Infraction A warning to everyone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spektrum electronics aren't the best by any means. But they definitely aren't the worst either. Ive beaten the hell out of my infraction electronics with heat for a while and its been alright. Granted I swapped out my Spektrum systems on my large 1/5 scales for castle systems. Ive never had any issues with the EC5 / IC5 conectors. I run them on all my RC's. The one thing I do regret is buying a Spektrum radio. I wish I didnt and went with Futaba or Flysky. Spektrum receivers are absolute TRASH and are expensive!

I've been using Futaba from the start. Not to say they have the flashiest equipment by any means, but they just work.
I use a 3PV radio for all my models that I've built or at least replaced whatever receiver they came with with a Futaba one. I wish I had spent the money for the 4PM (?) Futaba radio, now that I've stuck with Futaba for so long.

Can't say anything about Futaba CS, I've never had to use it.

This has turned into quite the thread, it would seem we all love our arrmas but not the electronics, i hope arrma and jason deardon see this.

I think the best idea as above is to get exb models and ditch spektrum.

Despite my name i haven't been a traxxas fan for a long time, their plastics are crap but to be fair they do design a good machine, it's a pity the build quality is so crap. I remember the erevo version 1, it cost a fortune to get the diffs to cope with 4s despite the box saying it could handle 6s.

Their customer service was good though back in the day, Hh are a disgrace to the hobby.

This is why I decided to go with the Mojave EXB and not the RTR. I appreciate the upgrades it comes with but my primary reason was to not pay for electronics I would have ditched anyway. Sadly I don't think Arrma or Jason Deardon has much say in this anymore.
I'm doing anything to stay out of the proprietary ecosystems that Horizon and Traxxas are building for themselves.

I don't get why so may complain about the Arrma using hobbywing/spektrum rebrand esc and motor combo. Its a great system and best bang for the buck rtr’s. Im sure traxxas fans would love to have that esc and motor combo on their trucks. Also HH have great warranty even tho a lot takes advantage and scam them of defective parts just to get free replacement. If you don't like it just buy the rollers or buy a different brand. HH is the best thing that happen to Arrma. They get more funding now for R&D can release more products except the Nero. That traxxas ruin.

I don't get why so may complain about the Arrma using hobbywing/spektrum rebrand esc and motor combo. Its a great system and best bang for the buck rtr’s. Im sure traxxas fans would love to have that esc and motor combo on their trucks. Also HH have great warranty even tho a lot takes advantage and scam them of defective parts just to get free replacement. If you don't like it just buy the rollers or buy a different brand. HH is the best thing that happen to Arrma. They get more funding now for R&D can release more products except the Nero. That traxxas ruin.

It’s not the level of quality for me at all. They’re fine products. It’s the “proprietary” nature of everything now.

Oh, you bought our RTR? It has battery connectors you can only get on our batteries. And to buy additional connectors to retrofit is very cost prohibitive or too scarce to source. People new to the hobby are getting trapped in an ecosystem before they understand it.

Personally I like electronics that come with no connectors or an XT60 or 90, or Deans/“T” style plug. But I’m also coming from a different era of RC where proprietary really wasn’t a thing.

It’s not the level of quality for me at all. They’re fine products. It’s the “proprietary” nature of everything now.

Oh, you bought our RTR? It has battery connectors you can only get on our batteries. And to buy additional connectors to retrofit is very cost prohibitive or too scarce to source. People new to the hobby are getting trapped in an ecosystem before they understand it.

Personally I like electronics that come with no connectors or an XT60 or 90, or Deans/“T” style plug. But I’m also coming from a different era of RC where proprietary really wasn’t a thing.
IC5 is not proprietary. Its the same as EC5 where 99.9% of lipo manufacturers sells. We know common sense is lacking these days.

Yeah, Spektrum IC5 connectors are 100% not proprietary. Work with EC5, and actually designed to be cross compatible with EC5. You can find pretty much any lipo with EC5 connectors.

True true.

EC5 is an option. Will an intelligent charger handle an EC5 “dumb” battery? EC5 is just the “father” of the IC5, created by E-Flite - also a horizon brand. They’re just willing to share that technical data with other manufacturers.

Common sense must be inversely proportional to abject twats.

Last edited:
Hi guys, if you buy a new Arrma and change the esc connectors you have no warranty.

Mine died on its second run so i bought a max 6, swapped the connectors and sent it for warranty.

Hh have screwed me over and won't help as I've removed the connectors.

I don't know anyone that runs spektrum batteries as theyre ludicrously over priced and i don't care for the smart crap thats built into them. Call me an rc whisperer but i know when the batteries are starting to fade.

If you put xt90s on the esc your warranty has gone, take my advice and make an adapter.

I was a huge arrma fan but im really unhappy with them right now.

Arrma really need to ditch spektrum. At this moment I don't think i will ever buy another arrma ever again.
Buy only Armma Rollers
SPECTRUM ESC SK
platform pretty damn good

Technically IC5 is proprietary. Just because its backwards compatible with EC5 does not mean that HH doesn't own a patent on the IC5 connector/SMART system.

