Aarma big 8s rigs for 2023????!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveRc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Has anyone heard of any NEW EXB or 8s Aarma's for 2023?
There has to be a new release after the traxxas xrt.

My hunch says no. Current 8S Arrmas revisions are here to stay. I wouldn't expect any new revisions. The 8s EXB's are pretty much where Arrma will stay for a while.. I don't think Large scale is all that popular anyway. A slow seller. XRT was a knee jerk response to the Arrma 8s line. Took Trx a while to do it. The X-Maxx was not technically true 1/5 scale IMHO. Handles and looks more like a Monster Truck. Not a Truggy like the 8s Arrma's and the XRT.

Arrma is hush hush on new releases, they don't advertise just drop.

Thats true about Arrma just dropping. I was hoping..I read it on big squid 🐙 rc they were predicting a new aarma release soon. It's 2023 its not like aarma will take the year off. Whatever they release it will be cool.
Besides its not like there's only 2 1/10th or 3 1/8ths scales on the market. There will be more 1/5 or 1/6th coming. They are awesome trucks regardless. There will always be us that want bigger and better. Majority or not.

My hunch says no. Current 8S Arrmas revisions are here to stay. I wouldn't expect any new revisions. The 8s EXB's are pretty much where Arrma will stay for a while.. I don't think Large scale is all that popular anyway. A slow seller. XRT was a knee jerk response to the Arrma 8s line. Took Trx a while to do it. The X-Maxx was not technically true 1/5 scale IMHO. Handles and looks more like a Monster Truck. Not a Truggy like the 8s Arrma's and the XRT.

A knee jerk response that took them what, 3 years after the original release of the 8s Kraton? Because of how an X-Maxx handles it is in a different scale class than the XRT, Outcast and Kraton?

Last edited:
A knee jerk response that took them what, 3 years after the original release of the 8s Kraton? Because of how an X-Maxx handles it is in a different scale class than the XRT, Outcast and Kraton?
In fairness Traxxas have never stated the X Maxx or the XRT is 1/5th.

Take the body off the X Maxx and put it next to an actual 5th scale and it is very obviously not a 1/5th. Next to my Baja which isn't a big 5th scale it looks and feels tiny. I have not seen an 8s Arrma in the flesh but I imagine it is similar

In fairness Traxxas have never stated the X Maxx or the XRT is 1/5th.

Take the body off the X Maxx and put it next to an actual 5th scale and it is very obviously not a 1/5th. Next to my Baja which isn't a big 5th scale it looks and feels tiny. I have not seen an 8s Arrma in the flesh but I imagine it is similar

I agree, compared to a Baja, the X-Maxx isn’t a “1/5 scale” but the X-Maxx and XRT are both almost exactly the same size as their Arrma counterparts, so to say Arrma is 1/5 and Traxxas isn’t, is just silly.

I agree, compared to a Baja, the X-Maxx isn’t a “1/5 scale” but the X-Maxx and XRT are both almost exactly the same size as their Arrma counterparts, so to say Arrma is 1/5 and Traxxas isn’t, is just silly.
Agreed, I thought it was fairly well established it was quite cheeky of Arrma to call them 1/5 as they clearly aren't

EXB is on sale for $489.99. That's 30% off. Do you think it's on sale now to clear out inventory for a new version coming up soon??

I kind of heard the same thing at my local hobby shop. Due to sales being soft they were marking them down. That would be great if they released something new is right!! Horizon has the 8s exb for 699.99 but I see Amain selling it for 489.00.
Either way it has been on and off for the last 6 months.

Sales probably went down, because everyone jacked their prices up. Arrma prices started going up when the Vorteks came out, I believe.

Thats true about Arrma just dropping. I was hoping..I read it on big squid 🐙 rc they were predicting a new aarma release soon. It's 2023 its not like aarma will take the year off. Whatever they release it will be cool.
Besides its not like there's only 2 1/10th or 3 1/8ths scales on the market. There will be more 1/5 or 1/6th coming. They are awesome trucks regardless. There will always be us that want bigger and better. Majority or not.
I would love to see a 1/5 big rock with a plastic chassis.

I get the 1/5th scale love BUT for me...just bring back the Senton 6s or make a 1/6th or 1/7th scale Talion. Those would get my wallet open. I actually saw one of the 1/5th scale nitros (Rovan of MCD?) next to a Kraton 8S and let me tell you...the size comparison shouldn't even be made. Those Rovans/MCDs dwarf the Kraton 8S and require a substantial investment (greater than 3K) to get rolling even if you do an electric conversion. The average person in the hobby ain't shelling out 3 to 4 grand to get ONE car up and running.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back