Granite About to buy a Granite BLX on Amazon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATP_driver

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I really like that Amazon offers a warranty for both the truck and batteries. I do plan on repairing/upgrading parts as needed, unless it's something major. Would you guys recommend any special tools or must haves? Here's what I have in my cart so far:
983BB26E-DF69-44B3-8159-C4888883EEC4.jpeg

Looks pretty good aside from the chargers. They'll charge the batteries at a snails pace and you won't be able to storage charge them with these. As for tools, you'll get the necessities with the truck. Enough to get you by. Though I highly recommend MIP 1.5mm, 2mm and 2.5mm bits.

Don't waste your money on those stupid USB chargers. Buy a real charger. You will appreciate having it. Also, don't buy the toy warranty. Arrma and Horizon Hobby have a 2 year warranty on all of their RC trucks. Horizon Hobby is very good at warranty replacement as long as you have the proper info.

Last edited:
Maybe new servo 20-25kg red cheap ones are fine and kimbrough servo saver124, my servo saver broke day 1 and servo day 3. And as previously said other balance charger

2 year TOYS ACCIDENT protection plan? Really???
Would be cool if this really covered a high speed crash but at only 25 highly doubt it haha

Would be cool if this really covered a high speed crash but at only 25 highly doubt it haha
It covers any damage from normal use. I've used it before on another RC car. They send you a prepaid box, and refund the full amount in the form of an Amazon gift card.

I'm looking at lipo chargers on Amazon and I'm pretty lost. Can you guys please let me know if this will work? I have no clue what i'm looking for.
Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 8.08.13 PM.png

and

I would ditch the warranty, dirt guard, USB cables, get good charger and smaller lipos in the 5000-5400 mah range. Pick up a good set of hex drivers such as MIP for starters.

A good charger is an absolute necessity: it's the one thing you don't go cheap on. And make sure it will charge a 6s battery in case you decide to move up to a more powerful RC vehicle later on. The old saying amongst RC folks "buy once, cry once" applies here.

Actually they are excellent. I tend to get the plans with my kids and dogs cheap RC cars. Costs like 10-20 bucks depending on price. Drive em till they break to much to repair and then activate the plan, mail the item back and they give you a full refund. Minus the cost of the plan of course. As long as you can mail them back a pile that consists of what the car used to be they will honor the plan. They even covered one that got ran over by a 1/1 car.
A good charger is an absolute necessity: it's the one thing you don't go cheap on. And make sure it will charge a 6s battery in case you decide to move up to a more powerful RC vehicle later on. The old saying amongst RC folks "buy once, cry once" applies here.
I totally agree here. I did exactly that, got a decent basic charger but it’s not enough now. Just dropped 85 bucks on a good dual charger (one recommended on the forum ) that I should’ve got to begin with.

I really like that Amazon offers a warranty for both the truck and batteries. I do plan on repairing/upgrading parts as needed, unless it's something major. Would you guys recommend any special tools or must haves? Here's what I have in my cart so far:
View attachment 149589
Save yourself 10 bucks or so…this cover fits well with very minor mod (1/2 inch gather on each side. I love it, makes clean up easy. Integy RC Model Hop-ups C28371 Dirt Guard Chassis Cover for Traxxas 1/10 Scale E-Maxx Brushless https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G2RL49...abc_N95AA8BF3F165EA8QJZE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

like all have said, ditch those chargers they suck. I just picked up one of these:
HTRC C240 1-6S LiPo Battery Charger Duo Discharger Dual AC 150W DC 240W 10A for Li-ion Life NiCd NiMH LiHV PB Smart Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SQTYH74/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_DS8F0B2B86DYH41DP6N0
I’m getting this one cause I went cheap on my first. Lesson kinda learned lol. You will want dual charging. Taking care of Lipos is like having a kitten. I have 4 (lipos not kittens ugh) and alternate each to storage mode as I use them. I ruined several good 2s batteries (not to mention, kittens) treating them casually so I’m careful now.

insurance on the car seems odd since the point is to drive enjoy break repair drive enjoy break… on the batteries, yeah for a few bucks maybe not bad. Those things sometimes just die (like f🤫ucking kittens do). I thought of that when ordering some 3s batteries recently but decided to spend the 7 bucks on a part instead.

you’ll want shock fluid since the factory only part fills them. 50wt works decent. Basic tools cause you gotta work on these. Either repairing or maintaining or upgrading, it’s a constant process and is fantastic if you find it fun. A PITA if you don’t.

There is so much more you’ll need but that is best learned over time. G’luck dude and enjoy!!

I just bought this charger for my Granite 3S batteries, I’ve only used it once so far but it seems to do it’s job well. There’s lots of videos on YouTube showing how to set it up for LiPo balance charging.
79FDB930-611A-4EDB-932B-7799033B2BEC.jpeg

Yes but you can also put the balance straight into the charger without that extension.
Thats how i do it

Just curious why you would go smaller? What about the “c” rating?
C rating is all good, higher the better. But 8000 mah in a 3s truck is a bit much IMO. First is the extra weight but not a really big thing, you would get real good runtime. But second, at the same time may run into heat issues before you deplete that big lipo especially if it's hot outside.

I would suggest getting two 5400 mah lipos instead, you could run one to LVC, let the truck cool down a bit and run the second. Zeee makes 5400 3s packs and could save a few bucks there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back