Infraction A warning to everyone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would argue about traxxas electronics, yes the vxl esc is crap but the motors are bomb proof, also, the bigger escs are rebranded castle escs, id trust castle any day over spektrum.

I know that someone is going to say that spektrum rebrand hobbywing but somehow they even get that wrong when you compare the firma reputation to the max 6.

As stated, if i do ever buy another arrma it will be exb without the electronics.
The Traxxas motors are better now than they used to be 10 years ago Ill give you that but are the VXL-6S ESCs rebranded Castles? I know 10 years ago they used rebranded Castles cuz they looked just like Castle ESCs but the VXL-6S ESCs don't look very much like MM2s anymore. I actually asked that question before in another forums a couple days ago but I still haven't received any replies.

I would argue about traxxas electronics, yes the vxl esc is crap but the motors are bomb proof, also, the bigger escs are rebranded castle escs, id trust castle any day over spektrum.

I know that someone is going to say that spektrum rebrand hobbywing but somehow they even get that wrong when you compare the firma reputation to the max 6.

As stated, if i do ever buy another arrma it will be exb without the electronics.
It isn't rumor that spektrum ESCs are rebranded hobbywing, they actually are, with different firmware for smart features. The max6 has a pretty poor reputation among people running in the top end of the power range since HW intentionally gimps their ESCs to deliver half of what comparable Castle ESCs deliver. Oh, and Traxxas doesn't do rebranded Castle anymore, I wish they did.

The trx4 motor is a rock, esc is JUNK.....agree

Traxxas no longer uses Castle to make their escs they are all made in house now.

It's unfortunate HH owns Arrma, was never a Spektrum fan, now everything is Spektrum branded. I'm really surprised HH is releasing all these EXBs, that's one loophole to get away from their Spektrum stuff.

This. Of course all the EXB's come covered in Spektrum stickers and the included servo horn is 23T when the rest of the industry has seemlingly settled on 25T as standard. I'm sure they're coming up with ways to make them more "proprietary".

Has any bought an EXB to put in the same equipment as an RTR? Just curious.

I really am disliking HH more and more every day.

Has any bought an EXB to put in the same equipment as an RTR? Just curious
Sure, many people do that here and on YouTube. They have Spektrum and BLX electronics sitting around and you can pick up motor/ecs combos from places like Jennysrc.com on the cheap.

How? If it’s not AS, then well, it’s going to spark. Even the 5mm bullets on my 4s pack spark just as much as the xt90 on 6s.
I’m not trying to argue, just trying to understand.
They are ****technically**** not antispark, but the connector design seems to reduce it to near zero. I've had two ESCs fry from HUGE arcs across xt90 connectors, despite being "antispark". Even to the point of welding one together and desoldering the battery connector from the leads

spectrum seems to like to close their architecture with proprietary stuff. I considered going with Spectrum when I first got started, glad I didn't. Read so many bad things about their support. Figured if spectrum support sucks I might as well go with less costly flysky or dumborc and both have worked great for me. No love lost for Spectrum.

This has turned into quite the thread, it would seem we all love our arrmas but not the electronics, i hope arrma and jason deardon see this.

I think the best idea as above is to get exb models and ditch spektrum.

Despite my name i haven't been a traxxas fan for a long time, their plastics are crap but to be fair they do design a good machine, it's a pity the build quality is so crap. I remember the erevo version 1, it cost a fortune to get the diffs to cope with 4s despite the box saying it could handle 6s.

Their customer service was good though back in the day, Hh are a disgrace to the hobby.

Despite my name i haven't been a traxxas fan for a long time, their plastics are crap but to be fair they do design a good machine, it's a pity the build quality is so crap.
Not trying to argue here but tend to disagree. The Maxx and Xmaxx are two tough plastic trucks. Many beat the crap out of these two rigs and tend not to break so easy. I know everything is breakable but these two are tough.

Spektrum electronics aren't the best by any means. But they definitely aren't the worst either. Ive beaten the hell out of my infraction electronics with heat for a while and its been alright. Granted I swapped out my Spektrum systems on my large 1/5 scales for castle systems. Ive never had any issues with the EC5 / IC5 conectors. I run them on all my RC's. The one thing I do regret is buying a Spektrum radio. I wish I didnt and went with Futaba or Flysky. Spektrum receivers are absolute TRASH and are expensive!

Not trying to argue here but tend to disagree. The Maxx and Xmaxx are two tough plastic trucks. Many beat the crap out of these two rigs and tend not to break so easy. I know everything is breakable but these two are tough.
Personally I feel like every kit you buy is gonna break and need hop ups so i always try and buy kits with plenty of after market support cuz I already plan up hopping them up soon as I buy em so I don't care about out of the box durability. I mean its nice and some kits are a little better out of the box than others but I feel like the only kit that was a tank out of the box that I ever saw was the Savage but even they broke too so 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back