A video I found on youtube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Nero
  3. Talion
I don't want all vehicles to be electric. They don't sound as good, and are more expensive to buy, drive, repair, and replace. I don't care if somebody buys an EV. I just don't like the idea on electric cars being the only option in 10 years. They aren't better for the environment, which means the government is promoting EVs for some reason. Hmm, maybe they want to control electricity so if you don't do what big brother/government says, they stop you from being able to use electricity. This would stop you from obtaining food, preparing food, getting water, going to work, anything with driving.

(I didn't watch the video)
Combustion and electric vehicles both have their place IMO and we shouldn't be looking at going 100% full electric.

My next vehicle however will be an EV. It'll be replacing my 2011 Nissan Altima SR. We also have a 2021 Ford F150 Super Crew Regular Bed.

My wife and I both work from home. I'm permanent WFH while she has the option to go to her office which is less than 10 minutes away. Our kids school, daycare, grocery shopping, etc is all 10 minutes away or less. These short trips are awful for combustion engines and tend to cause us battery related issues because the car doesn't run long enough to recharge the battery after having cranking over the engine. The EV will be used for all of our local around town driving which will significantly reduce our maintenance and fuel costs.

Our truck is used for towing our travel trailer and hauling :poop: around in general. Current EV's just can't compete in this department for hauling and long distance travel. If I had a Ford Lightning or a Telsa Cybertruck, I'd never be able to travel as far as I can currently in a single day with my combustion engine. As soon as you hook up a trailer or a heavy load to any vehicle, your distance to empty is already cut in half (this is a generic statement, many factors contribute to how quickly you spend your fuel).

Now, with my combustion engine, I can spend 5 to 10 minutes refilling my 36 gallon tank and then I'm back on the road. If I had an EV, I'd have to sit there and wait for a charging station to open up (assuming they are all occupied), and then wait for the truck to recharge. Waiting for the recharge is going to take way longer then refilling the gas tank. In this scenario however, I'm towing my travel trailer. Is the charging station a pull through/trailer friendly, or do I also then need to spend time to unhitch and drop my trailer, and then additional time to put it back on the truck?

In conclusion, they both have their place, but until the current EV technology advances significantly further, you need to decide what option is best for your situation.

I think the major problems we have now are dealing with battery performance cold climates and the fact that our electrical grid likely would need significant upgrades to support such mass charging. Gas won't completely go away in our lifetimes, but at the same time, electric does have a place. In a sense. every energy source is a stop gap until we figure out the "next best thing".

As far as the better for the environment part, that I'm not ultimately sure of, but there are efficiencies in generating power centrally. Certainly if we can come up with an effective way to reliably generate electricity outside of fossil fuels that argument gets blown out of the water. But we're not there quite yet.

The government has no interest in making you some sort of slave to electricity, we already are just by virtue of our lifestyles. It's the reality of the way we live, rather than some bizarre conspiracy.

At the end of the day, humanity needs to change and we need to pick a point to start that change. I'm sure the solution(s) will evolve over time. Few things are perfect from the get go, you set your sights high and achieve what you can.

Certainly if we can come up with an effective way to reliably generate electricity outside of fossil fuels that argument gets blown out of the water. But we're not there quite yet.

Nearly 30 days ago, the US Dept of Energy announced a breakthrough in fusion. We're now 1 step closer to a new potential energy source. This is super exciting!

(I didn't watch the video)
Combustion and electric vehicles both have their place IMO and we shouldn't be looking at going 100% full electric.

My next vehicle however will be an EV. It'll be replacing my 2011 Nissan Altima SR. We also have a 2021 Ford F150 Super Crew Regular Bed.

My wife and I both work from home. I'm permanent WFH while she has the option to go to her office which is less than 10 minutes away. Our kids school, daycare, grocery shopping, etc is all 10 minutes away or less. These short trips are awful for combustion engines and tend to cause us battery related issues because the car doesn't run long enough to recharge the battery after having cranking over the engine. The EV will be used for all of our local around town driving which will significantly reduce our maintenance and fuel costs.

Our truck is used for towing our travel trailer and hauling :poop: around in general. Current EV's just can't compete in this department for hauling and long distance travel. If I had a Ford Lightning or a Telsa Cybertruck, I'd never be able to travel as far as I can currently in a single day with my combustion engine. As soon as you hook up a trailer or a heavy load to any vehicle, your distance to empty is already cut in half (this is a generic statement, many factors contribute to how quickly you spend your fuel).

Now, with my combustion engine, I can spend 5 to 10 minutes refilling my 36 gallon tank and then I'm back on the road. If I had an EV, I'd have to sit there and wait for a charging station to open up (assuming they are all occupied), and then wait for the truck to recharge. Waiting for the recharge is going to take way longer then refilling the gas tank. In this scenario however, I'm towing my travel trailer. Is the charging station a pull through/trailer friendly, or do I also then need to spend time to unhitch and drop my trailer, and then additional time to put it back on the truck?

In conclusion, they both have their place, but until the current EV technology advances significantly further, you need to decide what option is best for your situation.
Why not just throw a generator on your trailer and charge on the go!!
tenor.gif

Nearly 30 days ago, the US Dept of Energy announced a breakthrough in fusion. We're now 1 step closer to a new potential energy source. This is super exciting!
Agreed. This was a really amazing accomplishment that seems to have been ignored by the news.

When they (Tesla, third-party company, government, police, insurance agencies, or other institution etc.etc.) can remotely disable, monitor/Control/Limit your speed via 5G/Wifi (or OTA* software updates) or just drive away your vehicle At-Will...

It's Much Easier to Repo their vehicle from you ,when your not looking.

