ABS Braking, Worth it for speed runners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adidas303

Rocky Mountain High!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
This is the first I've come across this, ABS Braking. Has this option been around? Curious if it's worth looking into for a speed runner rig?

This Infraction rig is setup with it.

I find that driftomanic guy so annoying..!! ??

The Infraction was nice though ( I've looked at those Proline LP's a few times, now at least I know they don't fit properly ? ),
I'm no speed run expert, but I think drag brake would be better for speed running..?
Speedrun - Drag Brake vs Racer - ABS vs Basher - none of the above..???

The Infraction was nice though ( I've looked at those Proline LP's a few times, now at least I know they don't fit properly ? ),
I'm no speed run expert, but I think drag brake would be better for speed running..?
Same! While his content is somewhat ok, he is a douche nozzle in the highest form. Yours truly unsubbed a while ago ?

He sounds like he’s from your neck of the woods

I thought he was an Aussie? ??‍♂️
Didn’t sound like one. Sounds like an expat but with a really f’d accent. Or he could be from Devon like reuby ?

I'm not a big fan of the guy as well, he just has done a couple things recently with the Infraction.

I didnt realize my Radiolink Tx has it, so I may try and mess around with it to learn.

Is that something that's going to be harder on the ESC and motor or maybe help it some?

I'm not a big fan of the guy as well, he just has done a couple things recently with the Infraction.

I didnt realize my Radiolink Tx has it, so I may try and mess around with it to learn.

Is that something that's going to be harder on the ESC and motor or maybe help it some?
I’ve read that it is hard on the ESC and motor. Maybe we need to develop a set of chutes ????

I’ve read that it is hard on the ESC and motor. Maybe we need to develop a set of chutes ????

That was my initial thought, then let the thought got carried away to more technical, not needed thoughts on it. ?

Well, nice to know some info on it. What works for one is not always the case for the next person.

Now a parachute would be fun to try and figure out! Would definitely need to hook it up to a channel to release, after that I'm no engineer on the placement, install, and packing the chute, haha. Do really like the idea though! ????

Careful messing with it on the radiolink. It's more for the gas engines. Just make sure to adjust for minimal brake return or you will end up in reverse really quickly.

Careful messing with it on the radiolink. It's more for the gas engines. Just make sure to adjust for minimal brake return or you will end up in reverse really quickly.
If that's case, being more nitro/gas setups, I'll probably wait on that then. Maybe at a point of nothing else I can really do with my cars, I'll try and learn more about it.

Thanks for the info! ?

I think a parachute on the 3rd channel might be a good idea.

Maybe we need to develop a set of chutes ????
Now a parachute would be fun to try and figure out! Would definitely need to hook it up to a channel to release, after that I'm no engineer on the placement, install, and packing the chute, haha. Do really like the idea though! ????
I think a parachute on the 3rd channel might be a good idea.

Solved....?

Toy-Story-Andys-Toy-Collection-Toy-Soldiers-0.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back