Typhon Ackerman plate rubbing on diff case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOVA-RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Senton 6s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Wondering if anybody can help me sort this out. I have a brand new Typhon 6S that i took apart to put in ball bearings, change diff fluids, etc. When putting the car back together, I am feeling a slight rub from the bottom of the Ackerman plate to the rib on the diff housing. Again, everything is brand new. I didnt touch the Ackerman plate so the stock shim under it is still there. Any ideas? TIA.

Attachments

• F039C541-D4A3-4B33-BD1B-A8DD786D7939.jpeg
    F039C541-D4A3-4B33-BD1B-A8DD786D7939.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 143
Wondering if anybody can help me sort this out. I have a brand new Typhon 6S that i took apart to put in ball bearings, change diff fluids, etc. When putting the car back together, I am feeling a slight rub from the bottom of the Ackerman plate to the rib on the diff housing. Again, everything is brand new. I didnt touch the Ackerman plate so the stock shim under it is still there. Any ideas? TIA.
I had this issue as well and I believe the steering rack just wasn’t seated 100% and caused the misalignment. I took the rack back out and it seated properly the second time. I think it worked best having the steering studs not screwed into the chassis until the last step. Have them attached to the top plate and get everything in place first

I had this issue as well and I believe the steering rack just wasn’t seated 100% and caused the misalignment. I took the rack back out and it seated properly the second time. I think it worked best having the steering studs not screwed into the chassis until the last step. Have them attached to the top plate and get everything in place first

I’ve reseated the steering rack so many times already, lol. I will try loosening the steering studs to see if it helps. I just hate dealing with the loctite on it. Maybe i can just add another shim under the ackerman plate?

I’ve reseated the steering rack so many times already, lol. I will try loosening the steering studs to see if it helps. I just hate dealing with the loctite on it. Maybe i can just add another shim under the ackerman plate?
Not entirely sure on the shims.

You're missing the washers on the bottom
Do you mean the washers under the ackerman plate? If so, they are there. I added another washer under the plate but it added more play. Loosening the steering bolts and tightening them last didn’t help either. I ended up take a small file and smooth down the surface where Ackerman plate was rubbing on the diff case. Couldn’t figure out was was different. All i did was swap bushings to ball bearings. Oh well.

Have you tried it with the top plate in place? Mine is a tight squeeze but the plate pushes everything back into alignment.

Yup. I’ve done it to complete build and it was still rubbing. Thanks tho. As mentioned above, I just sanded off the part that was rubbing and called it a day ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back