About to buy jims bearings anything i should know before buying?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
Im currently about to purshase jims bearing kit for my kraton 4s. Could buy separetly bearings of different sizes but shipping for some reason doubles even if im ordering less bearings. Anything i should know about those bearings before i pull the trigger? I only knows he puts jelly rockets candy inside your order

Last edited:
The owner's name is Jim ?
Yeah i know
To me the diffrence between quality bearings and poor bearings is the rubber seals they use i still have 3 stock bearings metal shielded who spin like butter while other i remplaced them twice with rubber sealed and they are on their way out
And better internals but idk much about internal quality because they all look the same to me

Yeah i know
To me the diffrence between quality bearings and poor bearings is the rubber seals they use i still have 3 stock bearings metal shielded who spin like butter while other i remplaced them twice with rubber sealed and they are on their way out
And better internals but idk much about internal quality because they all look the same to me
I prefer AVID bearings but their prices for some kits are a little high right now because they're having to replace some items with more expensive ones for supply issues. The ones I normally buy from AVID all come greased with their SLIDE bearing grease.

I prefer AVID bearings but their prices for some kits are a little high right now because they're having to replace some items with more expensive ones for supply issues. The ones I normally buy from AVID all come greased with their SLIDE bearing grease.
Their bearings are 1$ the piece but shipping is like 13$
Mhm actually might maybe get avid instead
The kit complete for the kraton 4s from jims is 33usd for me 26 bearings but 6 im not going to use i can buy 20 bearings in avid+ 13$ shipping heh same price but kinda sucks still i would have wanted to buy 25bearings for 33$ something like that
What is the differance with avid bearings vs the other brands?

Their bearings are 1$ the piece but shipping is like 13$
Mhm actually might maybe get avid instead
The kit complete for the kraton 4s from jims is 33usd for me 26 bearings but 6 im not going to use i can buy 20 bearings in avid+ 13$ shipping heh same price but kinda sucks still i would have wanted to buy 25bearings for 33$ something like that
What is the differance with avid bearings vs the other brands?
I have only used AVID and have had no trouble and I like the speed of shipping. When I spend $50 here in the US I get free shipping. I also like the website and various other bling stuff they sell. I use their SLIP oil and SLIDE grease too.
@Surchaufeur I can't remember what truck you were looking to buy but here's a Granite with bumpers upgraded and Tactic system. Shipped from US

Edit: shipping is $30. too much imo. nevermind
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-Gran...282475?hash=item56db4a88eb:g:Y9UAAOSwVr9esibM

Last edited:
Jim’s are good. I run them in a couple rigs. If you are paying $$ for shipping maybe buy an extra couple inner wheel bearings (larger one...) to put in the box, maybe motor bearings while you’re at it for a few bucks more. Those are the only ones that wear out for me.

Jim’s are good. I run them in a couple rigs. If you are paying $$ for shipping maybe buy an extra couple inner wheel bearings (larger one...) to put in the box, maybe motor bearings while you’re at it for a few bucks more. Those are the only ones that wear out for me.
I tried but shipping bumps to 18$ for some reason
contacted jims if it was a glitch because makes no sense lol i can buy 20 12x18x4 for 11$ shiping but if i had 10x15x4 bumps to 18 because in the kit like 6 bearings im not going to use

Last edited:
I played with the number i can order 12 12x18x4 4 10x15x4 and 4 8x16x5 before i get extra shipping kit is not worth it im just going to use only the one listed above

Received the bearings today after inpection they have grease or oily stuff coming out from inside of each bearing i quess they are well lubed comparaed to the fast eddies the seals are shorter in diametter because the edges are thickers and i see no gaps at all between the metal parts of the bearing while the fast eddies or protek i can almost stick my nail on the gap its pretty awful im really happy so far about the quality and i hope it performs like how it looks
Also got a 10% off for next order

Received the bearings today after inpection they have grease or oily stuff coming out from inside of each bearing i quess they are well lubed comparaed to the fast eddies the seals are shorter in diametter because the edges are thickers and i see no gaps at all between the metal parts of the bearing while the fast eddies or protek i can almost stick my nail on the gap its pretty awful im really happy so far about the quality and i hope it performs like how it looks
Which bearings brand did you end up buying?

Been replacing some of my bearings while I wait for parts with bearings by Jimmy.

Can i hit the link you bought them from
Can i hit the link you bought them from
Post link sorry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back