Infraction A warning to everyone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I feel like every kit you buy is gonna break and need hop ups so i always try and buy kits with plenty of after market support cuz I already plan up hopping them up soon as I buy em so I don't care about out of the box durability. I mean its nice and some kits are a little better out of the box than others but I feel like the only kit that was a tank out of the box that I ever saw was the Savage but even they broke too so 🤷‍♂️
I agree to a point. Every kit will break if you beat the snot out of it. Hop ups are 'better' pieces. Aside from the UDR, most of my vehicles are stock. If it breaks, depending on what it is (and cost and availability), I replace it with a better part.

Hi guys, if you buy a new Arrma and change the esc connectors you have no warranty.

Mine died on its second run so i bought a max 6, swapped the connectors and sent it for warranty.

Hh have screwed me over and won't help as I've removed the connectors.

I don't know anyone that runs spektrum batteries as theyre ludicrously over priced and i don't care for the smart crap thats built into them. Call me an rc whisperer but i know when the batteries are starting to fade.

If you put xt90s on the esc your warranty has gone, take my advice and make an adapter.

I was a huge arrma fan but im really unhappy with them right now.

Arrma really need to ditch spektrum. At this moment I don't think i will ever buy another arrma ever again.
This is not good news to hear.

I agree to a point. Every kit will break if you beat the snot out of it. Hop ups are 'better' pieces. Aside from the UDR, most of my vehicles are stock. If it breaks, depending on what it is (and cost and availability), I replace it with a better part.
Thats what we all do, That was my point. Thats why I always try and buy kits with a lot of after market support.

I don't get why so may complain about the Arrma using hobbywing/spektrum rebrand esc and motor combo. Its a great system and best bang for the buck rtr’s. Im sure traxxas fans would love to have that esc and motor combo on their trucks. Also HH have great warranty even tho a lot takes advantage and scam them of defective parts just to get free replacement. If you don't like it just buy the rollers or buy a different brand. HH is the best thing that happen to Arrma. They get more funding now for R&D can release more products except the Nero. That traxxas ruin.
You've clearly had good experiences, I've only tried to use horizon hobby warranty once and they screwed me over.

I had the original dx3 about 15 years ago when it first came out, it was epic but as with all things it wore out.

I bought another straight away and the car would drop out of range after about 100m, i contacted spektrum and they said that was an acceptable range and wouldn't do anything about it.

I returned it to the shop and got a gt3c and for less than half the money it was superior in every way.

Spektrum could have been great, in fact they were great but they quickly turned to crap imo.

Thats what we all do, That was my point. Thats why I always try and buy kits with a lot of after market support.

I think we all try to buy something that has availability of parts.

Depending on who 'we all' is, I disagree. I'm part of 'we all' .. and while I play with them and will drive them to their limits .. I'm not jumping 30' in the air (though the X might every now and then). If I need replacements - if the price of hop ups is significant, then a stock part goes back on.

As already specified, I'm stock on most of my vehicles .. my X is completely stock. Infraction V1, completely stock. DB Pro, completely stock. DBXLE 2.0, completely stock - many others completely stock also. UDR, lots of hop ups - and when it breaks, because of all the hop ups, it's not a cheap repair - nor is it a quick repair because you have to wait on after market parts.

Last edited:
I think we all try to buy something that has availability of parts.

Depending on who 'we all' is, I disagree. I'm part of 'we all' .. and while I play with them and will drive them to their limits .. I'm not jumping 30' in the air (though the X might every now and then). If I need replacements - if the price of hop ups is significant, then a stock part goes back on.

As already specified, I'm stock on most of my vehicles .. my X is completely stock. Infraction V1, completely stock. DB Pro, completely stock. DBXLE 2.0, completely stock - many others completely stock also. UDR, lots of hop ups - and when it breaks, because of all the hop ups, it's not a cheap repair - nor is it a quick repair because you have to wait on after market parts.
You'll have to excuse my crude over generalization. Granted different people upgrade at different rates but we all (and by all I mean the overwhelming majority of us) upgrade parts when the stock part repeated fails. That was the point I was driving at. If youre not hard on your kits then sure theyre gonna be mostly stock cuz youre not pushing the limits of the kit and would therefore not have any need to upgrade very often.

