt was dead so i was not able to get any footage :mad:

Last edited:
So i finally went to the skate park today ....

Got about 10min of running, Pulled my first backflip and then 2 more double backflips and had the biggest Grin on my face Until
i went for a mild straight jump and when it landed i went to pull the trigger and Stripped the spur gear , Meh no big deal right i mean come on i fully expected to have some kind of breakage so went back home to see the damage and fix but when i pulled the spur out i found this

View attachment 148113View attachment 148112View attachment 148111

The motor shifted and that's what stripped the spur But WTF how the h$ll did the slipper Crack like that ?
My question is do i clean up the spur and slap it back and just send till it totally craps out or do i just Pony up the 45.00 for a whole new assembly
And on a side not i WAS P!ssed when i got there and seen my gopro batt was dead so i was not able to get any footage :mad:

View attachment 148114
Spur gear is $5. Make sure you remove those motor screws, clean the threads, and use blue thread lock on them when putting them back in.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA310947

a new spur is 5$, and a hub set is 15$. Its really not hard to take the slipper apart, just make sure you write down how many turns out you slipper adjustment screw is, so you can put it back the same amount. check the exploded view if you need a reference.
just a side note, if anyone here can confirm my theory-maybe the slipper cracked when the chassis flexed on landing? if so, can we put a sleeve around the cracked bit, like the inner race of the bearing?

a new spur is 5$, and a hub set is 15$. Its really not hard to take the slipper apart, just make sure you write down how many turns out you slipper adjustment screw is, so you can put it back the same amount. check the exploded view if you need a reference.
just a side note, if anyone here can confirm my theory-maybe the slipper cracked when the chassis flexed on landing? if so, can we put a sleeve around the cracked bit, like the inner race of the bearing?
yeah i just went to jennys rc and just got a whole assembly because the slipper hub is out of stock and back ordered

But i am curious too as to why this could have happened , i don't think there is much room to put anything around the hub since it sits flush against the diff housing tho ? 🤷‍♂️

Ok So i think i got the mystery Solved with the Cracked slipper Hub

Not sure how i missed it yesterday but im thinking after the 2 double backflips on to concrete Not only did it shift the motor But it Also Bent the motor mount 🤦‍♂️ Lesson Learned No more Skate parks for me LOL
Guess its time to look into some Upgrades 🤟
EDB91283-9804-4F18-9AF8-8C23B8B91D82.jpeg

Ok So i think i got the mystery Solved with the Cracked slipper Hub

Not sure how i missed it yesterday but im thinking after the 2 double backflips on to concrete Not only did it shift the motor But it Also Bent the motor mount 🤦‍♂️ Lesson Learned No more Skate parks for me LOL
Guess its time to look into some Upgrades 🤟View attachment 148252
M2C or CRCU motor plate

Well after getting over the Sting of how much it cost , i pulled the trigger and got the M2C setup i will report back when the new parts arrive (y)

SO , I finally got back to work after being jobless for the past 2years 🤟
But 12hr days are killing me and not having much want to go out and play BUT ........

Shiny New parts showed up and i got to put them in , Not tested yet but we will get there

Big Rock First
IMG-8295.JPG
IMG-8296.JPG
IMG-8298.JPG
IMG-8299.JPG
IMG-8300.JPG

Super Stoked to get to try them out

And a Sneak Peek of what's to come for the Typhon

IMG-8301.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back