Infraction A warning to everyone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revomikey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
Hi guys, if you buy a new Arrma and change the esc connectors you have no warranty.

Mine died on its second run so i bought a max 6, swapped the connectors and sent it for warranty.

Hh have screwed me over and won't help as I've removed the connectors.

I don't know anyone that runs spektrum batteries as theyre ludicrously over priced and i don't care for the smart crap thats built into them. Call me an rc whisperer but i know when the batteries are starting to fade.

If you put xt90s on the esc your warranty has gone, take my advice and make an adapter.

I was a huge arrma fan but im really unhappy with them right now.

Arrma really need to ditch spektrum. At this moment I don't think i will ever buy another arrma ever again.

Arrma really need to ditch spektrum. At this moment I don't think i will ever buy another arrma ever again.

Exb/rollers, no need to worry about spectrum garbage. 🤷‍♂️

Easy fix. Solder back the original connector before sending back. Its the same as any manufacturers.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Stock IC5 connectors are EC5 compatible. @Pat_ranch and I have had a couple 6s ESCs let out the magic smoke because of XT90 arcs. Never going to mess with XT90s again. XT60s for crawling, EC5 for bashing.

Thanks for all the comments guys, it's nice to vent.

I bought a turnigy esc from hobbyking once, it came without plugs, i soldered plugs on and ran it. After about a month it smoked so i sent a picture and quick video to them, i had a new one at my door within days. That's a company with awesome customer service.

Unfortunately i can't put the old ones back on as it has that stupid smart cable stuck to the main power cable, as it wasn't being used i had to cut it back.

It's just left a bad taste in my mouth, i wanted the infraction since the v1 came out, at the time funds wouldn't allow it so i saved, by the time i had the money the v2 was out so to be screwed over after all my saving really stings. Thankfully my financial situation is now really good again but i remember the saving and the effort it took to get this car.

If Jason Deardon reads these forums i would really like to let him know that Hh and spektrum are really hurting this growing brand.

It's unfortunate HH owns Arrma, was never a Spektrum fan, now everything is Spektrum branded. I'm really surprised HH is releasing all these EXBs, that's one loophole to get away from their Spektrum stuff.

I've got at least $2k in Spektrum gear, and hate to walk away, but their lack of support for products once they have been "replaced" with updated versions of the same hardware (for example, no "smart" telemetry firmware update for "old" telemetry transmitters, last year's flagship can't run this year's receivers), crappy servos, and ESCs with settings disabled (ahem, LVC) all has me fed up.

I'll stay with Arrma as long as they keep replacement parts in stock and don't jack their prices. So far they're failing at one of two.

So we should class fitting our own connectors as modifying? Are you saying that if you don't run the manufacturers over priced batteries we should lose a warranty? Seems harsh to me.
I haven't looked for an adapter for this application, but it was VERY EASY to find battery adapters for my Traxxas TRX4 crawler...... they are the epitome of propriety...... pull off the adapter, everything is as it arrived in the box.....:sneaky:

I considered going the spectrum route when getting into this..... to each their own....if you want all the smart stuff, go for it, but not worth it to me at all....my 2 rtr rigs are fine for now with the spectrum stuff in them.... don't have a single Spectrum battery..... the future will more likely involve ......an EXB......

So we should class fitting our own connectors as modifying? Are you saying that if you don't run the manufacturers over priced batteries we should lose a warranty? Seems harsh to me.
Just saying what all manufactures say. No i don't like it but it is what it is. The only spektrum device i have is my rx/tx dx3.

IC5/EC5 is not a manufacturer specific connector like traxxas. All lipo manufacturers use EC5 connector. No need to buy spektrum lipo’s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back