Senton Action shots... Then no more action...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBassBrent

Deep in the heat of Texas
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
Girlfriend decided to take some action shots of my Senton buggy on the home track. Clipped the inside of the high speed turn on the last pic. That's not a still shot, it's mid crash. Never had a ball come out like that. Hopefully the carrier isn't cracked.

Attachments

• DSC_0062.jpeg
    DSC_0062.jpeg
    292.1 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_0043.jpeg
    DSC_0043.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_0073.jpeg
    DSC_0073.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_0022.jpeg
    DSC_0022.jpeg
    323.9 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_0118.jpeg
    DSC_0118.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 72
Girlfriend decided to take some action shots of my Senton buggy on the home track. Clipped the inside of the high speed turn on the last pic. That's not a still shot, it's mid crash. Never had a ball come out like that. Hopefully the carrier isn't cracked.
Nice pics! A few have had them pop out, and even if it isn't cracked, it's likely to be stretched. Inspect it closely, because I had one with a hair line crack that was difficult to see.

Popping is par for course with these cars. Not so much with the shorter arm cars but it can still happen. I raced my Typhon for a while & it did occur twice on high speed tumbles. Both times the steering block wasn't cracked but I replaced it anyway. I would gladly break a block that can be replaced in under a minute than deal with busted arms that can take other parts with it. That's why I never used HR blocks.

Popping is par for course with these cars. Not so much with the shorter arm cars but it can still happen. I raced my Typhon for a while & it did occur twice on high speed tumbles. Both times the steering block wasn't cracked but I replaced it anyway. I would gladly break a block that can be replaced in under a minute than deal with busted arms that can take other parts with it. That's why I never used HR blocks.

I was going back and fourth on the hot racing carrier blocks. Wondering if they would be stronger or just a more expensive fix when I break them. Your advice is to stay with stock?

I was going back and fourth on the hot racing carrier blocks. Wondering if they would be stronger or just a more expensive fix when I break them. Your advice is to stay with stock?
Tumble will always happen. The plastic blocks are super cheap & a fast fix. The HR blocks are $50, will keep the ball in place & transfer the force to the screwed part, ripping it out of the socket. I only seen it happen a few times, but it was always with HR blocks.

Tumble will always happen. The plastic blocks are super cheap & a fast fix. The HR blocks are $50, will keep the ball in place & transfer the force to the screwed part, ripping it out of the socket. I only seen it happen a few times, but it was always with HR blocks.
Good info, makes sense. Thank you.

Okay as know one else is asking then I will,

...why are you calling it a "Senton" buggy? It's a "Typhon" buggy surely.
The "Senton" is a SCT (short course truck).

Or am I missing something? ?
Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong and I know I definitely don't know everything about Arrma.

Love the pictures BTW.
Actually just thought, ...have you just fitted the Typhon body shell and a wing on a Senton chassis?!

Okay as know one else is asking then I will,

...why are you calling it a "Senton" buggy? It's a "Typhon" buggy surely.
The "Senton" is a SCT (short course truck).

Or am I missing something? ?
Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong and I know I definitely don't know everything about Arrma.

Love the pictures BTW.
Actually just thought, ...have you just fitted the Typhon body shell and a wing on a Senton chassis?!
The Senton & Typhon are basically the same chassis with different arms, CVDs, & rear dogbones. Take off the plastic Senton junk, add wing/mount, body posts, smaller side guards & instead of a tumbling tank, you have a tumbling buggy. It would be a bit more stable with the Typhon arms & drive gear though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back