Typhon About to buy a TLR tuned typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hutton93

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Typhon TLR
Hello, so back into this hobby and I have recently bought an infraction v2 and LOVE IT! But I fancy a Typhon next but want to build one. Am from the UK so I don't have as many shops to buy from as our US friends. Looking at get MAX8 set up, just want to bash on 4s so speed isn't everything. What pinion do you advise?

Looking to buying:

Hobbywing XR8 Plus 4274 G3-A 2250KV - Combo​

And

Etronix 30.3kg/0.09s Std Digi Servo Hv Metal Gear Waterproof​

What other things do you advise to buy? Thank you

Hello, so back into this hobby and I have recently bought an infraction v2 and LOVE IT! But I fancy a Typhon next but want to build one. Am from the UK so I don't have as many shops to buy from as our US friends. Looking at get MAX8 set up, just want to bash on 4s so speed isn't everything. What pinion do you advise?

Looking to buying:

And

Welcome back to the hobby & great choices for rigs! You're going to need a tx/rx too, yes? Not sure what you're running in the Infraction. I have a noble nb4 & absolutely love it. Multiple model memory, really decent range, lots of functions that are completely out of my realm of understanding. Receivers aren't too expensive either & have seen that they now have one w/ a gyro if that's something you're interested in

Welcome back to the hobby & great choices for rigs! You're going to need a tx/rx too, yes? Not sure what you're running in the Infraction. I have a noble nb4 & absolutely love it. Multiple model memory, really decent range, lots of functions that are completely out of my realm of understanding. Receivers aren't too expensive either & have seen that they now have one w/ a gyro if that's something you're interested in
Thanks man, just going to get a spektrum receiver to go along side the DX3 I have for the infraction. Or do you have a good upgrade in mind? Thanks

Looking to buying:

And

Nice pick on the TLR

Mine is for bashing, but I am not a send-it-type basher. Like the ground and type hills, you find on a gold course. TLR drives like a dream. Running other Max8 with stock Typhon v5 motor. It's a great little basher light make it looks better....IMHO

I am not a veteran to this hobby, but after 5-6 different rigs, I ended up with 2 TLRs since I like them so much. :) As an advice, I would swap the DX3. Never had one, but after reading more bad feedback then good, I would either go with cheap SLT system (I am sure lots of people selling their BLX ones cheap) or just a little stretch and get the DX5C it works well.

I am not a veteran to this hobby, but after 5-6 different rigs, I ended up with 2 TLRs since I like them so much. :) As an advice, I would swap the DX3. Never had one, but after reading more bad feedback then good, I would either go with cheap SLT system (I am sure lots of people selling their BLX ones cheap) or just a little stretch and get the DX5C it works well.
Yeh i have done some research and am going to buy the FLYSKY noble set up because from iv seen and hurd its ment to be amazing!

Nice pick on the TLR

Mine is for bashing, but I am not a send-it-type basher. Like the ground and type hills, you find on a gold course. TLR drives like a dream. Running other Max8 with stock Typhon v5 motor. It's a great little basher light make it looks better....IMHO
i have been looking online at the manual, i feel like i should change the oil stright away. Stock i believe (from the manual) front and rear 7K weight and central is 10K. What are you using for bashing as i tent on buying oil when i get the new rig. Thanks

i have been looking online at the manual, i feel like i should change the oil stright away. Stock i believe (from the manual) front and rear 7K weight and central is 10K. What are you using for bashing as i tent on buying oil when i get the new rig. Thanks
Hi

I asked many of the popular YT'ers this question in a message what they shared was in this range but with variations. I locked on 20/20/10k. This is been good for my hot bashing sessions and drives well!

Somewhat went a little lighter in the rear 7k and as I said other variations. If interested in those I can see if I can find the pad I wrote them on.

Yeh i have done some research and am going to buy the FLYSKY noble set up because from iv seen and hurd its ment to be amazing!
LOVE my noble! Have an nb4 & it's got so much stuff I'm still learning, but the model memory alone was worth the extra $. Rx's aren't too expensive, heard there's a gyro version tho haven't tried it

Better to buy the Waterproof sensored MAX8 G2 with 4278SD 2250KV motor

hw38010400s_grande.jpg

Can recommend the WFLY X9 Radio, one of the best you can get under 200USD

Attachments

• IMG20221002151713.jpg
    IMG20221002151713.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 28
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back