Kraton Acer racing ceramic bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I recently ordered a few acer ceramic bearings for my arrma kraton 4s motor bearing still a bit concerned because of the last motor who blew up on me. Did i do the right choice? I never heard of acer racing before what are the benefits of the ceramic bearing also? I only knew a few ones

There are several flavors of ceramic bearings, 100% ceramic, and a few hybrids. They tend to be more heat resistant. (y)But from my experience using them on my bicycle deraillers jockey wheels, they don't necessarily last longer, considering Jockey wheels spin at low rpms under little load. Dirt and water being the normal issue. But my bicycle jockey wheels spool up faster and more easily and require little if any lube. They work best with a light oil, not grease. Electric motors require an ABEC rating of 3 or better. Tighter tolerance. Less slop equals longevity. Ceramics are expensive depending on type and brand. Never used Acer Racing before. They have been around for a while. Well known. Can't comment on them though. Maybe others can chime in. I tend to avoid ceramics because of price. But they may have a purpose in motor applications. Ceramics still require maintenance like any other bearing. Especially motor maintenance and lube.
Cant hurt to try them out.:)

Last edited:
There are several flavors of ceramic bearings, 100% ceramic, and a few hybrids. They tend to be more heat resistant. (y)But from my experience using them on my bicycle deraillers jockey wheels, they don't necessarily last longer, considering Jockey wheels spin at low rpms under little load. Dirt and water being the normal issue. But my bicycle jockey wheels spin faster and more easily and require little if any lube. They work best with a light oil, not grease. Electric motors require an ABEC rating of 3 or better. Tighter tolerance. Less slop equals longevity. Ceramics are expensive depending on type and brand. Never used Acer before. Can't comment on them.
Cant hurt to try them out.:)
This is the bearing seems really nicely sealed

Attachments

• IMG_0618.PNG
    IMG_0618.PNG
    548.6 KB · Views: 38
Looks like a quality bearing for sure. I can tell by the seals. How much for two pieces? What size bearing did you get? Probably a motor specific ceramic bearing? Appears to be a hybrid type cermaic type.(y)

Looks like a quality bearing for sure. I can tell by the seals. How much for two pieces? What size bearing did you get?
5x13x4 was in special from 12usd to 7 so 10$ canadian for one
Bought only one just for the front for now because i don't want the stock to blow again and kill my new motor
For now

That's not a bad price at all. What size can motor did you say it is?
For a 4S rig? Which Arrma motor. I only have 6s rigs using the BLX 2050kv can. My motors are getting noisy and rough sounding.
Unpressing and pressing the old to new bearing will be loads of fun.:LOL: But worth it.(y) The OE Arrma motor bearings in general are budget grade.

That's not a bad price at all. What size can motor did you say it is?
For a 4S rig? Which Arrma motor. I only have 6s rigs using the BLX 2050kv can. My motors are getting noisy and rough sounding.
Unpressing and pressing the old to new bearing will be loads of fun.:LOL: But worth it.(y) The OE Arrma motor bearings in general are budget grade.
Its the 2400kv motor from arrma
I removed the top cap bearing with bread lol was fun

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back