Granite About to buy a Granite BLX on Amazon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. It traction rolled a few times, and once when i hit the brakes at full speed. All on grass mind you. This hobby is going to own my free time, I can just see it now.
Well, those are the exact reasons that it happened. If you snap it back together it is just gonna come apart again. Need to order a new set.

Well, those are the exact reasons that it happened. If you snap it back together it is just gonna come apart again. Need to order a new set.
I'm sure that's what did it. I guess I just need to realign my expectations of durability. Kinda disappointed tbh.

I'm sure that's what did it. I guess I just need to realign my expectations of durability. Kinda disappointed tbh.
Durability is relative to the abuse you’re giving the machine lol. I find them very durable but I’ve also really studied here, on the forum, all the advice on what ‘not to do’ driving habits. I also watch posts like these, for what ‘not to do’ 😁

Durability is relative to the abuse you’re giving the machine lol. I find them very durable but I’ve also really studied here, on the forum, all the advice on what ‘not to do’ driving habits. I also watch posts like these, for what ‘not to do’ 😁
Well, if what not to do is rip up and down grass and take a few tumbles on said grass, then I guess things aren't going to go well for me. That being said, I removed the shock & turnbuckle and managed to snap the part back into place. How long it will hold is anyone's guess. Waiting for Horizon to call me back to hopefully get a new axle under warranty.

BTW that red wheel nut tool thing is completely worthless. It basically comes rounded off/stripped out of the bag. I'm still waiting for my nice hex tool to be delivered. Why do they even bother?

Last edited:
Well, if what not to do is rip up and down grass and take a few tumbles on said grass, then I guess things aren't going to go well for me. That being said, I removed the shock & turnbuckle and managed to snap the part back into place. How long will it hold is anyone's guess. Waiting for Horizon to call me back to hopefully get a new axle under warranty.

BTW that red wheel nut tool thing is completely worthless. It basically comes rounded off/stripped out of the bag. I'm still waiting for my nice hex tool to be delivered. Why do they even bother?
That red tool thing is best used for adjusting the slipper easy. It is a very good tool to have. There are videos on it somewhere on the Forum. Yes, grass has too much traction and if it’s thick or at length, causes a lot of wear and tear on the car.

Email Horizon. I’ve been through the warranty process once and it drove me crazy until somebody gave me the email address (see below). I emailed them and they responded, gave me a few hoops to jump through which I did immediately and received a new ESC and servo within 5 days. You have to jump through the few hoops that they give you because that’s the only thing that will expedite you to the next level.

987E76D3-A766-4FA5-BF2F-9B2BB8A000BC.png

That red tool thing is best used for adjusting the slipper easy. It is a very good tool to have. There are videos on it somewhere on the Forum. Yes, grass has too much traction and if it’s thick or at length, causes a lot of wear and tear on the car.

Email Horizon. I’ve been through the warranty process once and it drove me crazy until somebody gave me the email address (see below). I emailed them and they responded, gave me a few hoops to jump through which I did immediately and received a new ESC and servo within 5 days. You have to jump through the few hoops that they give you because that’s the only thing that will expedite you to the next level.

View attachment 151424

Just got back from running the truck and sure enough, the axle broke again. When it was running, the truck ran great.
Told ya earlier, just order a new set. Once they come apart they will never be right and need replaced. Here is a set from JennysRC. The cheapest you will find. You should order them before they are gone. They sell out real fast.

https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...fts-front-rear-axle-senton-big-rock-ara4302v3

Horizon is sending me a replacement. Just had to send em a pic of the receipt and axle.
Sounds good. Be prepared to replace a lot of broken parts if you're new at driving these rigs. They are very durable but they do still break. The good thing is that these are hobby grade RCs, which means that basically every single part is replaceable. A good thing to do, just like a lot of us here on the Forum do, is to stock up on "crash parts" or spare parts so when you do break something you can just fix it instead of waiting 6 or 7 days to get the parts in the mail, if they are even available. I have a whole box full of spare parts for all 3 of my rigs. I have 3 or 4 sets of some certain parts.

Sounds good. Be prepared to replace a lot of broken parts if you're new at driving these rigs. They are very durable but they do still break. The good thing is that these are hobby grade RCs, which means that basically every single part is replaceable. A good thing to do, just like a lot of us here on the Forum do, is to stock up on "crash parts" or spare parts so when you do break something you can just fix it instead of waiting 6 or 7 days to get the parts in the mail, if they are even available. I have a whole box full of spare parts for all 3 of my rigs. I have 3 or 4 sets of some certain parts.
I can see it getting to that point... eventually. For now, if I can avoid throwing $$ at a new car I will. This is kind of an experiment for me. If something serious breaks and it's not covered under warranty I've got insurance. Then I can upgrade to something better.

I've had my Team Associated DB10 break the piece that holds the rear a arm hinge pin. Traction rolled on grass and something must've caught the wheel. Only thing that's broken on it so far. Seems yours may have been a freak accident. I'm lucky to have 3 hobby shops nearby that all stock Arrma parts so I don't generally stock up on parts.

Well, Horizon Hobby sent me a new set of axles under warranty. I used a fully charged 3s 8000mAh 100c and ran her hard. Max ESC temp was 140F, with the motor reading 131F. This is such a fun truck.

DEDDA41A-2A12-4DBD-8771-295F59052574.jpeg

wow that
Ok guys, I took the truck out for its maiden run at my local soccer field. I was mostly doing up and back speed runs just to see how the car behaves. 10 minutes in, this:
View attachment 151408
Right rear axle. Is this something I can snap back into place or do I need a new part?
sucks but better that then something more expensive. My Big Rock V3 on 3s just did the exact same thing just a minute ago, HOWEVER its had several packs of an SMC 9700 mah 120 c thru it and I drive like a light switch bwaahaha, surprised mine lasted this long. Kinda odd that yours did it so quick, but as others stated, a lot of this type of issue is from throttle control, and not jambing the throttle full blast at the wrong time goes a long ways. Its really been the crux of most of my broken parts...poor driving habits that is...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back