Giving us the canned excuse of-
It's All for the sake of Your protection or for the 'Public Good.'

*Over-The-Air

I don't want all vehicles to be electric. They don't sound as good, and are more expensive to buy, drive, repair, and replace. I don't care if somebody buys an EV. I just don't like the idea on electric cars being the only option in 10 years. They aren't better for the environment, which means the government is promoting EVs for some reason. Hmm, maybe they want to control electricity so if you don't do what big brother/government says, they stop you from being able to use electricity. This would stop you from obtaining food, preparing food, getting water, going to work, anything with driving.

I'm not an EV fan either, but it's reality. The EV doesn't bother me as much as the software involved and the software mentality of we can update it later.

Part of that reality is the government loves to tell you how to live your life. There are people in government that believe that private ownership of cars shouldn't exist. There are people that believe we are too stupid to drive.

If you don't like what the government does, don't vote them back into office. That is the only solution.

When they (Tesla, third-party company, government, police, insurance agencies, or other institution etc.etc.) can remotely disable, monitor/Control/Limit your speed via 5G/Wifi (or OTA* software updates) or just drive away your vehicle At-Will...

It's Much Easier to Repo their vehicle from you ,when your not looking.

Giving us the canned excuse of-
It's All for the sake of Your protection or for the 'Public Good.'

*Over-The-Air
What I can't do Live Action GTA anymore. I was planning a little vacation fun in Arkansas with Trooper Bryd. :vamp:

What I can't do Live Action GTA anymore. I was planning a little vacation fun in Arkansas with Trooper Bryd. :vamp:
That was AWESOME!!!!!

Sorry a bit of rant here. Feel free to skip if you don't want to hear it.

San Jose's answer to traffic violators - Traffic Calming aka the Road Diet.

Just a little background, San Jose had
  • 36 Homicides. Most of those are drug related or domestic violence. It's very rare the random person is gunned down in the streets.
  • 64 Vehicular deaths, 32 of them were pedestrians killed.
  • zero traffic enforcement and zero bail for those unfortunate ones arrested.
  • Facts, data and science do not have place in politics, it is based on Fear Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD) not science.
What can we conclude from this kids,
  • You're still going to get killed by a gun. It's a fact and guns are evil, why do you want one anyway? Don't worry about protection, we will protect you. Cars are evil too but we don't want to say that.
  • People don't drive like crap. It's not their fault they play with their phone while driving. It's not their fault they were street racing. It's not their fault they don't get help and feel the need to get high and drive around town, then burn down a Home Depot. It's just not their fault and your are messed up for even thinking that they should be responsible for their actions.
  • We need to make it more difficult to drive.
They started this thing years ago, copying other cities where the same plan didn't work. The plan is to reduce the number of usable lanes and create congestion. This is done by expanding (unused bike lanes), additional bus lanes (for the homeless on the bus), restrip to reduce the number of lanes, remove the turn lanes (effectively no right turn on red) and of course make the lanes skinnier. They are so skinny that my 4runner barely fits.

All in the hopes to reduce speeds, by creating gridlock and making it impossible to drive the store none the less work. What it really does is increase the amount of fuel wasted (increase carbon emissions), piss people off and increase the radical driving because everyone is pissed off and now late too!

This what it looks like. It's ugly and stupid both. Note the truck has a wheel on the outside line. 🤮
1673919718753.png

Sorry a bit of rant here. Feel free to skip if you don't want to hear it.

San Jose's answer to traffic violators - Traffic Calming aka the Road Diet.

Just a little background, San Jose had
  • 36 Homicides. Most of those are drug related or domestic violence. It's very rare the random person is gunned down in the streets.
  • 64 Vehicular deaths, 32 of them were pedestrians killed.
  • zero traffic enforcement and zero bail for those unfortunate ones arrested.
  • Facts, data and science do not have place in politics, it is based on Fear Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD) not science.
What can we conclude from this kids,
  • You're still going to get killed by a gun. It's a fact and guns are evil, why do you want one anyway? Don't worry about protection, we will protect you. Cars are evil too but we don't want to say that.
  • People don't drive like crap. It's not their fault they play with their phone while driving. It's not their fault they were street racing. It's not their fault they don't get help and feel the need to get high and drive around town, then burn down a Home Depot. It's just not their fault and your are messed up for even thinking that they should be responsible for their actions.
  • We need to make it more difficult to drive.
They started this thing years ago, copying other cities where the same plan didn't work. The plan is to reduce the number of usable lanes and create congestion. This is done by expanding (unused bike lanes), additional bus lanes (for the homeless on the bus), restrip to reduce the number of lanes, remove the turn lanes (effectively no right turn on red) and of course make the lanes skinnier. They are so skinny that my 4runner barely fits.

All in the hopes to reduce speeds, by creating gridlock and making it impossible to drive the store none the less work. What it really does is increase the amount of fuel wasted (increase carbon emissions), piss people off and increase the radical driving because everyone is pissed off and now late too!

This what it looks like. It's ugly and stupid both. Note the truck has a wheel on the outside line. 🤮
View attachment 270714
Dude why is there a sign in the middle of the lane?

Fixed that for you

I am in no way an ev supporter but I find it funny that the opposite is true for rc cars.
Taxes is a form of government control. Nothing to dwell on since it's the way of life and it will allways be like this..you can complain but it won't do you any good but cause stress.so suck up and pay up .or get locked up.🤟😁👍
As@@
Fixed that for you

I am in no way an ev supporter but I find it funny that the opposite is true for rc cars.
🤣 In my lhs they have a dumpster full of nitro rc cars and trucks .yup no one wants them .

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back