Adapt this ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joostin420

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
D60A19A4-9D54-4B14-BAF1-E6D369311886.jpeg

It's actually only one adapter, Dean's to ec5, and the ic5 is actually the esc plug... but yeah, there is alot going on... lol...

The pic surely makes it seem like the ec5 is part of the mess... lol

Papa Bear
Mama Bear
Baby Bear

Why doesn't anyone run 5mm bullet connectors plugged directly into the lipo like a lot of race packs are set up like?

iETTciX.png

Why doesn't anyone run 5mm bullet connectors plugged directly into the lipo like a lot of race packs are set up like?
I know a lot of the big speed guys run some like that. I don't because it's too likely I'll screw up plugging them into the truck or the charger.

Make your leads different lengths so they physically won't reach the "wrong" connection point.....

so there is no problem with doing it that way then if I want to end up going that route?
Ive never ran these high amp escs and stuff, I race all stock setups, so 17.5 motors and stock racing esc's, with my largest battery being 4400 2s.
I just would always see pictures of the xt90 and ec5 connectors so I figured just keep mine. hah.

But if there is no issue with doing it that way, I will switch to that down the road when I get some new lipos.

And yeah, I learned that keep one lead shorter trick after I killed an ESC. lol
that smoke, that smell, that sound, and then feeling like a total dip stick after, haha.
rushing to get the car on and to the track after marshaling and i was careless.
I think its happened to everyone in the hobby at least once. lol

I have EC-5 on all my stuff but who knows what the future holds.

I really want to build a Speed Run Limitless and run it at the old Fort Collins airport. The runway is closed, and the indoor track I go to is walking distance. They also have a radar gun, and they've run cars on the runway before with no issues. The owner said he'd be up for it, but the other time they tried it people weren't real interested in it, so they never did anything with it.

Who knows...might catch on for old cranky guys like me!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back