About to buy jims bearings anything i should know before buying?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering if anyone who has ordered from Jim's Bearings has had any email communication with this business? I ordered some bearings which is now lost somewhere at my local post office. So I needed to file a missing package inquiry, which asks for the method of shipment and the seller's address, but the business address for Jim's is nowhere to be found either on the website or online. You would think I'd get a quick email reply with this info, but such has not been the case. I've sent the business 3 separate emails asking for their address so I can complete the missing package form, and I've been completely ghosted and have yet to receive even a courtesy reply. And apparently, once the post office declares the package officially lost, it is the sender who has to file the formal lost package claim. So it looks like I'm out of luck here. This is actually my second set of Jim's bearings I had ordered since my first set arrived quickly, but it looks like I'll just have to write this one off as a loss and order a replacement set from a different vendor. It's unfortunate since I actually liked the first set of bearings I had received from Jim's.

Just wondering if anyone who has ordered from Jim's Bearings has had any email communication with this business? I ordered some bearings which is now lost somewhere at my local post office. So I needed to file a missing package inquiry, which asks for the method of shipment and the seller's address, but the business address for Jim's is nowhere to be found either on the website or online. You would think I'd get a quick email reply with this info, but such has not been the case. I've sent the business 3 separate emails asking for their address so I can complete the missing package form, and I've been completely ghosted and have yet to receive even a courtesy reply. And apparently, once the post office declares the package officially lost, it is the sender who has to file the formal lost package claim. So it looks like I'm out of luck here. This is actually my second set of Jim's bearings I had ordered since my first set arrived quickly, but it looks like I'll just have to write this one off as a loss and order a replacement set from a different vendor. It's unfortunate since I actually liked the first set of bearings I had received from Jim's.

Isn't Jim Lewis on here somewhere? I know he is on Facebook. I'll shoot him a message with a link to this thread for ya.

Cant you just submit without providing that info? I think it will still work.

I only knows he puts jelly rockets candy inside your order
Wait, what?! I didn't get my jelly rockets candy! (Bearings are working well though)
Just wondering if anyone who has ordered from Jim's Bearings has had any email communication with this business? ...
I got non-flanged bearings instead of flanged once. It took awhile for a response to my email. I forget exactly how long, I'm going to say around 2 weeks. But eventually I did get a response and flanged bearings were sent.

Wait, what?! I didn't get my jelly rockets candy! (Bearings are working well though)

I got non-flanged bearings instead of flanged once. It took awhile for a response to my email. I forget exactly how long, I'm going to say around 2 weeks. But eventually I did get a response and flanged bearings were sent.
He doesn't do candy anymore :(

So a quick update to my earlier post since I finally did receive an email reply from Jim, who advised he had been backed up on his emails. I was simply expecting him to supply the information that was needed for the missing package form, but was surprised to discover that his email contained a new tracking number for a replacement order that he was shipping out to me. He mentioned that if the post office ever delivers the original order, that I can just keep those as spares. It should be noted that I never asked for a refund or that I be sent a replacement set of bearings since it was the post office that lost the package. So hats off to Jim for going above and beyond since I doubt many merchants would have so willingly replaced an order lost by the post office. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I had previously purchased a set of Jim's bearings which I thought was excellent. For the quality of the bearings you get, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal on bearings - they're priced well with free shipping on orders over $20 and no tax since I live out of state. And did you just not read what this guy Jim just did for an order lost by the post office? So thanks again to Jim and kudos!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back