You'll have to excuse my crude over generalization. Granted different people upgrade at different rates but we all (and by all I mean the overwhelming majority of us) upgrade parts when the stock part repeated fails. That was the point I was driving at. If youre not hard on your kits then sure theyre gonna be mostly stock cuz youre not pushing the limits of the kit and would therefore not have any need to upgrade very often.
Completely agreed about stock parts failing repeatedly .. and if your stock kit is failing that much, it might be time for a new brand. If you're bashing and following the 'run it til it breaks' mantra, that's not a kit / mfr problem. Everything has a breaking / melting point.

As Post 38 states (shown below), the X and the Maxx, are really tough trucks in stock form. As stated, I push them to their limits - and have needed to buy minimal parts for them. My maxx has done wheelstands onto the roof and back onto its wheels, I don't know how many times (it's like a rat on acid) - nothing's been replaced. Granted, I'm not jumping the moon with either of these (but I am jumping). My Infraction .. I've been through I don't know how many sets of tires. I have also replaced the entire right side (drifted into a curb then went airborne) .. replaced it with stock stuff. The accident was my fault and hop up parts would have been far more expensive to replace. My club racer (B74) gets run fairly hard and jumped consistently .. very few hop ups.
Not trying to argue here but tend to disagree. The Maxx and Xmaxx are two tough plastic trucks. Many beat the crap out of these two rigs and tend not to break so easy. I know everything is breakable but these two are tough.

Last edited:
Completely agreed about stock parts failing repeatedly .. and if your stock kit is failing that much, it might be time for a new brand. If you're bashing and following the 'run it til it breaks' mantra, that's not a kit / mfr problem. Everything has a breaking / melting point.

As Post 38 states (shown below), the X and the Maxx, are really tough trucks in stock form. As stated, I push them to their limits - and have needed to buy minimal parts for them. My maxx has done wheelstands onto the roof and back onto its wheels, I don't know how many times (it's like a rat on acid) - nothing's been replaced. Granted, I'm not jumping the moon with either of these (but I am jumping). My Infraction .. I've been through I don't know how many sets of tires. I have also replaced the entire right side (drifted into a curb then went airborne) .. replaced it with stock stuff. The accident was my fault and hop up parts would have been far more expensive to replace. My club racer (B74) gets run fairly hard and jumped consistently .. very few hop ups.
We keep going back and forth like we have a disagreement but we don't so Im not sure where this is going?

Hi guys, if you buy a new Arrma and change the esc connectors you have no warranty.

Mine died on its second run so i bought a max 6, swapped the connectors and sent it for warranty.

I don't know anyone that runs spektrum batteries as theyre ludicrously over priced and i don't care for the smart crap thats built into them. Call me an rc whisperer but i know when the batteries are starting to fade.

If you put xt90s on the esc your warranty has gone, take my advice and make an adapter.

Arrma really need to ditch spektrum. At this moment I don't think i will ever buy another arrma ever again.
You could have used adaptors, that's what I've done with my Axial to use xt-60, easy...

All RC products have there plus and minus factors , 10 years old starved kids put this stuff together , if u choose RC you choose the problems right out the dang box , heck buy your tools first and learn how to use those first then go to your hobby shop and figure out Wich one is the easiest to work on in your own eyes , I've been in this war inside my head for 30 years , it's never changed and it ain't gunna , take that one to heart !!!

All RC products have there plus and minus factors , 10 years old starved kids put this stuff together , if u choose RC you choose the problems right out the dang box , heck buy your tools first and learn how to use those first then go to your hobby shop and figure out Wich one is the easiest to work on in your own eyes , I've been in this war inside my head for 30 years , it's never changed and it ain't gunna , take that one to heart !!!
Lol, dude, I'm 45 with nearly 30 years rc behind me, i repair electronics, i have a professional soldering station and the knowledge and skills to perform the simple tasks required to keep in with this awesome hobby.

My whole point was that most escs come without connectors, the castle sv3 i just installed in my 4tec had no connectors. I had to supply my own. An easy job. Warranty still stands.

My argument here is hh and spektrum are.... Arse it, i can't be arsed with this argument anymore, hh suck and are an embarrassment to this hobby.

Let this thread die chaps .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back