Achtung small scale crawler guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
I was reading more than I ever wanted or needed to know about servos (again, and yes I have a problem) and ran across this new offering from John at ProModeler. Pretty genius idea, surprised nobody has done it yet. And it comes with a groovy name, too: the Brass Monkey!
https://www.promodeler.com/DS125CLHV-BM
Even though I have no use whatsoever for this servo I badly wish to purchase it. My therapist has labeled me a “latent servo fetishist.”

I was reading more than I ever wanted or needed to know about servos (again, and yes I have a problem) and ran across this new offering from John at ProModeler. ...
Even though I have no use whatsoever for this servo I badly wish to purchase it. My therapist has labeled me a “latent servo fetishist.”

Not to worry.. We all have our thing.

My wife says I have the same kind of issue with those damn LED flashlights. And I tend to stash them every where... Like a squirrel.
It's a problem.

Which one do you recommend? Something on the smaller side

Take a look at the Tasco XR8 Focus Beam Tactical LED Flashlight 3 pack..
Tasco-XR8.jpeg

That's what I have for around the house and campsite usage.
Plenty tough, dependable and Bright -provides more than enough light for those wide open areas and tight spots.

I've slowly moved away from my flashlight addiction. My all time favorite is the Lumintop FW3A. There's a few different versions. Very small triple LED 18650 light, max of 2,800 lumens (with the right LEDs). More modes than you'd expect and a temp sensor. It'll start ramping down when it gets too hot. Otherwise it could get hot enough to unsolder the LEDs...
Screenshot_20220921-082716.png

Last time I ordered one from here, coupon code 'FW3' took 20% off.

I've slowly moved away from my flashlight addiction. My all time favorite is the Lumintop FW3A. There's a few different versions. Very small triple LED 18650 light, max of 2,800 lumens (with the right LEDs). More modes than you'd expect and a temp sensor. It'll start ramping down when it gets too hot. Otherwise it could get hot enough to unsolder the LEDs...
View attachment 244979
Last time I ordered one from here, coupon code 'FW3' took 20% off.

Oh no..
There goes my squirrelly urges again...

I've bought 3 of these and one single LED. Not as bright but goes farther. I gave the first one away, another was being used by a friend while camping and I'm still waiting to get it back. But with these, you'd also need the 18650 battery and charger...

Take a look at the Tasco XR8 Focus Beam Tactical LED Flashlight 3 pack..
View attachment 244973

That's what I have for around the house and campsite usage.
Plenty tough, dependable and Bright -provides more than enough light for those wide open areas and tight spots.
Ordered. Thanks.

That's awesome for the extra weight on the scx24 I haven't done any upgrades to mine yet and it shows.

Good idea, but pricey for an scx servo, could just be I'm feeling the financial pinch right now. looks pretty cool though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back