Talion Active (Aero) Wing!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take it you've seen "Innovation RC" on YouTube then have you?
Brandon has been running an active wing on his speed runner Typhon for quite some time.

See their videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsJjXrrnKSuTrih97FOQjwg/videos

If you want to do it yourself then you're going to need a decent servo and some ingenuity. ;)

I have seen some guys build one on a xo-1
They used an aurduino or similar microcontroller to run servos based on inputs from an accelerometer, steering, and throttle inputs.
What is the goal? more traction in turns or adjusting for less downforce at higher speeds? or some fancy mix of it all

This is the xo-1 project mentioned. They did a split wing for cornering benefits but the same concept exists and gives some good visuals on how the servo connections would work:

Have you ever coded micro-controllers like the Arduino before?
The code might look similar to this code used to drive a light controller (very ruff ball park stuff here as an example)
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=124147.0

I wrote a program on a microcontroller to drive a fan with differing PWM based on inputs from a temp sensor. It is pretty fun stuff to work with. Arduino is quite easy and has a large support group to help you.

-Liberty

Keep in mind this is coming from just a guy with thoughts and no experience. hahaha (heck I don't even know if this is what you guys are talking about!!!:ROFLMAO:

So I was thinking if an AVC or similar system keeps the wheels pointed in a certain direction even when the vehicle faces this way or that,
what if the same type of system was used to keep the wing (front and/or back) angled correctly when the vehicle starts to lift the front...?
My thought is that with the wing keeping it's original position when the car starts to lift, the wing will push it back down and continue making adjustments as needed instead of force instantly flinging the vehicle over.
I'm assuming that speed could also be tied into the mix to slow the vehicle if it gets too much lift for the wing to correct it.
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Chris Farley Idk GIF

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back