Technically IC5 is proprietary. Just because its backwards compatible with EC5 does not mean that HH doesn't own a patent on the IC5 connector/SMART system.

This. All the connectors are proprietary, it’s just who’s more willing to make available either connectors as a whole or the technical data and licensing to third parties. Traxxas being the worst offender of this. XT (Amass) being the best. Dean’s had their patent run out and now it’s the Wild West for that style.

This. All the connectors are proprietary, it’s just who’s more willing to make available either connectors as a whole or the technical data and licensing to third parties. Traxxas being the worst offender of this. XT (Amass) being the best. Dean’s had their patent run out and now it’s the Wild West for that style.
Deans are a fire hazard on 6s. If thats what you like then solder away. Let the heat and sparks fly🤣

True true.

EC5 is an option. Will an intelligent charger handle an EC5 “dumb” battery? EC5 is just the “father” of the IC5, created by E-Flite - also a horizon brand. They’re just willing to share that technical data with other manufacturers.

Common sense must be inversely proportional to abject twats.
Yes. Smart chargers, even the gen 2 chargers, have balance ports. The gen 2 smart batteries do not use a balanced, however, so gen 2 smart batteries can only be charged on gen 2 smart chargers

Hi guys, if you buy a new Arrma and change the esc connectors you have no warranty.

Mine died on its second run so i bought a max 6, swapped the connectors and sent it for warranty.

Hh have screwed me over and won't help as I've removed the connectors.

I don't know anyone that runs spektrum batteries as theyre ludicrously over priced and i don't care for the smart crap thats built into them. Call me an rc whisperer but i know when the batteries are starting to fade.

If you put xt90s on the esc your warranty has gone, take my advice and make an adapter.

I was a huge arrma fan but im really unhappy with them right now.

Arrma really need to ditch spektrum. At this moment I don't think i will ever buy another arrma ever again.
Thats not true
They warrantied both of my blx 120 failures with xt90
Unless they changed their policies
Warrantied this a few months ago

E5E910AA-F63C-42A4-911F-129535EDD0F2.jpeg

I think it comes down to how u explain the problem. If you say the esc burned out of the blue they will likely blame ur connectors. Because ic5 are rated 120amps and xt90 90amps. But in my cases forst esc its snow who killed it so its a waterproof failure. Second the connection on the cap pack broke. The connector has nothig to do with it
I used this exact photo on the email. And the first esc failure 2 years ago is on youtube
You can also resolder the IC5 before warrantying it if you want to be dirty 🤣🤡

Last edited:
Deans are a fire hazard on 6s. If thats what you like then solder away. Let the heat and sparks fly🤣
Ive never had a problem with Deans on 6S and thats with knock offs to boot which supposedly, according to Robin at Deans, are not as capable as original deans. It took me over a dozen runs to get a clone Deans to even fail on my K8. Im about to test my K8 with original Deans to test their claims about them being more capable than the clones but Ive been using Deans a long time and Ive never once had a failure on 6S. Worst thing I can say about Deans is that the little spring retainers do wear out after while and have to be replaced and theres a bit of a learning curve to soldering them if youre not already experienced in soldering.

don't get me wrong Im not saying theyre the best thing around, Im just saying they are alot more capable than ppl give them credit for.

Last edited:
Everyone is so fixated on this smart system. When its actually a dumb system. ISDT tried it and didnt sell well now HH try to market it. Save yourself some headache and get a real lipo charger. Not these so called smart system. Instead of dumbing people down. Why not get educated on lipo batteries and how to properly care for it. First step is a good charger with build it safety protocol. Also makes lipo last longer and no fire hazard.

Everyone is so fixated on this smart system. When its actually a dumb system. ISDT tried it and didnt sell well now HH try to market it. Save yourself some headache and get a real lipo charger. Not these so called smart system. Instead of dumbing people down. Why not get educated on lipo batteries and how to properly care for it. First step is a good charger with build it safety protocol. Also makes lipo last longer and no fire hazard.
Was that directed at me? Ive got an 1100W iCharger, an 800W iCharger, and a 1400W Hitec X2 charger. I got more LiPos and 12/24V PSUs than you can shake a stick at. All I said was that technically the IC5/Smart system is technically proprietary. I didnt say I liked it or endorsed it.

Also as far as hh warranty they are a lil slow with covid but iv had great service from them. Front and rear diffs went out first pack. They sent me two and never got delivered. Sent me two more when fed x said they couldnt find them. Then they showed up two weeks later. I told them i would ship back at my cost and said to keep them. Then i had the stx rx/tx acting crazy and they tried to diagnos over the phone with no luck. Sent me a dx3 sr315 to replace it. Thats good service imo

I've used all sorts of chargers for airsoft Lipos, ended up using ISDT chargers 95% of the time. I am plenty well educated on lipo safety. ISDT and spektrum make fine, if expensive chargers. I like the features and added safety measures from the SMART charger and batteries. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

I've also had great experience with HH warranty by the way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back